hulika

Author Topic: Tone is in the fingers...  (Read 7339 times)

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
Tone is in the fingers...
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2006, 08:34:14 AM »
great post sir...nasa kamay talaga ng musician ang ikakaganda ng tunog...kahit na bulok na gitara at amp pa yan...kung magaling ka mgaling ka talaga...lalo na kung maganda ang gamit mo...eh di lalo ka na gumaling nun..nasa puso din yan eh...kung tumutugtog ka para maging "pogi" lang...i dont think thats enough...one will need the heart and passion to play really "moving" and "heartfelt" music....di mo kelangan ng napakalupit na gamit...opinyon lang po... 8)  8)  8)
black moon creeping...

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2006, 08:59:26 AM »
That article by tone legend and luminary Santana hits the G spot! What can I say? It's all there :) thanks for the post, its awesome. :)

now guys, lets practice out facial expressions and climax when the solo climaxes!

hit that note! harder... harder... yeah!!! hahahahaha :p
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2006, 09:10:25 AM »
Quote from: deltaslim
pucha! tama pala si nathan all along... it's in the guitar face!  hehe...  :-)

i'd hate to say i told you so, but...

Offline tumorwarrior

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2006, 09:14:23 AM »
guitar face, yeah nathan is telling us the secret all along.... from know on, i'll practice playing guitar in front of the mirror  :lol:
FOR SALE: PSE MILLENNIUM V5 COMPOUND BOW <br />50lbs draw weight/ 27" draw legnth (+/-2")<br />complete with sight, center stab, dampers, carter triger, Easton X10 Arrows, bow case<br />40K lang san ka pa. Pm me for contact details

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2006, 10:14:27 AM »
Quote from: tumorwarrior
guitar face, yeah nathan is telling us the secret all along.... from know on, i'll practice playing guitar in front of the mirror  :lol:

its better if you dont and just let your face do what it wants to. you come up with the ugliest guitar faces when you dont know what you look like...

Offline tumorwarrior

• Veteran Member
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2006, 10:18:48 AM »
will follow your advice master :D do you have anything to say about the orgasm part  :lol:
FOR SALE: PSE MILLENNIUM V5 COMPOUND BOW <br />50lbs draw weight/ 27" draw legnth (+/-2")<br />complete with sight, center stab, dampers, carter triger, Easton X10 Arrows, bow case<br />40K lang san ka pa. Pm me for contact details

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2006, 01:12:19 AM »
deltaslim,

Can I ask this question? If the tone sucks, does that mean the guitar player sucked his fingers when he was a baby?  :lol:
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline tolits

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2006, 03:56:16 PM »
Sir Letour

May THE STRAT din ako, lake placid blue naman, la ka ba extra bridge nyan, yun akinkasi nilagyan nag floyd nung dating may ari, nirestore ko kaya lang vintage saddles and trem ang nilagay ko, baka mayron ke ser?

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2006, 04:06:25 PM »
Quote from: Letour
deltaslim,

Can I ask this question? If the tone sucks, does that mean the guitar player sucked his fingers when he was a baby?  :lol:

Either or he was breastfed till he was 6 years old.  Or maybe hindi siya binili ng GI Joe action figure.  :-)

Offline tumorwarrior

• Veteran Member
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2006, 04:12:20 PM »
but na lang nabilhan ako ng GI Joe hahahaha

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2006, 04:19:34 PM »
"... wat is dat ??!! .... oooohh, da ping-gur.... Nu, not da ping-gur.... Yes, da piiiiingggg-gurrrrrrrrr!!!! ...."

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2006, 03:06:03 PM »
A contrary thread here...

http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&topic_number=572476

refreshingly discussed without the "my guitar will blow your guitar away" attitude, without references to expensive personal gear... without the 'personal challenge'... without the angas.

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2006, 03:34:55 PM »
Ditto for the richiekotzen forum, very interesting remarks:

http://www.richiekotzen.com/scripts/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83

crashed and burned... this topic is international in scope. the folks in ibreathmusic dont wanna revive it either, and gun down (politely) any attempts at bringing the monster to life.

but it is always nice to know how we folks, in our cultural setting, approach this topic. and the level of social aggression our culture has compared to others! hahahahah! just joshin'... ;)

as for our threshold to withstand the pain... that's another story...
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn