hulika

Author Topic: RJ SUPER VINTAGE  (Read 65594 times)

Offline inexperience

• Forum Fanatic
Re: RJ SUPER VINTAGE
« Reply #950 on: September 06, 2014, 10:42:50 AM »
Pag pangit ba ang tsura ng isang guitara wala na syang karapatang bilin? Referring to rjsv:-D
"creeping deeaath"

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #951 on: September 06, 2014, 10:57:44 AM »
OT mine is prestine coz its just in my room no people has ever touched it onlly me, hello kitty's face is still wrapped in factory plastic. i also have hello kitty strap. the only thing missing is the hello kitty gig bag. i keep it in a hard case too

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #952 on: September 06, 2014, 11:11:00 AM »
RJ super vintage has an instruction booklet. and for those who tested it without reading it, then surely you wouldnt get the tones you are looking for..and you guys just based on groundless conclusions... Specially if you turned the swithces wrong.

OT its hard to get a squire hello kitty these days on brand new status coz its out of production. specially here in the phils its hard to find one, but we can buy anything online. but mine is in prestine condition, and sorry guys it wont be for sale i like it too much.

Yep it does come with a booklet (nakasama sa case which is on display), but the dude who helped me sa store didn't break it out for me. i figured out some of the switching bits before he told me which ones were which. It does sound different on each configuration, and I figure that you can coax many sounds out of the given combinations, and coupled with the use of the tone knob.

but...the sounds do not come out as the ad by RJ makes it out to be. there's a passing similarity on some but that's quite it.

also bro, i don't think seeing it eye to eye and holding it in my hands make for groundless conclusions. unless all the other guys here who'd seen and played it are deaf, blind, or making up stories about it.

to your hello kitty squire, sayang bro but you know if it does come na hindi mo na siya gusto, i can give her a forever home.  :-D

and bro, it's PRISTINE and not PRESTINE. no such word as PRESTINE, hence the pun on it's value.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 11:13:34 AM by fizz450_03 »
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #953 on: September 07, 2014, 12:39:42 PM »
Yep it does come with a booklet (nakasama sa case which is on display), but the dude who helped me sa store didn't break it out for me. i figured out some of the switching bits before he told me which ones were which. It does sound different on each configuration, and I figure that you can coax many sounds out of the given combinations, and coupled with the use of the tone knob.

but...the sounds do not come out as the ad by RJ makes it out to be. there's a passing similarity on some but that's quite it.

also bro, i don't think seeing it eye to eye and holding it in my hands make for groundless conclusions. unless all the other guys here who'd seen and played it are deaf, blind, or making up stories about it.

to your hello kitty squire, sayang bro but you know if it does come na hindi mo na siya gusto, i can give her a forever home.  :-D

and bro, it's PRISTINE and not PRESTINE. no such word as PRESTINE, hence the pun on it's value.

yes im reading the instruction booklet, its not thick, just thin but the sound is really ok for me :) you just need to make the right switch combinations and you are good to go.
the tones are really nice

regarding the hello kitty, you know how business goes here, most people pay lowballs, and if thats the case, id rather keep my hello kitty since im her first guy :)

back to the topic you just need to make the right combinations as written in the instruction manual and plug it in a decent amp

the quality on this guitar is far more superior than its predecessor. I enjoy most of the tones here
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 01:12:24 PM by 24242009 »

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #954 on: September 07, 2014, 01:55:21 PM »
The forumers here just want to see someone who actually buys an RJ Super Vintage and give first had reviews after purchasing. Now wouldn't this thread be a better place if that was the case?

i will buy an RJ super vintage guitar..i think its cool and worth the money. i like the jazzmaster type body.

I too, was expecting. Really had to see this one since this, I believe - is a long shot.
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #955 on: September 07, 2014, 04:49:49 PM »
RJ super vintage has an instruction booklet. and for those who tested it without reading it, then surely you wouldnt get the tones you are looking for..and you guys just based on groundless conclusions... Specially if you turned the swithces wrong.

OT its hard to get a squire hello kitty these days on brand new status coz its out of production. specially here in the phils its hard to find one, but we can buy anything online. but mine is in prestine condition, and sorry guys it wont be for sale i like it too much.

With regards to getting the 5 in 1 thing, even without reading the instruction booklet; I have ENOUGH experience with guitars to know if a TIMBRE sounds exactly LIKE ANOTHER TIMBRE.  I use my EARS and not my EYES.  Please don't insult our intelligence.

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #956 on: September 08, 2014, 06:46:50 AM »
nagbakasyon na ako at nakabalik sa opis di mo pa din binili?

you sir, is a low grade twat. hahaha. :lol:
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #957 on: September 08, 2014, 07:03:37 AM »

page 39 na, nagrecrod na ulit eheads after 14 years, di pa din nabibili?
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline jhaystrat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #958 on: September 08, 2014, 08:59:07 AM »
So RJ ba nag tra-trabaho si hello kitty?

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #959 on: September 08, 2014, 09:40:54 AM »
With regards to getting the 5 in 1 thing, even without reading the instruction booklet; I have ENOUGH experience with guitars to know if a TIMBRE sounds exactly LIKE ANOTHER TIMBRE.  I use my EARS and not my EYES.  Please don't insult our intelligence.

+100
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #960 on: September 08, 2014, 09:51:29 AM »
Even FM55 is, for the lack of a better word, "bothered" by this thread.

