hulika

Author Topic: QUALITY vs COST  (Read 28935 times)

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: QUALITY vs COST
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2009, 05:31:56 AM »
If you check the real bursts, they were made of Honduran Mahogany and with Brazilian rosewood fingerboard.  Proud to be Brazilian!!!

You're Brazilian?
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2009, 05:34:01 AM »
...my god....you guys ever think this is just gears?... ..cccchhhhhiiiiilllllll.

it's like....." My robot is da best....your robot is poo poo."

i haz new amp and cab phil. getting the legacy back soon.
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline guitarb0y

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2009, 05:48:00 AM »
Go with the gear that suits you best and play the best out of it.

If you're a newbie like me, i'll be just happy to play with my very cheap small amp with an overdrive tone and a cheap guitar with no name that sounds like a strat. Very low end but the most people think i play very good. You'll be a rock star in no time with less money.

Business men are total getting all the money they can get from us. Thats monopoly.

Just my opinion. Peace!

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2009, 05:58:20 AM »
Oh, I can't separate equipment from playing. I am constantly learning. Both my skills and gear. Before it was the other way around. I am trying something new.  :lol:

RS Pots/kit - I will.

Would love to try both Bakers that you have and compare it myself.

I'd rather bring all my gear to your house as I can imagine it would be a better place to do the comparison. Not today. One weekend for sure. Prior to the GAS Day. (OKI DOKI. JUST SO I CAN PREPARE THE ROOM, WHAT AMP AND CABINET WILL YOU BRING?)

Hand picked - I personally like to pick my own gear. Deemed useless by most or not.

Baker again - I'll try what you have. #41 and #55 right? (YUP)

Luthiers - you serious?

Suhr - email trail - i'd rather you just tell me in person than look at something personal. And I WILL test your Suhrs.

My own conclusion for this:
firemodel55. done deal. we meet then. let's try this weekend or the next. I work at very weird  hours. I will coordinate with MarkV so I may borrow his axe for the meet. Either it's just you and me or up to you to request an audience. (JUST CHIME IN WHICH WEEKEND IS BEST FOR YOU -- I WILL MAKE MYSELF AVAILABLE)

Offline Filthy

« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2009, 06:01:51 AM »
i've tried playing with the most expensive guitars and the cheapest. the most expensive ive played is a PRS custom archtop hollow body. i think my manager bought it for about 200 thou pesos. then i think i sound better with a much cheaper ibanez RG  :-D
May kasabihan po tayo "Mahirap maging gitarista kapag walang gitara" bow!

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2009, 07:16:40 AM »
i haz new amp and cab phil. getting the legacy back soon.
...connect it to a full stack ...get a hb equipped axe and dime the heck out of it....then dedicate the first power chord to me.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2009, 10:01:54 AM »
wow this is something!

last night was chatting with a netbuddy who lives in scotland and he was wondering what i was up to, so i told him about this topic you guys are discussing and i couldnt explain to him what 'hiyaw was' the best  i could come up was this wah like 'ngahh' when you bend notes, so i asked if his guitars(he has a suhr, vigier, or his shecter custom) had something like this, i thought he was going to say 'IDK what you're talking about', but he gave me soundclips, he told me to listen to when he would ring the notes..so i suggested not to use his highend amps(matchless..he has money) so he winged me clips using a mesa F50 combo,

Suhr - http://www.mediafire.com/?2myljhm5350

Vigier - http://www.mediafire.com/?mjdgzuyemow

Schecter - http://www.mediafire.com/?mj2yhvcmnnv

the suhr and vigier are both stock, the schecter has duncans, listen to the end of each note as he bends or ring it...

my guitars couldnt do these.!? im wondering what they did, btw his guitars are hand picked by world guitars uk

hmmm is this hiyaw?

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2009, 12:14:53 PM »
 :-D

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2009, 12:45:47 PM »
rolexm,

3. If you praise your gear maybe you should show us how you play it. That would probably end all discussions if you can sound better than all of us.  -- playing has nothing to do with the quality vs cost argument.  I can also ask somebody who can play to play on my gear to cream you but thats not the point. 

