hulika

Author Topic: Skyrim?  (Read 64419 times)

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
Re: Skyrim?
« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2012, 03:43:21 AM »

i just finished the Dark Brotherhood quest line... the ending is pretty 'meh' ... although there's some really freaky scene involving you and the "night mother" ... im sure it will give kids nightmares lol

here's my posse of destruction lol

and ive been wanting to get a good finishing move screenshot... sadly, this is the best i have:

any of you guys have finishing move screenshots against a dragon? ... it used to happen to me in the earlier levels, about 3x

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2012, 04:00:52 AM »
Good stuff IncX. :D

Sayang lang hindi na ako nakakalaro nito.

hope you'd get a copy soon bro.. its really worth it, you have stories to tell after each gaming session, hehe

-*-

highlights of my game today were:

1.) picking up the "ancient assassin armor" and falling into the middle of a forsworn camp! now, forsworn camps are like little towns, except everyone is hostile, and you will be facing 7-10 guys coming at you in different directions. first thing i did was Storm Call'd everyone, and when the fighting was done, my Jzargo was dead lol so i had to reload.

this time it involved a lot of running (this was in expert mode, and one power swing from a Briar is game over) ... life saver was the "Become Etheral" shout, it allowed you to pick a place with the least hostiles, and you can summon your posse. best summon to use here was again, the Dremora since he attracts aggro... the thing is, he died a lot, so by the end of the battle, my staff was almost depleted. it wasnt good summoning Arnel's Shade since he doesnt attract any aggro at all... same with Call of Valor. the heroes have spells like Flee in their attacks and it just makes everything confusing, not to mention, i am shoutless for the duration of the cool down, meaning, i am dead when a Briar finds and corners me - which happened

2.) battle with an ancient dragon. for some reason, this dragon always aims his fire blast at me... and at expert mode, it can kill really really fast (for the first time, i started using my stock of extreme healing potions, and i chugged about 10). it took quite awhile and A LOT of reloads, but i eventually killed the dragon. Best summon here was Arnel's Shade. he can tank the dragon, not to mention he attracts a lot of aggro with his mix of range and melee attacks.

Offline tops_in_saucers

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2012, 04:12:09 AM »
@ IncX

Are you a sneak type?
\"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.\"

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2012, 04:16:07 AM »
X2M Coffee Moment: Did want You

New Manila Sound

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2012, 09:09:17 AM »
just discovered a bug: Falmer Helmets stack with Dragon Priest masks .... i found out because i was collecting Falmer armor and i gave it to my companion... when i checked his inventory he was equiping the falmer helmet, yet i see him wearing the Dragon Priest mask too.

Bug nga, kasi sa cowls lang nagi-stack yung dragon priest mask at ganyan behavior din yung nangyayari.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2012, 09:39:50 AM »
@ IncX

Are you a sneak type?

supposedly, yes... hehehe... but i have a lot of perk points on "one-handed" as well.

sneak really is overpowered, cause the difficulty setting does not make the AI smarter, it only gives it more health and damage.

-*-

here's a pic of my guy with the "Falmer Helm Bug" ...

Offline bryansurvive

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2012, 09:57:21 AM »
the thing where guards always try to arrest you?

bah I despise that quest.. I never really intended to do that but hey, they threw me in the mine.

What I did was I joined the Stormcloaks. (spoiler)
The Stormcloaks (w/ your help as a stormcloak) would capture all the major towns around Skyrim including Markarth. Resulting with the guards being Stormcloak soldiers.

PS. I wonder why the Forsworn around Skyrim still attacks me? Right after helping their leader escape Markarth.. I'm confused.
=======================

Hahaha, I exploited the sneak levelling bug w/ the greybeards. 100 na sneak ko!

got to lvl 16 - 25 in less than 30 mins!

now i'm focusing on defeating alduin. kaadik!

Yep, experienced it. If you're in a PC, just use the console, click on the guard, and type "paycrimegold". Para sakin hindi to cheat, kasi magbabayad ka rin naman ng bounty mo. After that, the guards won't be "Hey, i know you?!!!" on you anymore. hehe

Mga sir salamat. I'm focusing muna sa Thieves guild quest medyo exciting eh  :).

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2012, 10:09:19 AM »
Aha! May group of Skyrim addicts pala dito. Hahaha. This game has practically consumed all of my free time during the holidays. Haha.

