hulika

Author Topic: Great tone isnt always's expensive ( video title ) share ko lang guys  (Read 57192 times)

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Great tone isnt always's expensive ( video title ) share ko lang guys
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2011, 02:08:27 PM »
^thanks for sharing,

well thats sad, all of them didn't get it right lols, and sayang punta mo sa 2 luthier since the original luthier was able to fix your problem. did you  visit them on their non-peak days? yun konti lang tao?
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline 7stringmachine

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2011, 02:53:16 PM »
kaya kay REY VARGAS na lang kayo magpa set up at fret dress haha :) sure na walang karumaldumal na mangyayare.

pero count. . . mejo nakakagulat ang ni reveal mo pare. make sure to back it up kase issue to.
Dang! someone just got schooled:)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2011, 03:14:56 PM »
@the Count

you went to three different guys? btw what guitar you have?

... and the result: Oh damn magaspang na fret na mala lata ng sardinas na binuksan ng kutsilyo...

and this is seriously funny!!, but i feel what you feel..especially when you're raking(bending) into those 'burred' out frets

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2011, 07:36:40 PM »
hmm, ive gone to elegee for a refret and it turns out real good..

jun castro for fret dress, it became shiny and real smooth..

been to GH for other stuff, nothing about frets so i cannot comment..

ILL BRING MY STRAT TO MICSIS SOON.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline spetsnaz1123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2011, 09:28:14 PM »
Okay peeps alam ko makakasakit ng onti tong message ko but I'm doing this to warn and at the same time to effect some changes.

I. I got my strat from GH for the ff works: thin skin nitro paint, and some fret dress... unfortunately may "minimal buzz" which I think i cannot tolerate. So I called GH and they suggested to bring it back for a warranty (of course free of charge)... now since alam ko na medyo matagal sa GH i tried to call Elegee and the man suggested a "fret dress and set up" so okay I went there... sabi ko gaano katagal sabi: hours lang daw :) so sabi ko go...

II. so yun pinagawa ko na guitar ko... then since afternoon na yun kinabukasan kona na claim... and the result: Oh damn magaspang na fret na mala lata ng sardinas na binuksan ng kutsilyo... mixed emotions ako nun and I dunno if I will say thanks or what? as I have to evaluate it sa house nalng after testing it... ang sobrang sablay talaga dahil "nawala yung magic" and parang kinaskas ng paper deliha (sand paper) yung frets... nawala yung chime and yung kintab...

III. so nahiya ako dalhin sa GH dahil sobrang mahahalata... so I called JUN CASTRO... all I can say is that Jun is really a sincere man with an oozing spirituality and an energetic persona... so I have it fret dressed again - the result was OK - makintab yung frets, makinis, and 70% of the "mojo" got back... kaso I noticed na hindi ata for "jumbo fret" yung crowning tool na ginamit nia (I could be wrong)... but it was ok....

IV. then I decided to call GH and meet the original master... sabi nia sa Phone: kuha ka ng papel and ilista mo lahat yung gusto mong mangyari : so eto sabi ko - :ultra low action without the buzz, and improvement on the fret...

V. so then while at GH... Arie explained a lot of things focusing on the variables of guitar like the "unknown stability of woods esp the neck which only time can predict" the uniqueness of guitar that each guitar has its own tone... and all the "possibilities that can be done sa guitar".... *which is limitless (if you like its tone then push through the mods)

VI. so then he suggested "compounding of radius" and straightening of the neck to allow very low action - he even warn me that at very low action some of the tones might be lost. sabi ko "sir okay lang basta enjoy ako sa pag play"

VII. so yun I got my gear "and ang masabi ko" malayo palang kita mona na "kumikinang yung frets"... then I did the final tweaking like "intonation and final set-up" (I think all should learn the very basic level regarding this)

PS:
BTW the contents of this post was the most Important regarding all of what happened - there are insignificant stuffs in between that I deliberately remove.

