hulika

Author Topic: MP3 SoundClips Suck and Why They Shouldn't be used as basis for Selection  (Read 29199 times)

Offline sargento

• Veteran Member
Re: MP3 SoundClips Suck and Why They Shouldn't be used as basis for Selection
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2013, 09:13:46 AM »
meron, yung Asia America Gateway, direct yun.
correct. connecting South-East Asia with the USA mainland

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2013, 09:20:58 AM »
Jeff is right, about 5 or 6 years ago there was an earthquake that disrupted call center operations here in the Philippines because the fiber optic lines were damaged.

What I recall is that the physical cable terminates somewhere in Asia and is connected via satellite to the U.S. Mainland.

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #177 on: January 31, 2013, 09:27:35 AM »
Don't think I have not been playing despite my chemotherapy schedule. I have even been quiet the last two months.

You missed the point of that quote. It means put more time in playing. And besides, it wasn't directed to you. It was a remark for everybody

Doing your best may not be enough. You have to do better. And I don't see that while I see the majority keep on recycling newer versions of crap equipment every year.  If you take music seriously better learn to afford and raise your standards beyond mp3.

I think that is a very insensitive remark.

I don't have enough time to waste to watch every band. I have already suggested here more than once to watch the Blue Ratts every Thursday night at Mandarin Oriental. Yet no one here has testified to have watched them and patuloy pa rin sour hra ing Laban sa mas magagandang equipment.

I never suggested you watch every band. You can watch gigs once a month, in random, if you like. My point is, I think you're not connected enough to the scene. You seem to get stuck to you fave band.

Alright, I'll check out the Blue Rats at The Mandarin. I'm sure I've seen them play somewhere else before.
Surf's Up!

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2013, 10:08:32 AM »
Don't think I have not been playing despite my chemotherapy schedule. I have even been quiet the last two months.

Doing your best may not be enough. You have to do better. And I don't see that while I see the majority keep on recycling newer versions of crap equipment every year.  If you take music seriously better learn to afford and raise your standards beyond mp3.

I don't have enough time to waste to watch every band. I have already suggested here more than once to watch the Blue Ratts every Thursday night at Mandarin Oriental. Yet no one here has testified to have watched them and patuloy pa rin sour hra ing Laban sa mas magagandang equipment.

Alex, tinalo mo pa rules sa pusoy... Good, Better, Best....... Pag nilagay ko sa ulo ang BETTER at tinalo ko sa ulo ang BEST mababaril ako ng mga kalaro ko!!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 10:19:50 AM by stringman »
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2013, 11:00:56 AM »
Alex, tinalo mo pa rules sa pusoy... Good, Better, Best....... Pag nilagay ko sa ulo ang BETTER at tinalo ko sa ulo ang BEST mababaril ako ng mga kalaro ko!!

^^This!! mejo naguluhan din ako sa statement na yun,,napa

nalang ako eh!  :?
AMMK!!!

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2013, 11:05:11 AM »
basta dinig ko yung gusto ko madinig  :razz:

Pag hindi ko nadinig at kulang... Peke  :lol:

Offline IncX

« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2013, 11:09:59 AM »
If you take music seriously better form a band and start playing live!

fixed!

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2013, 11:11:06 AM »
What I recall is that the physical cable terminates somewhere in Asia and is connected via satellite to the U.S. Mainland.

no satellites there. they'll lose out on bandwidth and speed. and hiyaw. you wouldn't want that, do you.

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2013, 11:13:04 AM »
basta dinig ko yung gusto ko madinig  :razz:

Pag hindi ko nadinig at kulang... Peke  :lol:

at the end of da day,,kung ano ang gustu ng tenga mo at ano ang nagagwa mo sa gamit mo at napapasaya mo sarili mo at target audience mo yun na,,diba?! :D

kaya napapa

nalang ako lagi eh! pag may nababasa akong ganito!  :wave:
AMMK!!!

Offline DiMarzSiao™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2013, 11:16:54 AM »

I did my best but... at the end of the day..., I guess my best wasn't better enough...

← ʍɐʎıɥ

Offline IncX

« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2013, 11:21:06 AM »

I did my best but... at the end of the day..., I guess my best wasn't better enough...

kokey phone home! hahaha

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2013, 11:25:19 AM »

sounds wrong lang! bwahhahaha

pero "The mp3 audio surely sucked in this video!" seriously!

AMMK!!!

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2013, 12:05:43 PM »

no satellites there. they'll lose out on bandwidth and speed. and hiyaw. you wouldn't want that, do you.

i see! meron pa pala submarine lines in use  :)

...it seems that we all can't afford what sir firemodel#55 has in terms of equipment, but we make the best of what we have, to the best of our abilities of course, ewan na lang how 'best' spells out for others.

i'd love to hear the coveted tone that sir firemodel#55 speaks of so highly  :)
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2013, 12:10:10 PM »
i see! meron pa pala submarine lines in use  :)

...it seems that we all can't afford what sir firemodel#55 has in terms of equipment, but we make the best of what we have, to the best of our abilities of course, ewan na lang how 'best' spells out for others.

i'd love to hear the coveted tone that sir firemodel#55 speaks of so highly  :)

check the vid above i posted! thats him! :D
AMMK!!!

