hulika

Author Topic: Boutique Pedal Review: Matchless Hot Box -- Not for the financially challenged  (Read 74448 times)

Offline bunyok23

im pretty sure you'll never get satified with whatever you have when it comes to gear...everything changes in due time. some improves some dont...

Offline toybitz

OT

sayang yun mga dolyares na pumapasok sa bansa.  si Pacman dun pa sa Tate bumibili ng Benz...$3M and more na sana Pinas na lang nakinabang.

ehem...si Alex din ganun, naglalabas ang dolyar.

ehem ulit....alam ko, alam ko. wala akong pakialam sa pera ninyo kaya SORRY.

pero nakakalungkot pa din.
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Boutique Pedal Review: Matchless Hot Box -- Not for the financially challeng
« Reply #202 on: December 04, 2006, 02:11:36 AM »
i don't see why anyone should let Alex get under their skin.

Twenty years from now, who'll people remember? The good players or the spoiled li'l rich kids?

ayus! actually the term ayus comes from AYa YUSon.....hehehe
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Boutique Pedal Review: Matchless Hot Box -- Not for the financially challeng
« Reply #203 on: December 04, 2006, 02:26:00 AM »
OT

sayang yun mga dolyares na pumapasok sa bansa.  si Pacman dun pa sa Tate bumibili ng Benz...$3M and more na sana Pinas na lang nakinabang.

ehem...si Alex din ganun, naglalabas ang dolyar.

ehem ulit....alam ko, alam ko. wala akong pakialam sa pera ninyo kaya SORRY.

pero nakakalungkot pa din.

hey bro, i send money to the wife and kids...so may dolyares na pumapasok kahit papano. :-D
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline orangedreg_2

• Veteran Member
ser.. 96 ako...

Ayos, nagpang-abot pala tayo. E di naabutan mo ung HomeBoiz at Minor Threat dun? :-D
Ika nga ni Mr De Luna noon "Kayong mga HUMBOYS ah!!" :-D

yes ser... kasali ka ba dun?
gear:
Standard standfan (all stock)
Nokia 3210 (modified blue backlight) Monoblock chair (all stock) Kyowa oventoaster Meque DVD Player (all original)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #205 on: December 04, 2006, 07:46:35 AM »
Deltaslim,

So whats your guess?  You are keeping us in suspense...  Wow, for a guy who spends US$4,000 on tubes, its so difficult for you to be specific.  Thats what I call true boutique behaviour.  Do you still have a tube amp with you today?  If not, just give me your US$4,000 worth of tubes because I just realized I have close to 100 tube sockets to fill up. 

Yeah if you end up with the Klon Centaur, I hope you own it up today.  The Centaur was ABed against my modded TS9 and it just did not make the grade based on my ears.  I really really wanted it to blow my TS9 out of the water but it did not.  Darn... I had the chance to buy it but I felt the mid-hump was just was not nice sounding and it could not beat the punch of the modded TS9.

Still, why aren't you using an RJ guitar today if you are so impressed with RJ?  Dont try skirting the issue.  You know what I think?  You are afraid to say on this forum that you do not think it is Good Enough for you for various reasons because you want to be politically correct. 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... 

As one forumite described it, you are a "circular argumentor"... I wish you use your 'golden ears' to improve your listening instead.  O kaya mag-vitamins ka para mawala yang "selective memory" mo.

:-D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #206 on: December 04, 2006, 08:03:40 AM »
Deltaslim,

I never said that there can only be one.   I did qualify for what the Matchless does it does best but tomorrow can be another thing... I am not discounting Damage Control , Valve Boy and I am still waiting for Effectrode.  Para sa iyo, there can be none.  Kung ganoon lang pare bakit ka pa nagpopost ng wisdom mo dito sa gear?  After all, kanya kanya iyan para sa iyo -- if you cannot put your conviction behind gear, dont attack my conviction on what I think sounds good kasi again as you said KANYA KANYA iyan.  By the way, please notice that I do not attack your threads or your reviews anymore and I only counter post this way because I think mali ka on this review and I have conviction behind that kasi HINDI MO NARINIG ang Hot Box na naka-Brimar 12at7. 

Aah, that famous pair of 'golden ears' of yours is failing you again... Or maybe it's really your comprehension skills.  I'm not talking about "one" pedal; I'm talking about "one opinion" -- ie, yours.  You don't know how to 'agree to disagree' kasi eh, that's why.