I feel you bro...I had a similar experience when I decided to have my entry level guitar upgraded, the result was not as I expected siguro dahil na rin sa nagmamadali ako...in general, sa palagay ko sa mga ganitong trabaho dapat realistic na time table ang ibigay nila sa cliente (kahit nagmamadali ang cliente) para maganda ang quality ng trabaho kasi konting dissatisfaction ng cliente apektado na agad ang reputation nila...tsaka i-treat all clients the same kilala, di kilala, experienced or in-experienced, kasi minsan kapag di kilala or newbie yung cliente parang "pwede na yan" attitude yung pinaiiral.

'one never fails until he quits trying'

Offline jamesplaysguitar

• Veteran Member
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2011, 12:54:09 AM »
It's a school of thought that, while many people would not be wrong if they subscribed to it, is no more valid than the other(s). After all, if that were the absolute truth, why does Steve Vai cling to a core set of guitars and amps, no? These schools of thought regarding tone sadly tend to be misguided to certain degrees, thanks in part to quotes from big name artists.

Ok sir. Thanks for the thought. Im not saying im correct or anything. Its just an opinion im trying to address because i believe in it and im not justifying its the absolute truth because its things are always different in every situation.Tone is not expensive. Tone is in the head and the thought is very general. If you don't have a good tone in your head and find in others good tone you feel frustrated and will believe that expensive gear is good tone. Because you have a piece of crap gear. Rather than concentrating on playing guitar and enjoying physically mentally, emotionally and spiritually. For what steve vai showed good tone is its not in the equipment its in your head. Its just in the sense that Steve Vai needs a big big amp for big hall concerts, sponsors/product promotions for ibanez and with all his gear that works good for him and most especially he got the money and he's in the U.S. He can't play a practice amp and a cheap o'l squier in front of thousands of fans in a big hall. because he is in a situation where he needs his big expensive gear because that works for him in that environment and he can buy stuff.

Other than this is the Philippines and budget is always an issue.For us local musicians this is a big issue. But this is a big problem because the information big foreign artists (which some or most of us are trying to imitate) fed us with this kind of perspective that good tone is expensive because of the expensive gear they have. But again that is the U.S, their currency and salaries are bigger than what we use to have in the end of the month, even a U.S college student can buy 2 stacks of marshalls and dozens of gibsons without any problems. But here struggling amateur to semi pro musicians have low budgets and have cheap squiers and imitations etc. If they are fed with the idea that when you have a 100,000 peso worth of guitar and amp ( which I'am exaggerating ) and your guitar hero's uses those expensive setups, you can have the best tone possible. That is a myth that we, some or most musicians suffer. That's why we keep selling our equipment because its low end cheap and we cant find a good tone with it and becomes frustrated in time when bills become a problem you cant buy gear anymore. The hunt for a good tone is a myth when the answer in dave's opinion is good tone is in the head. Steve vai showed that to dave to make him also realize something and tell the world about it. If you have a cheap guitar and a cheap amp then have fun playing with it and find your own tone i think that makes a guitar hero.

just my opinion and i have nothing against anyone just a freedom of speech actually and not a form of debate. If you disagree its ok. If you agree its also ok. If you don't reply its also ok  :-D and oh yeah i forgot i'm not much of a steve vai or dave weiner fan.  :-)
References:Monsceb,mondemonle,jgaluno,omegared15,r_chino18,bhaahchico,drew asuncion,obetski,ger02,balakubak,pitongjerome,riccaliolio,kurtcobainer,benjiemusic,dreadhead,bananagrahamskyflakes,lespaul888,redjaztin,tsunamic,caraboyman,Shkc,Vanhatred and more

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2011, 09:55:17 AM »
Ok sir. Thanks for the thought. Im not saying im correct or anything. Its just an opinion im trying to address because i believe in it and im not justifying its the absolute truth because its things are always different in every situation.Tone is not expensive. Tone is in the head and the thought is very general. If you don't have a good tone in your head and find in others good tone you feel frustrated and will believe that expensive gear is good tone. Because you have a piece of crap gear. Rather than concentrating on playing guitar and enjoying physically mentally, emotionally and spiritually. For what steve vai showed good tone is its not in the equipment its in your head. Its just in the sense that Steve Vai needs a big big amp for big hall concerts, sponsors/product promotions for ibanez and with all his gear that works good for him and most especially he got the money and he's in the U.S. He can't play a practice amp and a cheap o'l squier in front of thousands of fans in a big hall. because he is in a situation where he needs his big expensive gear because that works for him in that environment and he can buy stuff.