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #190 on: January 31, 2013, 12:12:01 PM »
You missed the point of that quote. It means put more time in playing. And besides, it wasn't directed to you. It was a remark for everybody (I am putting more time into playing. That was my point.)

I think that is a very insensitive remark. (If you expect me to pay for your music, don't just give me a substandard mp3 file.)

I never suggested you watch every band. You can watch gigs once a month, in random, if you like. My point is, I think you're not connected enough to the scene. You seem to get stuck to you fave band. (It's not just because they are my favorite band. I feel they set the STANDARD. It's you who are not connected enough to even check out their standard.)

Alright, I'll check out the Blue Rats at The Mandarin. I'm sure I've seen them play somewhere else before.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2013, 12:14:17 PM »

It's called STRETCHING or BENCHMARKING which is the opposite of pwede na iyan.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2013, 12:27:30 PM »
fixed!

Qualified: I agree that's important but not the only necessary requirement. Ang daming Banda dito na Hindi seryoso at Karamihan walang talent at pilit Lang.

Offline superbuni123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2013, 12:42:11 PM »
Qualified: I agree that's important but not the only necessary requirement. Ang daming Banda dito na Hindi seryoso at Karamihan walang talent at pilit Lang.

May banda ka po ba? Ano pong banda ang hindi seryoso, walang talent and pilit lang? May A to E classification din ba sila ayon sa opinion mo?
Learning to be a man without losing the boy in me...

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2013, 12:57:33 PM »

If you stretch it too much it becomes bacon brief! How can "better" over power "best"? C'mon Alex you're stretching your statements too much to a point it defies logic.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2013, 01:17:59 PM »
If you stretch it too much it becomes bacon brief! How can "better" over power "best"? C'mon Alex you're stretching your statements too much to a point it defies logic.

i think what he's talking about is doing better than your best.. i think it's a great motivation speech.. :-P
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2013, 01:53:44 PM »
check the vid above i posted! thats him! :D

hehe ganon ba sir! macheck nga mamaya. from how i read it (and i've been lurking philmusic for quite some years) on previous posts, i would swear it has supernatural
tone and powers.  8-)
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2013, 02:13:24 PM »
I am putting more time into playing. That was my point.

That is great!

If you expect me to pay for your music, don't just give me a substandard mp3 file.

If you watch me live, you'll definitely not be paying for mp3 playback. I don't know of any band who does that, save for those DJ stuff maybe? And when you do see my band play live, I'm sure you won't bother listening to me. I'm a bass player. Not your cup of tea.

It's not just because they are my favorite band. I feel they set the STANDARD. It's you who are not connected enough to even check out their standard.

I really don't get that but FWIW, I think I saw them play at the Hard Rock Cafe. Paid 500 bucks to get in. Joey Puyat plays for them right?

You know what? Your attempts to educate the people is really cool. I appreciate that. I just find you very impatient and insensitive. You assume that everyone is complacent and is not concerned about how they sound. You are overgeneralizing. You see the tons of stuff being sold in the classified? Here's my interpretation of that:

1. They bought something they thought is already good sounding
2. They realize there's something better
3. They sell it to someone who may find some use for their stuff
4. They buy what they think is the better stuff

Isn't that an attempt at sounding better?? It will be a continuous cycle until they get satisfied (if that happens at all). Throughout the process

There are probably a bunch of other reasons why people sell their stuff, but that's my take on it.

You want everyone to take the shortcut and assume that they can match your spending power and when they can't, you just put them down rather than helping them find out how else they can extract every iota of potential from what they can afford. We just have to be realistic man. I can afford a Gil Yaron LP replica, but that'll be stretching it. I don't find that logical at all. I have to settle for something of a lesser degree, whatever degree less than what you think is the standard, until I can confidently spend the money on something better, if I find one. The reason for that is, I have to use something now so I can be productive at creating music. If I wait for the right time, the right gear, with the right budget, that'll be wasted time I could have used for my craft. Therefore, I need to buy something I can afford now, be contented with it and maximize it's full potential while saving for something better. I'm sure most, if not all, feels the same.
Surf's Up!

Offline paul_sigua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »

So, best= pwede na iyan?

I'd say giving your best IS stretching.

Better> Best does not make any sense.

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2013, 02:36:19 PM »
So, best= pwede na iyan?

I'd say giving your best IS stretching.

Better> Best does not make any sense.

but then again. if you're best is constant ever since you start playing guitar, then you're not really improving at playing at all. i say doing better than your best makes sense.

though phone over mp3s don't make sense to me.. :eek:
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.