My previous post quoting a great contradiction was erased. I just want to point it again so that new readers will see that this guys would rather have someone play his gear to cream a guy.

One more thing, he has mastered technique of typing within a quote so that it won't appear in a quote. FYI.

In every forum, there is always a guy like him. He gets on everyone's nerve with his upward chin attitude. If we fuel his fix, he won't stop talking. It's a Catch 22. Know this, he was like this 3 years ago and he was banned for this keystrokes.  Now he back doing the same thing. Will he ever learn?
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2009, 01:08:07 PM »

In every forum, there is always a guy like him. He gets on everyone's nerve with his upward chin attitude. If we fuel his fix, he won't stop talking. It's a Catch 22. Know this, he was like this 3 years ago and he was banned for this keystrokes.  Now he back doing the same thing. Will he ever learn?
[/color]

Will he ever learn?

In Abnormal Psychology, only three personalities will never learn...

1) IDIOTS
2) IMBECILES
3) MORONS

and the last one is known to like expensive toys a lot, but doesn't know how to play with them...

Offline killjom

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2009, 01:17:46 PM »
If you check the real bursts, they were made of Honduran Mahogany and with Brazilian rosewood fingerboard.  Proud to be Brazilian!!!

Sir you're a Brazilian?

Well honestly I'll follow my instincts rather than the advise of a luthier when it comes to picking the right guitar.
Fear neither fire nor blood.

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2009, 01:37:11 PM »
I'm starting to believe firemodel55 is racist. :lol:

But then again, we don't deny that your guitars are REALLY GOOD. But you cannot deny that there are options that are cheaper and difference in quality is almost negligible.

As for playing, what's the point in owning something so beautiful if you can't make it sound good? Again, not denying your guitars sound REALLY GOOD would probably sound good in someone else's hands.

Is that practical? And, please stop misquoting and sidetracking because the point of this thread is to determine where the confidence level of the AVERAGE musician lies when it comes to practicality with the measures: QUALITY vs COST.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2009, 03:15:36 PM »
My previous post quoting a great contradiction was erased. I just want to point it again so that new readers will see that this guys would rather have someone play his gear to cream a guy.

I DONT THINK IT WAS ERASED.  THERE'S JUST AN ERROR THAT DOES NOT DISPLAY THE REPLY BUT WHEN YOU 'POST A REPLY' IT STILL IS THERE.  IT HAPPENS TO ME TOO.  YUP, SPECIALLY FOR GUYS WHO THINK THEY PLAY GREAT.

One more thing, he has mastered technique of typing within a quote so that it won't appear in a quote. FYI.

I CAN PROVE MY POINTS JUST COME OVER. WILL YOU EVER LEARN THAT?

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2009, 03:20:22 PM »
[/color]

Will he ever learn?

In Abnormal Psychology, only three personalities will never learn...

1) IDIOTS
2) IMBECILES
3) MORONS

and the last one is known to like expensive toys a lot, but doesn't know how to play with them...

I would include a fourth -- people who cannot hear and unfortunately they like to admit that they play thru crappy amps.

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2009, 07:33:05 PM »
wow this is something!

last night was chatting with a netbuddy who lives in scotland and he was wondering what i was up to, so i told him about this topic you guys are discussing and i couldnt explain to him what 'hiyaw was' the best  i could come up was this wah like 'ngahh' when you bend notes, so i asked if his guitars(he has a suhr, vigier, or his shecter custom) had something like this, i thought he was going to say 'IDK what you're talking about', but he gave me soundclips, he told me to listen to when he would ring the notes..so i suggested not to use his highend amps(matchless..he has money) so he winged me clips using a mesa F50 combo,

Suhr - http://www.mediafire.com/?2myljhm5350

Vigier - http://www.mediafire.com/?mjdgzuyemow

Schecter - http://www.mediafire.com/?mj2yhvcmnnv

the suhr and vigier are both stock, the schecter has duncans, listen to the end of each note as he bends or ring it...

my guitars couldnt do these.!? im wondering what they did, btw his guitars are hand picked by world guitars uk

hmmm is this hiyaw?

Nice demos!

the schecter and vigier certainly got my attention... but the suhr is just so phat, i love it!

but on the other hand... it's just what i heard and read here...

