hulika

Author Topic: The Elegee Custom Shop...Past to Present...  (Read 64630 times)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
Re: The Elegee Custom Shop...Past to Present...
« Reply #250 on: July 09, 2008, 08:32:12 PM »
@vhunter : I was at Elegee's this afternoon to have my guitar set-up. He says he remembers that nut, it was for Esse (Filippo).

If you have a problem with the angled nut, it takes no more than five minutes with a file to remedy your concern. Yes he knows what a Les Paul nut looks like and had it been specified, he would have done exactly as what Esse wanted.

If you want proof, here's a pic of Jon's own LP. I don't know if you can see it, just try to look at the nut around the 6th string where the nut is outlined by the background (or try some photo-editing software on the pic)

See...the nut is angled.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 08:43:17 PM by BAMF »
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #251 on: July 09, 2008, 09:04:15 PM »
I occasionally rub my nuts with pencil lead. Make sure them nuts are nice and smooth and slippery right?  :lol: Ayokong may friction or sabit sa nuts ko e...  :lol:

Sabi nila saliva daw maganda sa nuts ? So you ought to lick your nuts :D

Offline chromeknive

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #252 on: July 09, 2008, 09:09:32 PM »
Sabi nila saliva daw maganda sa nuts ? So you ought to lick your nuts :D

Well, yeah. Or maybe K.Y.? Or petroleum?  :lol:

How about kitty juice?  :evil:

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #253 on: July 09, 2008, 09:28:17 PM »
Oist OT na kayo. Yung pataasan ng ihi, lagay niyo na yan sa ibang thread.

TOPIC: Galing ako last sat, sa PJC at nandun yung ELEGEE Tele, PRS 7 at Elegee custom ni Sir Chawi. Nasubukan ko lang yung 1st custom niya and all I can say was WOW! WOW! Damn. Sobrang proud siguro ng mga Elegee owners. Hay....

Why don't you go back and compare the PRS SANTANA III to all the Elegee guitars there to know the difference....

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #254 on: July 09, 2008, 10:08:44 PM »
Why don't you go back and compare the PRS SANTANA III to all the Elegee guitars there to know the difference....

Compare...the price point ?

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #255 on: July 09, 2008, 10:50:29 PM »
Well, yeah. Or maybe K.Y.? Or petroleum?  :lol:

How about kitty juice?  :evil:

lol, :lol: :lol:

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #256 on: July 09, 2008, 11:07:49 PM »
Please refrain from using sexual references, guys. That's not what we should talk about here.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #257 on: July 09, 2008, 11:14:59 PM »
it would be neat if somebody who has both elegee and a brand name guitar do a comparison and post it in youtube. that would be neat because on my next vacation i plan on visiting him.

thanks  :-)

Offline pizarro84

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #258 on: July 09, 2008, 11:34:13 PM »
I admire sir Jon's craftsmanship and balang araw po magpapagawa talaga ako ng custom sa kanya, pero di 'pa' po natin pwede i-rank side by side si sir Jon sa great luthiers and manufacturers ng US since may advantage pa rin sila unang una sa experience then sa technology. I saw Breedlove's (although acoustic po ito, just to compare the difference in technology) factory tour at musician's friend, kung papaano ginagaya ng CNC machines nila yung consistency ng design (not the wood) ng bawat gitara, the same machines used to create F1 engine blocks and other high tolerance machining works (I dunno if Suhr guitars also utilize CNC machines). Isa pa yung pag gamit ng Plek machine, walang tatalo dun sa pag setup ng fret, kaya kampante suhr na gumamit ng stainless fret kasi makina ang nagse-setup ng frets and ng nut. Also the buzz feitten tuning etc etc..

I also want to point out, as sir BAMF has stated, compare the price point. I have'nt really inquired at elegee (dahil wala pa po ako pampagawa) pero if sir Jon would acquire those special tools from stewmac and maybe a CNC machine and a Plek machine and superb tonewoods, baka around $4K up din ang singil nya sa isang custom, presyo pa lang ng equipment magkano na, yung shipping pa. Kumbaga sa 'power to weight' ratio ng sasakyan, I can say na pwedeng lamang ang elegee 'price to quality' (kaso nga lang subjective ang sound, so madali lang sa visual haay..)

