hulika

Author Topic: Razorback's Origin...and on-going saga!  (Read 88677 times)

Offline xheldon

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Razorback's Origin...and on-going saga!
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2006, 01:23:52 AM »
Quote from: blues2death
uy xheldon!

balita?nga pala...matagal nang defunct ang kalye.... :lol:

ganun ba??
with all these stories, feels like yesterday.....

kelan tayo kita ulit?
ingats!

we can jam again sum rasorbex songs..

still in my quest to jam with the boars!
migs and dave down, 3 to go.
missed out when triso was here.

hmmm, bat di na lang kaya dalhin dito ang banda, for a reunion..
wishful thinking

Offline DyaniBee

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2006, 05:42:50 AM »
Hey Miguel... Remember Eunice?  :wink:  :lol:
Imagine a world without bass...

Offline ortigas

« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2006, 11:40:06 AM »
Quote from: DyaniBee

Hey Dyanni...did BB put you up to this? To dig out the dirty-dirt?  8)  :lol:

Offline ortigas

« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2006, 11:41:48 AM »
Quote from: drumster
Thanks to Razorback for all the memories, and for inspiring rockers like me.  8)

Salamat, Anthony! Keep on keepin' on.  :wink:

Offline DyaniBee

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2006, 11:59:17 AM »
Quote from: ortigas

No naman!  :shock: Just thought you may at least find it amusing that someone actually remembers that crazy chick.  I'd get into it but figured you should be the one so you can (ahem) choose details as you may.  :wink:

Offline ortigas

« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2006, 12:18:58 PM »

No naman!  :shock: Just thought you may at least find it amusing that someone actually remembers that crazy chick.  I'd get into it but figured you should be the one so you can (ahem) choose details as you may.  :wink:

You said it man...that was one crazy chick! You know, her name wasn't even Eunice. That was what she used to call the doll she used to carry around in her purse. She would flash the doll in your face and say, "Say hello to Eunice." "Kiss Eunice." Whattafreak! Introduced to the band by the good old Dino B. What the f**k was he thingking?!?!

She once jumped into our group of friends standing in a nice pass d' duchie circle and threw her drink dead center on my chest shouting, "You f**king me!" I wanted to kill her pero babae sya, kaya 'di ko pinatay. So I yell at her, "Go to hell!", to which she responds, "Hell you also!" Ayuz!  :lol:

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2006, 01:00:34 PM »
See?  I had absolutely nothing to do with the dirty-dirt. You guys gave it up voluntarilty and of your own free will.  :wink:

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2006, 01:26:09 PM »
Having said that, her comment reminds me of Apa interviewing a BB. Pilipinas finalist in the question and answer portion:

Apa: If you were to lose one of your five senses -- sight, smell, hearing, taste, or touch -- which one would it be and why?

Finalist: My eye.

Apa (visibly shocked): Oh really? Can you tell us why?

Finalist (looking particularly pa-cute): Ummm..... because I have a beautiful eye.

Wow labo. (One eye?????!!!!)  :lol:  :lol:

Offline DyaniBee

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2006, 03:20:18 PM »
Speaking of Dino B., I met him again a couple of years back at the LTO on Shaw boulevard when I was getting my old motorcycle registered.  He was working as one of the stencil guys, sort of an official "fixer."  He remembered me as soon as he saw me and proceeded to bend my ear about the good ol' days.  He's still as friendly (and a bit scary looking) as anyone remembers.  And who could forget him, everyone's favorite roadie-slash-bouncer, who worked with Razorback, Wolfgang and a few other mentionables?  He does miss the old days and told me he'd love to work at that again.

If any of y'all are ever at the LTO on Shaw Boulevard near Hopia (Jose Rizal College... I mean that in the most affectionate way possible as I spent a summer there and made really good [if a bit strange] friends), give a hello to ol' Dino for me.  Can't miss him... Heavyset, dark skinned, curly hair and a warm smile.   :)

Offline ortigas

« Reply #159 on: September 19, 2006, 03:31:35 PM »
Speaking of Dino B., I met him again a couple of years back at the...

Hey Dyanni...he goes back and forth to Saudi. Works there on a contractual basis from what I know. Tirso and the boys would know better.