I never attacked your conviction about your gear (reread my earlier posts). I only offered my own opinion about the same exact piece of gear since I'm sure very few people were able or will be able to try it out and I have.  You are the one who attacked my opinion with all sorts of claims and challenges to my knowledge and my person, remember?  If you can put a caveat like "not for the financially challenged", why can't someone else say "not for people who like Fender blackface clean tone?" as a caveat for potential buyers?

Gimme a break... every time someone offers a dissenting opinion you instantly question the knowledge or even the capacity of the person to try with a silly challenge like "Well, you weren't here in my bedroom to test it yourself through my all-bowteek tone chain using your own fingers!"

Since you keep asking me if I have tubes and tube amps, let me throw back the challenge at you.  Come to my house and try my tubes and tube amp and let's see if you sound like yourself, better or worse through my setup.  Or try mo yung Vox Tonelab SE if it indeed sounds as bad as you say modellers are.  That should be in the spirit of your typical challenge -- you have to try it yourself to be "in a position" to assess di ba sabi mo?

What say you?  Kung sasagot ka lang ng wala na naman sa contexto, never mind. I'm wasting my time. I already got PMs/txts from people I respect that the best way to treat you is IGNORE you.  Kaso, as Al says, where's the fun in that?   :-D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 01:37:38 PM by deltaslim »

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
ser.. 96 ako...

Ayos, nagpang-abot pala tayo. E di naabutan mo ung HomeBoiz at Minor Threat dun? :-D
Ika nga ni Mr De Luna noon "Kayong mga HUMBOYS ah!!" :-D

yes ser... kasali ka ba dun?

Ah nde, goodboy ako nun, pero mga kaklase ko mga yan. Nakakatwa nga sila nun, puro kalokohan. :-D
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #209 on: December 04, 2006, 09:56:40 AM »
ang tindi ni pareng Joric.. bluesman nga sya pero kung makipag-away, METAL! hupaw huhupaw! :lol:

ahehehe! Oo nga, atapang-atao! :-D

Yan ang schoolmate!
"Manalo, matalo, Bugbog kayo!" - Notre DAme vs. PCHS '92 NMMAA Basketball Championship :-D

Uy kmusta Mike! Pre, nung batch namin, mga taga-Kalookan High karambulan namin!  Rakenrol!!

Aba, astig!
Although kalaban pa rin ng Notre ang Kalookan high nun time namin, pero nde na masyado. Parang andami na kasi nila masyado e. :-P
Nung batch namin naalala ko, meron ding rambulan with other schools pero madalas puro pangungulit at kalokohan na lang sa campus..Mga practical jokes, grabe!  :-D
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #210 on: December 04, 2006, 10:06:20 AM »
ang tindi ni pareng Joric.. bluesman nga sya pero kung makipag-away, METAL! hupaw huhupaw! :lol:

Yan ang schoolmate!
"Manalo, matalo, Bugbog kayo!" - Notre DAme vs. PCHS '92 NMMAA Basketball Championship :-D

Uy kmusta Mike! Pre, nung batch namin, mga taga-Kalookan High karambulan namin!  Rakenrol!!

Aba, astig!
Although kalaban pa rin ng Notre ang Kalookan high nun time namin, pero nde na masyado. Parang andami na kasi nila masyado e. :-P
Nung batch namin naalala ko, meron ding rambulan with other schools pero madalas puro pangungulit at kalokohan na lang sa campus..Mga practical jokes, grabe!  :-D

Nung time namin kasi madalas kami "bisitahin" ng mga Kalookan High. May mga inaabangan sila sa gate. Pag labas or habang umiinom ng sago-gulaman sa tapat, bigla nilang binabanatan. Tapang nila para gawin yun pero kuyug sila sa amin.  Hinahabol na namin sila hanggang 10th ave.  After a while, di na bumalik.  Of course, di naman kami stupido para mang harang sa gate nila.  Eh di patay na sana kami ngayon!

Offline orangedreg_2

• Veteran Member
« Reply #211 on: December 04, 2006, 10:17:38 AM »

Yan ang schoolmate!

Aba, astig!