Other than this is the Philippines and budget is always an issue.For us local musicians this is a big issue. But this is a big problem because the information big foreign artists (which some or most of us are trying to imitate) fed us with this kind of perspective that good tone is expensive because of the expensive gear they have. But again that is the U.S, their currency and salaries are bigger than what we use to have in the end of the month, even a U.S college student can buy 2 stacks of marshalls and dozens of gibsons without any problems. But here struggling amateur to semi pro musicians have low budgets and have cheap squiers and imitations etc. If they are fed with the idea that when you have a 100,000 peso worth of guitar and amp ( which I'am exaggerating ) and your guitar hero's uses those expensive setups, you can have the best tone possible. That is a myth that we, some or most musicians suffer. That's why we keep selling our equipment because its low end cheap and we cant find a good tone with it and becomes frustrated in time when bills become a problem you cant buy gear anymore. The hunt for a good tone is a myth when the answer in dave's opinion is good tone is in the head. Steve vai showed that to dave to make him also realize something and tell the world about it. If you have a cheap guitar and a cheap amp then have fun playing with it and find your own tone i think that makes a guitar hero.

just my opinion and i have nothing against anyone just a freedom of speech actually and not a form of debate. If you disagree its ok. If you agree its also ok. If you don't reply its also ok  :-D and oh yeah i forgot i'm not much of a steve vai or dave weiner fan.  :-)

Just my opinion: It is true that tone is in the head but for that tone to get into your head, you have to HEAR IT FIRST.  Over the years, as I spent money on my boutique guitars, effects and amps -- the minimum standard gets into your head.  What I mean by this is that the bar on sound quality and character whether consciously or subconsciously has gone up for me.  As a result, ANY guitar equipment and I mean ANYTHING sold by Audiophile, Perfect Pitch, Lazer,RJ, etc. sounds horrible to me.  So how do I know this?  Simple they all sound so bad to what I have at home that it makes me want to run out of these stores. My Ears cannot stand how they sound.  After 5 minutes, there is fatigue in the ears.  By the way, for those people and musicians who really know, there is no spirituality unless you have an expressive guitar and good sounding equipment -- it just comes first prior to inspiration. Oh, Steve Vai has tons of guitars more expensive than his stage Ibanez guitars.  He also has practice amps that are more expensive than his stage amps so don't restrict Steve Vai to what you see him play on stage.

The only reason that Filipinos in general cannot afford good sounding equipment is because we cannot earn enough.  Period.  There is no conspiracy between the American artist and American equipment producing companies against the Filipinos -- they even promote more affordable equipment than boutique manufacturers.  Because you know why?  THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US.  In the same way that you don't care about what the ordinary American buys, they don't care about what we buy because we are a small market with limited buying/purchasing power.   In my opinion, to really get into the ballpark world class tone, you really need about P200-P300k spent on boutique amps, guitars, effects, cables, etc.  Anything lower is average.  What Steve Vai does not tell you is that he has tons of boutique equipment at home that he uses to get that tone in the head.  To quote a famous musician from the Steve Vai band, "I think Steve sounded better thru the Bogners than the Carvin's which just sound like [gooey brown stuff]."  Now, I don't know about you, but I guess band members of the Steve Vai band have better 'ears' than us and have actually been with Steve for some time to know what Steve sounds like into good sounding equipment and bad sounding equipment. As much as good tone is in the head, I hope that people don't abuse the phrase to justify their cheap bad sounding gear.  After all, if all you heard your life is bad sounding guitars and amps, I am afraid to hear whats in your head. To them, I quote the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland, "Off with their HEADS!".
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:09:17 AM by firemodel55 »

Offline constipation

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2011, 04:09:16 PM »
sample!, sample!, sample! sample,!