Dino and company were also Barangay Tanod's in their area in Mandaluyong. Bombi was Kabataang Barangay captain at one point.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2006, 04:54:01 PM »
hey guys, huge Razorback fan here! grabe di na ako nakatrabaho sa kakabasa ng buong thread hehe, you've all had a lot of experiences and i'm pretty sure that you've had a blast going through all of them. ang unang-unang pangtest ko lagi ng overdrive pedal sa music stores eh "Payaso" or "Giyang" hehe major influence ang music ng Razorback sa playing style ko :)

i got to watch Razorback in '99 at Gotham and Jekyll and Hyde in Manila. i used to drink a lot back then, but i've enjoyed every single second of watching you guys play :) naalala ko pa dati, first time ko nakakita ng guitar slide na ginamit with dirty/distorted tone.. si Tirso yun! pero the best pa rin yung "YOUTHSTOCK" gig ninyo sa Ayala Alabang, nagwala lahat ng tao when Razorback started to play and ang gulo nung moshpit sa harap hehe sumama ata ako dun, di ko na maalala. ang nangyari lang nga was after Razorback's set, the people were all tired kaya wala nang masyadong nagrock-out when the final band, Wolfgang, was up and ready to play :? :?
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline dizzychix76

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #161 on: September 19, 2006, 05:53:41 PM »
Speaking of Dino B., I met him again a couple of years back at the...

Hey Dyanni...he goes back and forth to Saudi. Works there on a contractual basis from what I know. Tirso and the boys would know better.

Dino and company were also Barangay Tanod's in their area in Mandaluyong. Bombi was Kabataang Barangay captain at one point.

Oh yeah...that's right.  Bombi was in the barangay.  Ironic but strangely poetic.  What was the name of that guy who always hung around him?
"It's not PMS, maybe I just don't like you"

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #162 on: September 19, 2006, 06:01:22 PM »
Okay yan Razorback prang Jackyl :)
You won't get what you expect, You get what you deserve

Offline ortigas

« Reply #163 on: September 19, 2006, 06:40:26 PM »
Quote from: dizzychix76

Oh yeah...that's right.  Bombi was in the barangay.  Ironic but strangely poetic.  What was the name of that guy who always hung around him?

Do you mean Jox?  :P

Offline jopetaraneta

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2006, 01:47:27 AM »
Grabe ang haba na ng thread. This is nice, the good old Kalye dayze memories! I remember the 1st time I met you guys through my brother and Dino. They would sneak me into Kalye cause they needed a ride going there and after the gig everybody else would ride inside the car and would stop over at Migs' place in Greenhills to drink some more. Paano kaya nagkakasiya ang 10 tao sa station wagon? Basta lasing walang pakialam makarating lang sa paroroonan :lol: Dami nating pinuntahan niyon. I also remembered going to Pasay at the Bosch compound, playing the bongos, everybody was soooo stoned.

Memories!

See you soon Miguel!

Offline ortigas

« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2006, 09:42:28 PM »
Quote from: TheEdge

Pare naman...mas matanda ang Razorback sa Jackyl. Baligtarin mo. Jackyl, parang Razorback!  :wink:

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2006, 11:25:03 PM »
Quote from: TheEdge

Pare naman...mas matanda ang Razorback sa Jackyl. Baligtarin mo. Jackyl, parang Razorback!  :wink:

LoL cge na nga, joke lang tinitignan ko lang reaction nung makakabasa :)

Razorback kick azZ!!!!
You won't get what you expect, You get what you deserve

Offline jeyvi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2006, 02:16:25 AM »
i have a cassette of jackyl... and they kick ass... more like an ACDC with more overdrive on the guitars! coz its les pauls!

but the boars kick much more ass!!! alam mo na razorback!!! wala ng iba!

heard a rumor that tirso has a Jackyl sticker on one of his guitar hardcases... dunnoe if thats true though...

:twisted:
check out my band KONTRA
www.kontra.ph

Offline Tirso

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2006, 04:17:51 PM »
Quote from: jeyvi

heard a rumor that tirso has a Jackyl sticker on one of his guitar hardcases... dunnoe if thats true though...

That's a rumour. Actually the guy from Jackol...er....Jackyl has a Rzrbk sticker on his hardcase.
Rock n' Roll damnation... take a chance, while you still got the choice..

