hulika

Author Topic: Max Rufo Pickups Thread  (Read 65731 times)

Offline moying_only

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Max Rufo's Custom noiseless single coil pickups
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2010, 08:56:08 AM »
how much for a set anyway?

+1... peace!
real men play tele daw...

Offline perkish4

« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2010, 08:58:58 AM »
Mr. Chad Robles also tried it. Gumawa din siya ng review about the pickups. and i think its a positive review.

Offline juan_portnoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2010, 09:03:53 AM »
I feel a sudden need for angel burger..
We're all entitled to our own dementia.  :-P

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2010, 09:29:36 AM »
Not availabe yet, my friend. :-D

ok, keep me in the loop will ya?

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2010, 09:31:14 AM »
ok, keep me in the loop will ya?

No prob, chief! Have you ever tried Kinmans? JOKE!! :-D :-D :-D
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2010, 09:37:09 AM »
hahahahahaha!

Surf's Up!

Offline shkc

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2010, 10:40:14 AM »

napangiti ako sir hehe.

Anyway, mang max is still finishing at least 3types for different style of music and will apply for the patent of each.
But ung unang release daw for sale baka next month

Offline jhaystrat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2010, 10:55:30 AM »
may bass pups din si sir max db?

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2010, 11:00:46 AM »
May magagalit ba if it fails versus my standards?  If so, I throw the question to you, have you tried Kinmans?

Bakit gaano ba kataas standards mo sir?  

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2010, 11:04:54 AM »
may bass pups din si sir max db?

Yep yep! :-D
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline AhVia_Musicom

Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2010, 11:20:56 AM »
Kinmans are true singe coils yata.. there are dimarzios din na true single coils pero they claim to be hum canceling, like the HS single coils..

i'm sorry if i offended anyone in any way.. it was not my intention bro.. i was just curious on how truly noiseless his pickups are.. i admire Pinoy made stuff, i seriously do.. naaamaze ako tuwing may innovations ang mga pinoy, mpaga DIY pedal, guitar, or any other electronic stuff..

i've read nothing but good stuff about mang max, idol siya pagdating sa paggawa at pag-ayos ng gitara lalo na sa customer serivce.. hands down, thumbs up, ako sa kanya..

i'm just a person who likes to know stuff kaya gusto ko sana may basis of comparison din yung gawa niya.. kasi if it can kill other big-name brands pagdating sa pagiging noiseless at the same time staying true to a single coil, edi sobrang ayos nun..  :-)

peace.  :-)

wala yun rchino, d ako na offend or max for that matter may mga haters lang na nakakasakit na kay max

Offline jhaystrat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2010, 11:25:03 AM »
nice :D abangan ko mga updates dito. para sa Made In the Pinas :)

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2010, 11:34:37 AM »
Lets keep this thread on topic.

It's not about Kinman pickups. It's about Max Rufo's gear.

We all know where this would lead to if we feed someone's fix. He may have his opinions and we know where it's coming from. Let's read and forget about it.

For what it's worth, at least Frivers didn't ask anyone of us what gear we owned/tried in our lives.
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2010, 11:42:03 AM »
EDIT: After reading through the discussion in the other Mang Max thread, I say just talk about the pickups here instead. I wouldn't want to lock that thread after more than 190 pages of posts.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 11:47:26 AM by Poundcake »
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline raybrig

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2010, 11:53:32 AM »
I feel a sudden need for angel burger..

meron ako paps, half eaten...  :-P
zzzzzzz

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2010, 11:56:01 AM »
EDIT: After reading through the discussion in the other Mang Max thread, I say just talk about the pickups here instead. I wouldn't want to lock that thread after more than 190 pages of posts.

ayt.. thank you sir.  :-)

@ those who can visit mang max's place..
would it be too much to ask for a simple video demo of his creation? just to have an idea of what it can do..  :-)

it's really good to see fellow Pinoys progressing and innovating.. kudos to mang max!  :-)

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2010, 12:00:53 PM »
that's why i never mentioned the sound, rather, i said, basis of comparison how good Mang Max's pickups are or kung ano yung nagagawa talaga nila..

i would naturally think you were referring to the tone when you simply asked how "good" Mang Max's pickups are.  but point taken!  :-D
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2010, 12:03:19 PM »

Thanks for bringing this back. No need or reason to lock the first thread, anyway. Again, thank you.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2010, 12:05:56 PM »
i would naturally think you were referring to the tone when you simply asked how "good" Mang Max's pickups are.  but point taken!  :-D

ayt.. no worries.. we're cool..  :-)

I admire mang max's work.. kahit di pa ako nakakapunta sa kanila or di ko pa siya namimeet, i've just read more than enough good stuff about him and his character..