PLAY! PLAY! PLAY! PLAY! PLAY!

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2011, 04:47:53 PM »
Just my opinion: It is true that tone is in the head but for that tone to get into your head, you have to HEAR IT FIRST.  Over the years, as I spent money on my boutique guitars, effects and amps -- the minimum standard gets into your head.  What I mean by this is that the bar on sound quality and character whether consciously or subconsciously has gone up for me.  As a result, ANY guitar equipment and I mean ANYTHING sold by Audiophile, Perfect Pitch, Lazer,RJ, etc. sounds horrible to me.  So how do I know this?  Simple they all sound so bad to what I have at home that it makes me want to run out of these stores. My Ears cannot stand how they sound.  After 5 minutes, there is fatigue in the ears.  By the way, for those people and musicians who really know, there is no spirituality unless you have an expressive guitar and good sounding equipment -- it just comes first prior to inspiration. Oh, Steve Vai has tons of guitars more expensive than his stage Ibanez guitars.  He also has practice amps that are more expensive than his stage amps so don't restrict Steve Vai to what you see him play on stage.

The only reason that Filipinos in general cannot afford good sounding equipment is because we cannot earn enough.  Period.  There is no conspiracy between the American artist and American equipment producing companies against the Filipinos -- they even promote more affordable equipment than boutique manufacturers.  Because you know why?  THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US.  In the same way that you don't care about what the ordinary American buys, they don't care about what we buy because we are a small market with limited buying/purchasing power.   In my opinion, to really get into the ballpark world class tone, you really need about P200-P300k spent on boutique amps, guitars, effects, cables, etc.  Anything lower is average.  What Steve Vai does not tell you is that he has tons of boutique equipment at home that he uses to get that tone in the head.  To quote a famous musician from the Steve Vai band, "I think Steve sounded better thru the Bogners than the Carvin's which just sound like [gooey brown stuff]."  Now, I don't know about you, but I guess band members of the Steve Vai band have better 'ears' than us and have actually been with Steve for some time to know what Steve sounds like into good sounding equipment and bad sounding equipment. As much as good tone is in the head, I hope that people don't abuse the phrase to justify their cheap bad sounding gear.  After all, if all you heard your life is bad sounding guitars and amps, I am afraid to hear whats in your head. To them, I quote the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland, "Off with their HEADS!".

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2011, 06:50:33 PM »
Okay peeps alam ko makakasakit ng onti tong message ko but I'm doing this to warn and at the same time to effect some changes.

I. I got my strat from GH for the ff works: thin skin nitro paint, and some fret dress... unfortunately may "minimal buzz" which I think i cannot tolerate. So I called GH and they suggested to bring it back for a warranty (of course free of charge)... now since alam ko na medyo matagal sa GH i tried to call Elegee and the man suggested a "fret dress and set up" so okay I went there... sabi ko gaano katagal sabi: hours lang daw :) so sabi ko go...

II. so yun pinagawa ko na guitar ko... then since afternoon na yun kinabukasan kona na claim... and the result: Oh damn magaspang na fret na mala lata ng sardinas na binuksan ng kutsilyo... mixed emotions ako nun and I dunno if I will say thanks or what? as I have to evaluate it sa house nalng after testing it... ang sobrang sablay talaga dahil "nawala yung magic" and parang kinaskas ng paper deliha (sand paper) yung frets... nawala yung chime and yung kintab...

III. so nahiya ako dalhin sa GH dahil sobrang mahahalata... so I called JUN CASTRO... all I can say is that Jun is really a sincere man with an oozing spirituality and an energetic persona... so I have it fret dressed again - the result was OK - makintab yung frets, makinis, and 70% of the "mojo" got back... kaso I noticed na hindi ata for "jumbo fret" yung crowning tool na ginamit nia (I could be wrong)... but it was ok....