Offline ortigas

« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2006, 08:10:23 PM »
Quote from: Tirso
Quote from: jeyvi

That's a rumour. Actually the guy from Jackol...er....Jackyl has a Rzrbk sticker on his hardcase.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: +1

Offline dizzychix76

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2006, 11:07:57 PM »

Do you mean Jox?  :P

Yeah!!  That's him!  I saw Bombi once in some mall...shang yata.  He works in some store.

Offline dizzychix76

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2006, 11:12:14 PM »
Quote from: jopetaraneta
Grabe ang haba na ng thread. This is nice, the good old Kalye dayze memories! I remember the 1st time I met you guys through my brother and Dino. They would sneak me into Kalye cause they needed a ride going there and after the gig everybody else would ride inside the car and would stop over at Migs' place in Greenhills to drink some more. Paano kaya nagkakasiya ang 10 tao sa station wagon? Basta lasing walang pakialam makarating lang sa paroroonan :lol: Dami nating pinuntahan niyon. I also remembered going to Pasay at the Bosch compound, playing the bongos, everybody was soooo stoned.

Memories!

See you soon Miguel!

Memories talaga...EVERYONE ended up in Pasay.  Which was a good thing coz i always made it home.  Though there was this one time everyone just disappeared and left me in Kalye with no one else but Boy Moro...on the same night that Jay (drummer) crashed Moroski's bike.  I was ready to cab it but he wouldn't let me and we ended up crashing in pasay road just outside that disco, of all places.  I still am grateful that Tirso drove by and forced Boy to just get in the car and he drove us home.  Haaay.  Sober ako ulit nun

Offline Tirso

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #172 on: September 23, 2006, 10:21:06 AM »
[
Memories talaga...EVERYONE ended up in Pasay.  Which was a good thing coz i always made it home.  Though there was this one time everyone just disappeared and left me in Kalye with no one else but Boy Moro...on the same night that Jay (drummer) crashed Moroski's bike.  I was ready to cab it but he wouldn't let me and we ended up crashing in pasay road just outside that disco, of all places.  I still am grateful that Tirso drove by and forced Boy to just get in the car and he drove us home.  Haaay.  Sober ako ulit nun

I remember that! I'm still amazed that I was able to convince Boy to leave the bike and get in the car. Crazy.......

Offline Tirso

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #173 on: September 23, 2006, 10:22:17 AM »
We made up some stickers before. Posters as well. I still have some. It's not a bad idea though......

Offline ortigas

« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2006, 12:21:54 PM »
Kwento naman tunkol sa Bon Jovi!

I'll start....

We got the call again from Renen de Guia of Top 40 t-shirts to open for Bon Jovi naman. 2 nights! Yahoo! We were once again so excited to hit the arena scene and didn't really care if it was Bon Jovi.  :lol: Hehe. We got the slot and were paired to do it with The Breed who were just as excited to do it too.

I already mentioned that little story about when Tico came out to check out the scene. That was absolutely precious! Louie Talan is [grape]!!! ...and I mean that with love. Hahaha!

During Bon Jovi's set on the 2nd night, Jolly V, the magician, was taking the drinks from the coolers back stage and he would run out into the audience and offer them to the cute girls who were squished in among the crowd, tight as sardines. He would say "Coke for a kiss!", and the guy got tons of kisses from girls who he didn't know. Rock and Roll and loose morals....aahhhhh...

Back to the first night, we, Razorback, were playing our short set and it was so overwhelming to be there in front of more people than the Metallica gig. This was at the Rizal Baseball stadium and that place is huge! Most of those folks only got to see and hear about 7 songs from Bon Jovi since it was storming and there was fear of getting electrocuted on stage so they cut the set short with apologies but to no avail. The crowds started rioting!!! What a mess that turned into. Good thing Bob was there to take care of the stage and the equipment.

During our opening set we did about 4 songs. Confession time: during our rendition of "War Pigs" by Black Sabbath, which by that time I had played hundreds of times, I stopped playing too early at the ending jam!!! F*ck! All the guys turned to face me, still strumming away, and I had just stopped playing thinking I was at the end of the song! Shet! Hehehehe. Not good. Buti nalang there was a second night pa which we flawlessly did.  :roll:

Kwento pa dyan, Tirso!  :twisted: