hulika

Author Topic: The Elegee Custom Shop...Past to Present...  (Read 64739 times)

Offline mugen

Re: The Elegee Custom Shop...Past to Present...
« Reply #200 on: March 21, 2007, 12:11:32 PM »
-all in all,a beautifull luxury guitar.1 of its kind. :-D

Sir tanong ko lang paano ba magiging LUXURY ang isang gitara?

Offline gitaristang_pusa

« Reply #201 on: March 21, 2007, 01:41:04 PM »
i dunno... maybe spend 20+ grand on the inlays alone, a guitar wit russian diamonds on the abalone inlays... the logo on the headstock is 98% silver with with russian diamonds... i think its pretty luxurious. :)
be the lion, not the sheep.

Offline silentspring

• Veteran Member
« Reply #202 on: March 21, 2007, 09:14:21 PM »
Galing ng Elegee!  :-)
Anyone know the specs of the guitar?  :?

Specs,let`s start with the hardware...
-Planet waves auto trim tuning machines 3x3
-Pure silver trust rod cover and logo
-Crome Brass nut
-Stewmac Golden age pickups,humbucker neck and bridge
-3-way togle switch,1 master vol w/ coil tap push/pull switch and 1 master tone
-Schaller speedloader fixed bridge
-5pc neck w/ flamed maple and ebony.Ebony fretboard with custom inlays
-7pc body,swamp ash,maple and ebony again with custom inlays
-22 jumbo frets

EGAD!!!! droooooooool......  :-o

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #203 on: March 23, 2007, 04:58:44 PM »

Sir tanong ko lang paano ba magiging LUXURY ang isang gitara?

maraming bling yung guitar nya,mga abalone,pure silver,jeweilry mga ganun ba pati yung price.
\"My philosophy is: if the product is right, the price is right and you treat your customers the way you want to be treated, the word-of-mouth is faster than <br />the speed of sound!\"<br />(Words from Bill Lawrence)

Offline guitar_noob

• Netizen Level
« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2007, 12:36:12 PM »
how much mag pa-lagay ng vines inlays sa fret board, a`la Ibanez Jem? balak ko kasi magpa-lagay din ng vines sa fret board ko, ..
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 12:56:33 PM by guitar_noob »
Classifieds: Musicians
You can buy or sell your bandmates here

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2007, 10:43:54 PM »
how much mag pa-lagay ng vines inlays sa fret board, a`la Ibanez Jem? balak ko kasi magpa-lagay din ng vines sa fret board ko, ..

Call Jon at 716-6665 and ask him for quotes.only he can answer inquiries`cause he`s the masterbuilder.hehe.Tnx Peace :-D
\"My philosophy is: if the product is right, the price is right and you treat your customers the way you want to be treated, the word-of-mouth is faster than <br />the speed of sound!\"<br />(Words from Bill Lawrence)

Offline bindoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #206 on: March 30, 2007, 04:45:57 PM »
hmmm...makadaan nga dito...
ROCK WITH GOD!!!

ROMANS 1:16 DI PALALAMPASIN Mtvon Youtube: CLICK here>>> Di Palalampasin

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #207 on: March 31, 2007, 04:51:47 PM »
hmmm...makadaan nga dito...

Ayos yan sir,tawagan nyo sya pra mas ok yung pgpunta nyo,yung tipong expected nya kau. :-D

jacopastorius

« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2008, 12:26:59 PM »
may lrt 2 sa d jose station dba?

Offline paparoni

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2008, 02:50:48 PM »
may lrt 2 sa d jose station dba?

recto terminal station un  :-D

Offline tweenty-seven

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #210 on: July 08, 2008, 09:05:30 PM »
aww.. wala na yung ibang pix.. hindi lamalabas sakin... baka deleted na...
numeroh_unoh, mondemonle, deathbymistake, iandomld, shodawmoon, pentagramX, gitardy, vincejezzrell, bossingboss, crypt, haxo55, luk3, xboughtbybloodx, bimbo, gunslinger13, lisza12,marshidalgo, pinkybrief, onji, palmuteboi, dime001, master_jeremiah

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #211 on: July 09, 2008, 06:13:49 AM »

Proudly pinoy! :wink:

Now who says Pinoy luthiers can't compete w/ other luthiers abroad?

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #212 on: July 09, 2008, 08:20:02 AM »
Lateralis,

I do and I can prove it.

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #213 on: July 09, 2008, 08:23:01 AM »
Lateralis,

I do and I can prove it.

Oh really?

I don't care anyway. I'd rather promote local luthiers.

Offline tweenty-seven

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #214 on: July 09, 2008, 08:58:27 AM »
gusto ko na tuloy maka graduate ng makapag pagawa na din ako!!  :-D
numeroh_unoh, mondemonle, deathbymistake, iandomld, shodawmoon, pentagramX, gitardy, vincejezzrell, bossingboss, crypt, haxo55, luk3, xboughtbybloodx, bimbo, gunslinger13, lisza12,marshidalgo, pinkybrief, onji, palmuteboi, dime001, master_jeremiah

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #215 on: July 09, 2008, 09:25:32 AM »
Oh really? YEAH REALLY.