Nung time namin kasi madalas kami "bisitahin" ng mga Kalookan High. May mga inaabangan sila sa gate. Pag labas or habang umiinom ng sago-gulaman sa tapat, bigla nilang binabanatan. Tapang nila para gawin yun pero kuyug sila sa amin.  Hinahabol na namin sila hanggang 10th ave.  After a while, di na bumalik.  Of course, di naman kami stupido para mang harang sa gate nila.  Eh di patay na sana kami ngayon!

wow.. parang war stories ser.. sa front gate ba yan o sa back? naaalala nyo pa ba si mang nato?
gear:
Standard standfan (all stock)
Nokia 3210 (modified blue backlight) Monoblock chair (all stock) Kyowa oventoaster Meque DVD Player (all original)

Offline edmund

• Philmusicus Addictus
curious lang ako hindi kaya puro gamit lang usapan dito wala naman tlagang magaling tumugtog???

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #213 on: December 04, 2006, 10:41:49 AM »
curious lang ako hindi kaya puro gamit lang usapan dito wala naman tlagang magaling tumugtog???

edmund, ako magaling...hehehe...yeah right :roll:

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #214 on: December 04, 2006, 10:42:41 AM »
  The Centaur was ABed against my modded TS9 and it just did not make the grade based on my ears.  I really really wanted it to blow my TS9 out of the water but it did not.  Darn... I had the chance to buy it but I felt the mid-hump was just was not nice sounding and it could not beat the punch of the modded TS9.

Well...at least I'm at peace with this issue. A modded TS9's price tag is nowhere near the price of a Klon Centaur. I rest my case.

BAMF out !

Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #215 on: December 04, 2006, 10:53:35 AM »
Oloc,

I know quite a number of people who take me seriously and that just shows you don't know a lot.

Just quoting a personal insult. Just in case he says that he doesn't put down anyone.
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline micr0chimp

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #216 on: December 04, 2006, 10:57:41 AM »
BAMFpedals!!! go, fafa!  :-D

everything is everything, everything is nothing.

christmas cheer!

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #217 on: December 04, 2006, 11:01:14 AM »
Al,

Problem with you is that you don't know when to believe or when to be entertained...

Another insulting message.
Dean of a law school

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
Letour,

I dont think those are insults, rather retorts to sarcastic remarks which they first started...

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
BAMF,

What case was that?  Please state thesis in full detail...

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #220 on: December 04, 2006, 12:57:28 PM »
remarks, retorts...sarcasm, no need to be technical.

tugtugan na lang sana ang basehan...hindi wether youve owned this, owned that...

dude, if you're makin a sincere review as a service for other people planning a certain purchase...sincere ba makin a review about something that's not for the financially challenged? how many people would find it useful kung hanggang pangarap lang sa karamihan.

this is a music website that's directed at the pinoy musician.most of whom, dont even own their own amps for gigs.much less afford $300-400 worth na stompbox.

how useful is a review na katulad ng sa iyo.

informative? can you do it with less 'intriguing' posts? nagkaroon ka ng madaming kaaway tuloy...what kind of service is that?

dude, the only reason why i apologize the last time was because i stooped down to your level. want you to know how it feels to be insulted. you didnt even apologize for insulting my musicianship and lack of hit songs  :lol:

pero sabihin ko uli. i would listen kung credible talaga ang reviewer...meaning

the reviewer not only owns a particular piece of equipment...but can play...play, play.. more than having extensive experience with equipment through purchasing them...it's more of the extensive experience, playing them.

sino ang papaniwalaan mo? ung nakakatugtog ng "statesboro blues"? or ung nag popower chord lang and a couple of licks.

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #221 on: December 04, 2006, 12:57:42 PM »
Letour,

I dont think those are insults, rather retorts to sarcastic remarks which they first started...

Yeah, yeah. As if your messages didn't insult when first read.

Dean of a law school

Offline toybitz

« Reply #222 on: December 04, 2006, 01:02:13 PM »
Letour,

Yeah, yeah. As if your messages didn't insult when first read.

you don't even have to read the posts to get insulted...title pa lang paltos na
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #223 on: December 04, 2006, 01:04:38 PM »
sino ang papaniwalaan mo? ung nakakatugtog ng "statesboro blues"? or ung nag popower chord lang and a couple of licks.

(*Is this one of those "if you catch my drift" thingies?*)

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #224 on: December 04, 2006, 01:10:18 PM »
 :? what was that??? :?

geezzz.... sorry dude, I'll stop here. It really is pointless...

I never learn do I?  :-D
Surf's Up!