hulika

Author Topic: Need Help to dispose of a PRS Hollow Body McCarty  (Read 5633 times)

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
Need Help to dispose of a PRS Hollow Body McCarty
« on: May 05, 2006, 06:09:49 AM »
My friend, Mr. Gabe Ascalon needs to sell of his year 2000 PRS Hollow Body McCarty.  

He lives way back in Bacolod.  He needs the money to overhaul his two tractors which he uses to harvest sugar.  

I would normally post this at the BUY AND SELL section but I felt maybe you guys who have patience to read posts here would be more interested aside from having the financial capability.

His asking price is P135,000.  Wala akong patong dito.  I just want to help him out.

I dont have any pics because Gabe is not a techy type of guy, so I guess I will just have to wait until he drops by Manila.  But for those seriously considering, please inform me so I can give you this text number.

Advance thanks to everyone for considering.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 10:22:05 AM »
pare, you have a PM :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 04:22:41 PM »
Gabe is one bad MF.  Saw him play in Audiophile Pioneer.  He's an acquaintance of mine.  Can't believe he was the original Side A guitarist.  He definitely did the right move.  Apparently, he doesn't like the "requesting" crowd hehehe.

Asking price is P135,000?  I think I can get a decent Historic '57 LP with that amount.  Any pics?

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 09:36:51 PM »
Request lang Skunky,

If you dont have money to buy P135,000 worth of PRS,  Huwag mo naman i-compare sa 57 Historic LP na pareho mong hindi pa naririnig at hindi mo mabibili.  Nangangailangan siya ng pera.  Anyway, if you are not interested the guitar will be sold eventually to the really big guns here locally who buy expensive guitars and they dont usually patronize this forum.   I am just acting on an urgent request and I thought of posting it here but given the lackluster interest which I think really is driven by affordability, I should not have posted it.

As I said, he is no techie.  So, either I wait for him to bring the unit to Manila so I can take pics which in any case susubukan niyo naman for sound and feel which defeats the purpose of posting pictures if you dont have the money.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 10:39:44 PM »
hb 1 or 2?  10-top or non-10-top?  artist package?  piezo?  PhP135K sounds okay depending on the condition, features, options, etc.

do you check your pm?  if so, let me know so we can correspond via pm instead.

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 12:41:15 AM »
Ive dealt w/ gabe a few times... got his prs ce22 and a 52 ri tele.... when he says its in mint cond- talagang maayos.... the guitar is a hollowbody I so spruce top w/ piezo....

Offline markflo

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 01:01:09 AM »
OAS, bilhin mo na muna siguro muna, tapos i re sell mo nalang...that way, may pera na si mr. gabe, at nakatulong ka pa.. puro broke ata mga tao dito eh..hehehe...

suggestion lang...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 01:18:42 AM »
Quote from: oasgomez
Request lang Skunky,

If you dont have money to buy P135,000 worth of PRS,  Huwag mo naman i-compare sa 57 Historic LP na pareho mong hindi pa naririnig at hindi mo mabibili.  Nangangailangan siya ng pera.  Anyway, if you are not interested the guitar will be sold eventually to the really big guns here locally who buy expensive guitars and they dont usually patronize this forum.   I am just acting on an urgent request and I thought of posting it here but given the lackluster interest which I think really is driven by affordability, I should not have posted it.

As I said, he is no techie.  So, either I wait for him to bring the unit to Manila so I can take pics which in any case susubukan niyo naman for sound and feel which defeats the purpose of posting pictures if you dont have the money.

Man, we sure are testy. Lets stay cool. Chill.....
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 02:07:42 AM »
Request lang Skunky,

OUCH!!! :cry:  :lol:

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 02:45:34 AM »
Quote from: stratman1
Request lang Skunky,

OUCH!!! :cry:  :lol:

Yeah OUCH it is... :x

Offline markflo

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 03:05:40 AM »
i can't wait for skunky's response...exciting...hahah...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006, 03:22:08 AM »
ehehe parang gulong ng palad ah

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 04:10:17 AM »
my bro in law bought Gabe's Gibson les paul.. 100k... siya ba yung maraming guitar collection as far as i can remember??
Music is art in sound...