IV. then I decided to call GH and meet the original master... sabi nia sa Phone: kuha ka ng papel and ilista mo lahat yung gusto mong mangyari : so eto sabi ko - :ultra low action without the buzz, and improvement on the fret...

V. so then while at GH... Arie explained a lot of things focusing on the variables of guitar like the "unknown stability of woods esp the neck which only time can predict" the uniqueness of guitar that each guitar has its own tone... and all the "possibilities that can be done sa guitar".... *which is limitless (if you like its tone then push through the mods)

VI. so then he suggested "compounding of radius" and straightening of the neck to allow very low action - he even warn me that at very low action some of the tones might be lost. sabi ko "sir okay lang basta enjoy ako sa pag play"

VII. so yun I got my gear "and ang masabi ko" malayo palang kita mona na "kumikinang yung frets"... then I did the final tweaking like "intonation and final set-up" (I think all should learn the very basic level regarding this)

PS:
BTW the contents of this post was the most Important regarding all of what happened - there are insignificant stuffs in between that I deliberately remove.

aruykupo.. sakit sa ulo nga niyan :x

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2011, 08:08:11 PM »
aruykupo.. sakit sa ulo nga niyan :x

i can't understand why mr jon would show those frets to the customer.. while we all know he can do a lot better than that..

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2011, 11:16:45 PM »

PS:
Jun has files for vintage, medium and jumbo frets. I help him acquire these tools from time to time. I have a possible theory why the crowning might be small for your taste, but I won't bother you with it.

It's good to know that your ordeal came full circle. Mukhang maraming nasayang na oras at pera, but I gather it had been an enriching learning experience for you. Something to think about, though... would the discussion that ensued between you and Arie in parts IV, V and VI of your story (which led to your happy ending) been possible without your utter disappointment in part II and rather lukewarm satisfaction in item III?
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline hmn8

« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2011, 11:35:29 PM »

Just my opinion too: The "magic", spirituality or whatever you want to call it comes from the player not the gear, never was and never will be. Those people who REALLY know and have the experience/ skills to back it up not just some hack who think they know knows this is for a fact. Having better than average gear makes life easier, that's a fact but If a person gathers his inspiration from gear itself then he is just fooling himself because there is always something better. GAS is nothing but a false assumption that this or that gear will elevate your playing, maybe ignite a spark of inspiration. That may happen but like all things generated by material things, it is only temporary so you lust over the next latest and greatest thinking the same thing. On another note: the stores you mentioned in the Phil are businesses who cater to a market with a price bracket. They don't want to carry top end equipment since they know mabubulok lang yon as display. Besides, if you ask those people who work there I'm sure they'd tell you that they've heard people with gear more expensive than their salaries combined but after they play for less than 5 mins, they have fatigue in their ears.

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2011, 12:00:02 AM »

just my opinion and i have nothing against anyone just a freedom of speech actually and not a form of debate. If you disagree its ok. If you agree its also ok. If you don't reply its also ok  :-D and oh yeah i forgot i'm not much of a steve vai or dave weiner fan.  :-)
Ayan... nakadale tuloy si oas.  :lol:

Forgive me if I have to dissect your post a bit. May kahabaan kasi... On second thought, never mind. I thought about it, and I'll only end up with an even longer and more complicated post. Wag na lang... tatamarin ka lang basahin. More importantly, ayokong magmukhang sinegundahan ko si Alex. Hehe.

I'll just say that I accept your explanation, even though there are things I'd like to straighten out.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline 7stringmachine

« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2011, 12:07:45 AM »
sample!, sample!, sample! sample,!

PLAY! PLAY! PLAY! PLAY! PLAY!

Hahaha tugtug na lang tayo mga kapatid :)) mahirap ang puro satsat lamang hahahahaha. sample sample sample!