Wood elf/archery + two-handed (greatsword)/restoration/speech/lockpicking/sneak here. I'm only at level 23, though.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2012, 10:37:19 AM »
Aha! May group of Skyrim addicts pala dito. Hahaha. This game has practically consumed all of my free time during the holidays. Haha.

Wood elf/archery + two-handed (greatsword)/restoration/speech/lockpicking/sneak here. I'm only at level 23, though.

Same build tayo sir! Haha!

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2012, 10:46:13 AM »
I just did the Red Eagle quest for the second time while doing the Sword of Dismay quest.  I picked up another relic that reopened the Read Eagle quest.

New Manila Sound

Offline tops_in_saucers

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2012, 11:37:14 AM »
I find the lockpicking perks useless because of the unbreakable lockpick.  :wink:
\"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.\"

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #186 on: January 12, 2012, 01:34:14 PM »
I just did the Red Eagle quest for the second time while doing the Sword of Dismay quest.  I picked up another relic that reopened the Read Eagle quest.

that happened to me too... the rewards for that quest suck, hehe.

-*-

agreed @ tops

pero, i find that perk useless because my skyrim wife sells lockpicks and right now, i have 300 lockpicks lol ... i pick all the master locks i can! haha

coming from Diablo 2 and Borderlands, i always pick up everything i see and sell them... even if it takes me 3 trips! lol that explains my hoarding. i also currently have 50,000 gold... i wanna get the 100K achievement before i start buying houses.

till now, i live in a ran down shack in Whiterun with nothing in it, haha... no furniture, nothing! hahaha... and i only have 1 chest where i probably have 5,000 items inside... including a Wedding gown and Emperor robes lol

« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 01:49:40 PM by IncX »

Offline boybangs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #187 on: January 12, 2012, 03:02:52 PM »
Hirap tumira ng bow lalo pag nagalaw kalaban. Hehe. Any tips?

Mayron ba hotkeys para sa pots?
Google is your friend.

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2012, 04:11:30 PM »

Di ko pa na-try 'to pero baka pwede mo i-bind sa favorites yung pots mo tapos i-assign mo ng hotkey from 1-9.

Offline gunlak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2012, 04:27:42 PM »
ay may hotkey pala sa skyrim? hahaha try ko nga paguwi
CLICK TO see baกิิิิิิat boys FB page!!!also check out my other band Skylines Forget

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #190 on: January 12, 2012, 06:17:39 PM »
ay may hotkey pala sa skyrim? hahaha try ko nga paguwi

Yup. I use them to switch from two-handed sword to bow.

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2012, 10:52:44 PM »
our

Aim your crosshair a bit farther to the direction where your opponent is moving. Kung mejo malayo, aim a bit lower than your target, like on top of your crosshair. :) Hope that helps. ganyan lang technique ko with my archery. Ewan ko lang kung mas mataas yung archery level mo.

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2012, 02:56:13 AM »
the only problem i have with Skyrim Hotkeys is that there is no way to specifically assign weapons or spells on your right hand. its pretty buggy ... here is an example.

1 = Bow
2 =Sword
3 = dagger
4 = spell

assuming i wanna start with Bow, i press 1, and i get bow...

assuming i wanna switch to one hand weapon, i press 2 and i get sword on my left hand and whatever default spell, weapon, staff i last used on my right hand.

now, if i wanna dual wield and i press 2 for sword and 3 for dagger, there's the problem.  my right hand NEVER switches... when pressing 3 i end up with left hand dagger and right hand, whatever spell or weapon i last used.

HOWEVER, if i press 4  two times, my left and right hand ends up switching to spells. in relation to this bug, if you have a weapon thats grouped under the same name, pressing it twice will get you to Dual Wield! ... however, if you enchant or improve them thru smithing, they won't be grouped under the same name and you wont be able to dual wield them anymore... and oh, avoid giving the same to your enchanted items, cause one of them will disappear after a few weapon switches

the problem with the hotkey is that it does not favor dual wielding ... so instead, what i do is that i NEVER switch out my right hand... in that way, its always Sword on my right ... unless it gets mess up when i accidentally press a One-Hand Weapon and Spell combination.