I don't care anyway. I'd rather promote local luthiers. OK SO LETS PUT IT INTO CONTEXT.  THE BEST PHILIPPINE LUTHIERS CANNOT MATCH THE BEST AMERICAN AND EUROPEAN LUTHIERS.

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #216 on: July 09, 2008, 09:38:38 AM »
Lateralis, I like Jon, love some of the work hes done for atz but he's still a little new compared to the more seasoned players.

Here's a nut that Jon did for a friend of mine. It's not the best nut job ive ever seen. Tuning was very unstable and the raduis of the strings at rest were way off vs the fretboard. Notice how all the strings go in too deep into the nut. Also notice how the nut is angled instead of flat to support smoother string pul (this is how les pauls have to be because of the awkward headstock and angled direction of string pull after the nut, specially the G string)

This is what it should have looked like:

Please don't get me wrong, im not bashing Jon, like I said hes done some good things, he's just not up there yet (but its IMHO which isnt the law).

Edit Add: I also wanna point out that showing some faults in his work is not a bad thing, I really hope I'm not embarrassing him but am only showing these things so that people become aware of what to look for in a guitar. If no one knew that his nut fabrication and installation was wrong, he'd never get it right.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 01:53:00 PM by vhunter »

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #217 on: July 09, 2008, 09:44:34 AM »

Like I said I don't care. If you favor the Western & European luthiers more, fine. Keep that to yourself. Don't turn this into another local versus foreign luthiers thread.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #218 on: July 09, 2008, 09:49:53 AM »
Like I said I don't care. If you favor the Western & European luthiers more, fine. Keep that to yourself. Don't turn this into another local versus foreign luthiers thread.

STOP TRYING TO CENSURE ME BECAUSE I ONLY COME OUT WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR OUTRAGEOUS CLAIMS WITHOUT BASIS. YOU ARE NOT THE MTRCB...

Offline tagagapo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #219 on: July 09, 2008, 09:54:20 AM »
Yeah firemodel55 might be right all famous guitar company has guitar engineers and they pay high money for those kind of people who studied everything from ground to up. not sure about it but i hope they do cause if they don't then its not worth what we pay for.

This is no different with cars, every curb of a car has its purpose. Simple logic if you look at FedEx Logo you will see what i mean :) The FedEx Logo kick butt.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 10:03:08 AM by tagagapo »
Uncle Sam kiss my ass!!!

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #220 on: July 09, 2008, 09:54:54 AM »
STOP TRYING TO CENSURE ME BECAUSE I ONLY COME OUT WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR OUTRAGEOUS CLAIMS WITHOUT BASIS. YOU ARE NOT THE MTRCB...

Neither are you, Alex.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #221 on: July 09, 2008, 09:57:24 AM »
Proudly pinoy! :wink:

Now who says Pinoy luthiers can't compete w/ other luthiers abroad?
Pretty bold statement.  This really gets people riled up you know.
Oh really? YEAH REALLY.

I don't care anyway. I'd rather promote local luthiers. OK SO LETS PUT IT INTO CONTEXT.  THE BEST PHILIPPINE LUTHIERS CANNOT MATCH THE BEST AMERICAN AND EUROPEAN LUTHIERS.
So what you're saying is (I hope I get it right), our best couldn't match their best? 

What about our best luthiers VS American and European production models?  I'm sure we have something good going on in that context.

Peace guys.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #222 on: July 09, 2008, 10:00:52 AM »

What about our best luthiers VS American and European production models?  I'm sure we have something good going on in that context.

Peace guys.

I think now youve got a ballgame ;). I'm not sure vs american, but definately Id prefer Jon over Korean  and of course china. US, mexico, japan, mahirap parin. Magaling talaga sila eh.

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #223 on: July 09, 2008, 10:02:48 AM »
I think now youve got a ballgame ;). I'm not sure vs american, but definately Id prefer Jon over Korean  and of course china. US, mexico, japan, mahirap parin. Magaling talaga sila eh.
Then that's all I need to know, if I'm having one custom made.   :-)
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #224 on: July 09, 2008, 10:03:17 AM »
Lateralis, I like Jon, love some of the work hes done for atz but he's still a little new compared to the more seasoned players.

Here's a nut that Jon did for a friend of mine. It's not the best nut job ive ever seen. Tuning was very unstable and the raduis of the strings at rest were way off vs the fretboard. Notice how all the strings go in too deep into the nut. Also notice how the nut is angled instead of flat to support smoother string pul (this is how les pauls have to be because of the awkward headstock and angled direction of string pull after the nut, specially the G string)

This is what it should have looked like:

Please don't get me wrong, im not bashing Jon, like I said hes done some good things, he's just not up there yet (but its IMHO which isnt the law).

I've tried a few of Jon's works from other forumites & I would say he's doing a great job. He may not have the same amount of experience but it doesn't mean he can't compete w/ the ones abroad IMO.

Don't get me wrong as well vhunter, I personally believe that Pinoy luthiers keep getting better by going the extra mile & it wouldn't take lightyears before they get known the world over.