:wink:

« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 08:08:46 PM by masterchoxter »
[

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2009, 03:50:35 AM »
...connect it to a full stack ...get a hb equipped axe and dime the heck out of it....then dedicate the first power chord to me.

noted. it's on my board now.  :-D

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2009, 04:20:58 AM »
How many guitarists does it take to screw a lightbulb?
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2009, 05:32:05 AM »
Sir you're a Brazilian?

Diba masakit iyan when they yank out the hardened wax?

:evil:

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2009, 05:38:40 AM »
Nice demos!

the schecter and vigier certainly got my attention... but the suhr is just so phat, i love it!

but on the other hand... it's just what i heard and read here...

:wink:

yes im really surprised by this, now im not sure what to do, probably if i save enough next year ill have a suhr that thing is phat sounding! must be from the overall construction? ill ask if he can do the same with the matchless, clearly i can assume its not a pinch harmonic or the way he hits the string, because the anomaly happens after the string & note was struck..this is ideal for soloing,
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 05:40:58 AM by bryanarzaga »

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2009, 06:11:57 AM »
Quote from: Letour on Kahapon at 12:45:47 PM

I DONT THINK IT WAS ERASED.  THERE'S JUST AN ERROR THAT DOES NOT DISPLAY THE REPLY BUT WHEN YOU 'POST A REPLY' IT STILL IS THERE.  IT HAPPENS TO ME TOO.  YUP, SPECIALLY FOR GUYS WHO THINK THEY PLAY GREAT.

You still haven't answered the point of contradiction. Please explain how Rolexm has to play his gear to prove himself but you will ask someone else to play your gear to prove the same point? Then you say that erased posts occur to those who think they play great and your posts gets erased as well. Contradiction or admission?

I CAN PROVE MY POINTS JUST COME OVER. WILL YOU EVER LEARN THAT?

Mr. Gomez, I shall take you on this offer. Lets have that tone party! I will pay for the studio, even 3 hours if you want. I already know a top notch studio with professional grade interior design. Bring the gear you are always talking about. But I only have one condition. That session where YOU proved your points must be recorded both video and audio. Why? Because of the best evidence rule. There has to be evidence of what you say.

I nominate BAMF to set up the blind test rules. So, are you really up to the challenge or will just hide behind your keyboard again?
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2009, 06:32:47 AM »
I'm starting to believe firemodel55 is racist. :lol:

But then again, we don't deny that your guitars are REALLY GOOD. But you cannot deny that there are options that are cheaper and difference in quality is almost negligible.

As for playing, what's the point in owning something so beautiful if you can't make it sound good? Again, not denying your guitars sound REALLY GOOD would probably sound good in someone else's hands.

Is that practical? And, please stop misquoting and sidetracking because the point of this thread is to determine where the confidence level of the AVERAGE musician lies when it comes to practicality with the measures: QUALITY vs COST.

i like...  :lol:

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2009, 06:41:20 AM »

Offline thr3ten

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2009, 07:07:11 AM »
bring it on!!  nood kami :-D pahinging popcorn pao!
Pulling Teeth!

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2009, 07:14:34 AM »
Mr. Gomez, I shall take you on this offer. Lets have that tone party! I will pay for the studio, even 3 hours if you want. I already know a top notch studio with professional grade interior design. Bring the gear you are always talking about. But I only have one condition. That session where YOU proved your points must be recorded both video and audio. Why? Because of the best evidence rule. There has to be evidence of what you say.

I nominate BAMF to set up the blind test rules. So, are you really up to the challenge or will just hide behind your keyboard again?

I will agree to the studio challenge if:
1. There is no audio and video for the main reason that it will not capture the important elements that define good sounding equipment.
2. No BAMF blind test rules but rather invite 10 known guitarist to test my equipment against yours.  Then you can video their review of the equipment.

That being said: You are still welcome to come over with your guitar and amp to my house.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 03:33:04 AM by firemodel55 »

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2009, 07:34:24 AM »
hmm no audio or video? audio at least i want to hear if that guitar has that same anomaly from what my friend adam(born in scotland but raised in sunderland england)..did with his guitars, the suhr is an s4 model

if the guitar cant..well..