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 04:21:56 AM »
Request lang Skunky,

Hehehe yan ang kaibigan :lol:

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 05:27:39 AM »
di naman biro yung 135K so tingin ko matatagalan bago mabili yan unless richkid talaga ang bibili sana manalo ako ng lotto at kukunin ko yan hehehe
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006, 06:29:02 AM »
far out.. if you look at the price.. parang pag nsa pinas ka its such a big amount of money..

socal boys, how much ba ganyan sa US? a friend of mine sold his HB1 for $2700, i wanted to buy it but couldnt justify that amount of cash..

but yeah good luck to him nalang.. whoever buys it is getting a great guitar, i dont know if its exactly worth that amount of money though..

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2006, 08:45:13 AM »
Quote from: BALDO
my bro in law bought Gabe's Gibson les paul.. 100k... siya ba yung maraming guitar collection as far as i can remember??

Si bob dimayuga???

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2006, 08:46:26 AM »
Quote from: jack in a vox
far out.. if you look at the price.. parang pag nsa pinas ka its such a big amount of money..

socal boys, how much ba ganyan sa US? a friend of mine sold his HB1 for $2700, i wanted to buy it but couldnt justify that amount of cash..

but yeah good luck to him nalang.. whoever buys it is getting a great guitar, i dont know if its exactly worth that amount of money though..

2.7k- halos brand new na yan.... usually used hb1 nasa 2k more less...

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2006, 10:57:20 AM »
Yeah. Tama si boss Farseer. Almost 2k and above used. Swerte lang ako nabili ko mura yong akin pero hindi hollow body.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2006, 11:41:31 AM »
Quote from: farseer
the guitar is a hollowbody I so spruce top w/ piezo....

sa unang tinging, medyo mataas nga ang ~$2.7K for an hb 1 spruce top.  but of course, you have to consider na supply and demand din yan eh.  since wala namang masyadong supply sa manila, kasama na sa presyo yung benefit na naandiyan na ang gitara.  if you find one sa ebay for mga $2K, tapos ipa-ship mo sa manila, baka ang total cost mo after shipping charges, taxes and duties (na depende sa mood ng customs natin), eh mataas pa sa $2.7K.  or kung bumiyahe ka mismo sa us para lang bumili ng gitara, eh di lalo tumaas ang total cost mo.

tagal na ako naghahanap ng prs hollowbody.  i found one na hb 2, artist package, with piezo... benta $2.4K.  sa loob-loob ko good na yun.  tinawaran ko ng $2.1K.  aba, ayaw na tuloy ako kausaping ng seller... hay naku, minsan hindi uubra yung pagiging ilokano ko dito sa america eh...  :lol:

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2006, 11:53:10 AM »
yun kay gabe kaya medyo mahal because it has braz board....

HbII medyo mas mahal talaga lalo na kung double 10top

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2006, 07:04:30 PM »
Quote from: farseer
yun kay gabe kaya medyo mahal because it has braz board....

HbII medyo mas mahal talaga lalo na kung double 10top

ah yan naman pala eh... braziiiii... pero minsan hindi ko alam kung mas maganda ba talaga ang brazilian like this:

or indian like this:

Offline Kulas

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2006, 07:46:12 PM »
sakin the best parin ang south african...

pero minsan maganda din ang ebony...

hehe.

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2006, 01:16:25 AM »
hindi si bob..pero DR siya.. katulad ko din..alang time mag guitar..pero mas masahol ako kasi kinolekta ko na lang guitars at KINAKALAWANG na lang palagi ang strings hehehe  :D
Music is art in sound...

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2006, 01:50:12 AM »
benta mo yun iba sa akin pag uwi mo ng pinas.... anung lp yun??? yun ba yun classic premoum plus