He might not be the best, but his down to earth character and customer satisfaction defines him more..  :-)

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2010, 12:07:11 PM »
ayt.. thank you sir.  :-)

@ those who can visit mang max's place..
would it be too much to ask for a simple video demo of his creation? just to have an idea of what it can do..  :-)

it's really good to see fellow Pinoys progressing and innovating.. kudos to mang max!  :-)

Right now, I don't think that's goin' to be proper. Let's just wait for the official launch and maybe then we can start shooting vids for demo purposes. There is still some work to be done and I don't think he'll allow it now. :-)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2010, 12:09:20 PM »
Right now, I don't think that's goin' to be proper. Let's just wait for the official launch and maybe then we can start shooting vids for demo purposes. There is still some work to be done and I don't think he'll allow it now. :-)

oh.. i see.. i understand.. ayt chief..  :-)

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2010, 12:09:26 PM »
purong single coil ba ito o stacked? nung sinubukan ko kasi tunog humbucker e. kung nasubukan niyo na yung P90 "humbuckers" ng DiMarzio, halos ganito tunog non. A little muffled during high gain applications.

Kung hanap niyo ay yung classic shimmery strat tone, di neto kaya yun sa palagay ko. I'm curious to see the winding and how it was made.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2010, 12:14:48 PM »
bro, i seriously don't believe one needs to have a basis of comparison to say a pickup sounds good.  if he was able to try it for metal and it fit, then it's good for metal.  if he tried it with dynamics and sounded good, then it's touch responsive.  it is entirely dependent on ze aural receptors and how he attacked the guitar.   :-D

I don't agree with this post. "Good" is relative. It's always a function of perception, taste and experience. What might sound good to you now won't sound as good anymore if you've already tried out other brands. Take my case for example, I used to be blown away by my Seymour Duncan SH-6 Distortion humbucker when I bought one and I used it as my standard of how a good high gain pickup should sound. After trying a Suhr DSH, it completely redefined my standards. Then came the Bareknuckle Nailbomb, etc.

Our ears can evaluate a piece of equipment as being "good enough" or not for any genre or application but our definition of what's really good will always change as we try more and more great sounding gear. Be open-minded, everyone.

@ Alex: Easy ka lang, dude. Marami na namang naiinis e. Alam mo naman...
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline masarapangtaho

• Philmusicus Addictus
Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2010, 12:16:33 PM »
It interests me to try them out.  Kaso, if its negative and I post it -- tatangapin niyo ba?  Thats whats stopping me from trying it out.

i just hope that when you do try them out, you keep an open mind and not tend to be biased just because it's local or whatever other factor that made you skeptical about it. :wink:

Offline AhVia_Musicom

« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2010, 01:31:27 PM »
purong single coil ba ito o stacked? nung sinubukan ko kasi tunog humbucker e. kung nasubukan niyo na yung P90 "humbuckers" ng DiMarzio, halos ganito tunog non. A little muffled during high gain applications.

Kung hanap niyo ay yung classic shimmery strat tone, di neto kaya yun sa palagay ko. I'm curious to see the winding and how it was made.

ako naman shimmery tone yung narinig ko hindi tunog bucker ewan ko lang i guess iba iba pa perception natin will try to take a vid when i give him a visit, btw which guitar did you try it with?

its not stacked design its true single coil saw one being made infront of me had fender noiseless and neovins before and both are stacked design even the RJ noiseless this one hindi, its on its early stage,  wala pa yung regular SC looking pickup na may mga slugs eto parang emg pero stainless yung cover,

probably alex you wouldnt like it, it might be a tad crude for your liking but if you wont mind how it looks and maybe maging open minded kalang ng konti pa not saying that your close minded  baka pwede it may not be the best but in due time and support probably he can hang in their with the best of them