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hahahahahaha KRIEENGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
Dang! someone just got schooled:)

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2011, 12:13:45 AM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

puro tone tone tone tone..... tugtugan na!  :lol:

Offline jamesplaysguitar

• Veteran Member
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2011, 12:46:31 AM »
Ayan... nakadale tuloy si oas.  :lol:

Forgive me if I have to dissect your post a bit. May kahabaan kasi... On second thought, never mind. I thought about it, and I'll only end up with an even longer and more complicated post. Wag na lang... tatamarin ka lang basahin. More importantly, ayokong magmukhang sinegundahan ko si Alex. Hehe.

I'll just say that I accept your explanation, even though there are things I'd like to straighten out.

haha ok sir thanks im open to any suggestions or even a critic naman, i'm not great of a guitar player or a rich person to say my comment is better than anyone. Nope i dont think so. I accepted your comment naman sir though i forgot to say it. Anyway its just an opinion. If you like to straight it out its ok sir. For the benefit of the readers or to those curious ones. Even a summary i suppose will help para di na mahaba. Thanks  :-)
References:Monsceb,mondemonle,jgaluno,omegared15,r_chino18,bhaahchico,drew asuncion,obetski,ger02,balakubak,pitongjerome,riccaliolio,kurtcobainer,benjiemusic,dreadhead,bananagrahamskyflakes,lespaul888,redjaztin,tsunamic,caraboyman,Shkc,Vanhatred and more

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2011, 08:33:38 AM »
Just my opinion too: The "magic", spirituality or whatever you want to call it comes from the player not the gear, never was and never will be. Those people who REALLY know and have the experience/ skills to back it up not just some hack who think they know knows this is for a fact. Having better than average gear makes life easier, that's a fact but If a person gathers his inspiration from gear itself then he is just fooling himself because there is always something better. GAS is nothing but a false assumption that this or that gear will elevate your playing, maybe ignite a spark of inspiration.

(Talaga? Bakit ka pa nag gitara? Dapat pala nag drums ka na lang.  MAGICAL gear goes beyond making life easier... it becomes a part of the person.  Unfortunately, in my opinion, I don't think you have played or heard MAGICAL gear.)

That may happen but like all things generated by material things, it is only temporary so you lust over the next latest and greatest thinking the same thing. On another note: the stores you mentioned in the Phil are businesses who cater to a market with a price bracket. They don't want to carry top end equipment since they know mabubulok lang yon as display. Besides, if you ask those people who work there I'm sure they'd tell you that they've heard people with gear more expensive than their salaries combined but after they play for less than 5 mins, they have fatigue in their ears.

(In my opinion, I do NOT think that the 'people who work there' know what good sounding equipment is or else they would just have quit from having to demo all the lousy sounding gear in those stores.  I really don't know of people with expensive gear who bring those to stores because most of the sales people in the stores don't know jack about equipment other than those being sold by the store... And for them, they are so biased that they start to think its the best sounding gear just because they are selling it.)

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2011, 12:09:04 PM »
can anyone describe magical tone? i wanna know..

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2011, 07:20:05 PM »
can anyone describe magical tone? i wanna know..

Don't worry too much about it. It's a very subjective thing anyway. I wouldn't know what magical tone was if it slapped me in the face. ;-)

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2011, 08:25:35 PM »
Peter Green said his guitar is no "magic stick"
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2011, 09:08:12 PM »

Actually, that guitar -to me- IS the closest thing to a magical guitar... but PG is a magical player so maybe I can make it sound like a turd. :-)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2011, 09:16:51 PM »

well peter green isnt the biking type

lol jk

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2011, 10:09:16 PM »
Actually, that guitar -to me- IS the closest thing to a magical guitar... but PG is a magical player so maybe I can make it sound like a turd. :-)

With its history and the music it produced, I'll have to agree at some level. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts :-)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 10:25:36 PM by free2rock »
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2011, 12:06:18 AM »
Don't worry too much about it. It's a very subjective thing anyway. I wouldn't know what magical tone was if it slapped me in the face. ;-)

the point i was thinking too.. anyway back to watching mode..