-*-

potions and Dragon Shouts/Powers are problem free. try not to depend on potions though, they are not as common, unless you visit vendors often ... one trip can usually get you 2-3 potions on average.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:00:48 AM by IncX »

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2012, 03:03:43 AM »

counter strike style ... aim them on where you think they will be. its not as easy though, since you still have to hold the button for more than 1 second so you'd get a good range out of your bow

Offline gunlak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #194 on: January 14, 2012, 12:14:25 AM »
well, I finished the quest where you'll get the oghma infinium...

then the inevitable happened.. I did the bookshelf bug.. and now i'm 81 with 100 all skills. from lvl 29 ah.

dibale natapos ko rin naman main quest, binawi ko nalang sa difficulty. naka expert, may challenge parin kahit papano kasi di pa tapos set ko.. and sobrang dami paring side quests.  :-D

and where the hell can I get daedra hearts?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 12:18:57 AM by gunlak »
CLICK TO see baกิิิิิิat boys FB page!!!also check out my other band Skylines Forget

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #195 on: January 14, 2012, 02:06:47 AM »
well, I finished the quest where you'll get the oghma infinium...

then the inevitable happened.. I did the bookshelf bug.. and now i'm 81 with 100 all skills. from lvl 29 ah.

dibale natapos ko rin naman main quest, binawi ko nalang sa difficulty. naka expert, may challenge parin kahit papano kasi di pa tapos set ko.. and sobrang dami paring side quests.  :-D

and where the hell can I get daedra hearts?

Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon, 4 daedra hearts every 7 days. Just kill the daedra first. then loot it.

PS: Be sure to finish assembling the mehrunes dagger first. :)

_

I have a little problem, yung mga items na nakukuha/forge ko, eh malalaki na ang value, eh ang liliit ng pera ng merchants, pag benta ko, luge pa ko. Does this mean na kelangan ko lagyan yung speech perk?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 10:30:16 AM by ierofan »

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #196 on: January 14, 2012, 03:31:24 PM »
I've finished the Companions quest.  Any of you guys experienced the Farkas glitch?  The guy won't stop talking, saying "I'd rather not stand here talking all day."

I was only able to counter it by getting Lydia to follow me after the first job.  But before that, it got so annoying I quit Skyrim.

Even with Lydia following in the preceding jobs, he keeps babbling nonsense every time I'm at the Companion's keep.  And when he follows, I couldn't initiate a Fast Travel.

Kinda reminds me of something here which keeps babbling even when it's being ignored.

New Manila Sound

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #197 on: January 17, 2012, 09:06:45 AM »
i replaced my follower J'zargo with Mjoll the Lioness because i got curious .... and wow, shes a lot more effective at killing things. i also like the part that she doesn't charge head on when i am sneaking and instead uses a bow to snipe too.

incidentally, if you give her a bow and 1 daedric arrow, shes gonna end up with infinite daedric arrows, and you can collect them on the stuff she shoots.

-*-

i have yet to start the companions quest... i still am side tracked from a lot of side quests, hehe... i am doing the Thieves Guild quests really slow.

i currently have 88,000 gold... 12,000 more for the 100,000 gold achievement!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 09:08:50 AM by IncX »

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #198 on: January 17, 2012, 11:23:15 AM »
i replaced my follower J'zargo with Mjoll the Lioness because i got curious .... and wow, shes a lot more effective at killing things. i also like the part that she doesn't charge head on when i am sneaking and instead uses a bow to snipe too.

incidentally, if you give her a bow and 1 daedric arrow, shes gonna end up with infinite daedric arrows, and you can collect them on the stuff she shoots.

-*-

i have yet to start the companions quest... i still am side tracked from a lot of side quests, hehe... i am doing the Thieves Guild quests really slow.

i currently have 88,000 gold... 12,000 more for the 100,000 gold achievement!

I've finished two Daedric quests:  The Black Star, and that one where you beat a guy in a cage.

I'm L38 with 30,000 gold.  Like you I sold everything I can get my hands on (the weapons and jewels mainly), though it's a bit tedious since traders have a buying limit.

New Manila Sound

Offline gunlak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #199 on: January 17, 2012, 02:25:16 PM »
parang nagsisisi tuloy ako na ginawa ko yung lvl 81 glitch.

hanapin ko nalang yung save file ko before I did the glitch.. medyo nawala na yung challenge kahit Expert sa paglaban dahil wala na magicka requirement spells ko eh.  :-D