I hope magkaroon ng resolution ang thread na ito, i.e. naconfirm natin or ng mga mods na RJ employee si TS. Para naman worthy ito ilagay sa "The Backread Thread". lol

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #961 on: September 08, 2014, 10:12:28 AM »
Even FM55 is, for the lack of a better word, "bothered" by this thread.

I hope magkaroon ng resolution ang thread na ito, i.e. naconfirm natin or ng mga mods na RJ employee si TS. Para naman worthy ito ilagay sa "The Backread Thread". lol

The RJ Super Backread Thread  :lol:

ops, wait lang, dibs ako sa virgin Kitty ni 24242009 !! Tama sya, mahirap na maghanap nyan in pristine condition!

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #962 on: September 08, 2014, 11:47:12 AM »
well if you guys will not read the RJ supervintage instruction booklet for the settings you will not make the most out of it. Because 3 swithces with different configurations can make different sounds not just 5 guitars but plenty more. To replicate the jazzmaster sound, just follow what is inside the intruction booklet.

as far as the hello kitty even if you pay me 3x its value I wouldnt sell mine.. and I wouldnt accept lowballers offers as well. My kitty is for keeps. :) even if you offer me 30k or 40k I wouldnt sell this..
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 11:50:28 AM by 24242009 »

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #963 on: September 08, 2014, 11:49:59 AM »

maglalabas daw ang RJ ng Super Vintage Hello Kitty Sanrio Model
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #964 on: September 08, 2014, 11:57:03 AM »
well if you guys will not read the RJ supervintage instruction booklet for the settings you will not make the most out of it. Because 3 swithces with different configurations can make different sounds not just 5 guitars but plenty more. To replicate the jazzmaster sound, just follow what is inside the intruction booklet.

as far as the hello kitty even if you pay me 3x its value I wouldnt sell mine.. and I wouldnt accept lowballers offers as well. My kitty is for keeps. :) even if you offer me 30k or 40k I wouldnt sell this..

oh i dont know 3 swithces ? we cant figure that out. too complicated. like my [ice cream].
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #965 on: September 08, 2014, 12:03:55 PM »

ayaw mo nun, pag nabenta mo ng 30 o 40k yung kitty mo, makakabili ka na ng RJSV. tutal kaya naman niya strat tones diba mPUA? o importante din ba sayo brand name? aminin mo na kasi, wala ka naman talagang balak bumili. nagpopromote ka lang, or worse, nagpapadami ng post count.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #966 on: September 08, 2014, 12:19:58 PM »

I'm sorry but the SV does NOT replicate the JM tone. I've tried three SVs and none of them do it right.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 01:02:19 PM by treblinkalovescene »
Offset guitars for life.

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #967 on: September 08, 2014, 12:26:47 PM »

Saang branch po ng RJ may maraming stock ng SV? At kailan po next gig ni RJ?

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #968 on: September 08, 2014, 12:47:28 PM »

I think any respectable electric guitarist can figure out the 5 tones without the manual. You just have to know what it does (and in that you just have to flick or turn it to know), and the how is totally intuitive. If you had to read a manual to dial in tones, well, shiz, talagang market ka nga ng RJ.

Sayang, gusto ko talaga ng Hello Kitty Squier, no joke  :-D

maglalabas daw ang RJ ng Super Vintage Hello Kitty Sanrio Model

pero ang nakalagay yung kapatid nya si Mimmy  :lol:

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #969 on: September 08, 2014, 02:35:54 PM »
the RJ supervintage has a very easy to read instruction manual with drawings. If you think you can play it without reading it, then you are an expert guitarist. But I've mentioned it here because most of you are not satisfied with the tones, and upon your replies, it seems that most of you played it without reffering to the instruction booklet, and then blame the guitar.

I have read the instruction manual and followed it, and I was satisfied with the sound of RJ super vintage. There are specific settings, you cant just say you set it with relying on intuition alone.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #970 on: September 08, 2014, 02:39:48 PM »
the RJ supervintage has a very easy to read instruction manual with drawings. If you think you can play it without reading it, then you are an expert guitarist. But I've mentioned it here because most of you are not satisfied with the tones, and upon your replies, it seems that most of you played it without reffering to the instruction booklet, and then blame the guitar.

I have read the instruction manual and followed it, and I was satisfied with the sound of RJ super vintage. There are specific settings, you cant just say you set it with relying on intuition alone.

hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #971 on: September 08, 2014, 02:41:03 PM »
Pag pangit ba ang tsura ng isang guitara wala na syang karapatang bilin? Referring to rjsv:-D

ALAM KO ATA TO AH =)) HAHAHAHA

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #972 on: September 08, 2014, 02:45:20 PM »
Saang branch po ng RJ may maraming stock ng SV? At kailan po next gig ni RJ?

i see what you did there. hahahaha. :-D

Completely.

Offline stompmoko

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #973 on: September 08, 2014, 02:58:07 PM »
but in a live setting, i liked how the RJSV sounded..watched RJ last Aug 29, bagay naman sa tugtugan

did it cop the toanz? yung strat malapit, yung iba hindi eh..pero didn't mind the switching of tones from the performance

as much as i enjoy watching him live (punta nalang kayo sa Dusit), i enjoy his tone..swak lang, lots of usable sounds from it
color of the day is monkey sh1t brown

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #974 on: September 08, 2014, 03:03:00 PM »