I can't really say how sir Jon would compare to luthiers abroad mano 'y mano, same equipment and tone wood (sila mag step down sa wood and equipment availability  :-D), pero I can say na later on, sa passion ni sir Jon sa pag gawa ng guitars (looking at how many custom guitars and basses he had already crafted) malayo po ang maabot ng craft nya.

Sana po may stainless frets and plek job na rin si sir jon by 2015  :-D peace po!

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #259 on: July 09, 2008, 11:44:38 PM »
i revise my request, how about someone playing the guitar without a band/backing track please sirs. let us see the elegee owners demo-ing their customs and post it in youtube..

ps.  no cellphone camera vids.. :lol:

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #260 on: July 10, 2008, 06:06:15 AM »

Compare...the price point ?

Nope. Compare the workmanship, quality, sound and character with response of the PRS SANTANA III and you will find out how far Jon is.  But of course, mas affordable si Jon and that is his selling point.  For some ok siguro ang price point ratio niya compared to a PRS USA.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #261 on: July 10, 2008, 06:19:46 AM »
I admire sir Jon's craftsmanship and balang araw po magpapagawa talaga ako ng custom sa kanya, pero di 'pa' po natin pwede i-rank side by side si sir Jon sa great luthiers and manufacturers ng US since may advantage pa rin sila unang una sa experience then sa technology. I saw Breedlove's (although acoustic po ito, just to compare the difference in technology) factory tour at musician's friend, kung papaano ginagaya ng CNC machines nila yung consistency ng design (not the wood) ng bawat gitara, the same machines used to create F1 engine blocks and other high tolerance machining works (I dunno if Suhr guitars also utilize CNC machines). Isa pa yung pag gamit ng Plek machine, walang tatalo dun sa pag setup ng fret, kaya kampante suhr na gumamit ng stainless fret kasi makina ang nagse-setup ng frets and ng nut. Also the buzz feitten tuning etc etc..

SUHR DOES USE A CNC AND PLEK.  SUHR FINISHES OF THE GUITAR WITH HAND.  AND OF COURSE THEY USE THE PLEK AS AN ADVANTAGE BECAUSE THEY USE STAINLESS STEEL FRETS. HOWEVER GENE BAKER DOES EVERYTHING BY HAND AND I THINK SO DOES JOHANN GUSTAVSSON.  THEY ARE ALSO TO MY KNOWLEDGE ONE MAN SHOPS AND THEY ARE IN CHARGE OF SHIPPING THEMSELVES -- FROM PACKING THE GUITAR TO SHIPPING IT OUT THRU FEDEX.  I KNOW BECAUSE GENE PERSONALLY SENT ME A SCANNED COPY OF THE FEDEX TRANSMITTAL SLIP.  SI JON PA NGA MAY MGA TUMUTULONG.

I also want to point out, as sir BAMF has stated, compare the price point. I have'nt really inquired at elegee (dahil wala pa po ako pampagawa) pero if sir Jon would acquire those special tools from stewmac and maybe a CNC machine and a Plek machine and superb tonewoods, baka around $4K up din ang singil nya sa isang custom, presyo pa lang ng equipment magkano na, yung shipping pa. Kumbaga sa 'power to weight' ratio ng sasakyan, I can say na pwedeng lamang ang elegee 'price to quality' (kaso nga lang subjective ang sound, so madali lang sa visual haay..)

I can't really say how sir Jon would compare to luthiers abroad mano 'y mano, same equipment and tone wood (sila mag step down sa wood and equipment availability  :-D), pero I can say na later on, sa passion ni sir Jon sa pag gawa ng guitars (looking at how many custom guitars and basses he had already crafted) malayo po ang maabot ng craft nya.

WELL PASSION IS EXPRESSED IN SO MANY WAYS... JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THAT NUT, I DON'T CALL THAT PASSION.  BUT OF COURSE, JON I BELIEVE IS WAY BETTER NOW THAN BEFORE -- I MEAN THE RED 7 STRING OF PJ DOES LOOK MUCH BETTER THAN OTHER ELEGEES BEFORE IT.

THERE IS ONE DIFFERENCE THOUGH WHICH IS IMPORTANT, MAS HONEST AND HUMBLE SA SUHR WHEN I ASKED THE FOLLOWING:

Q: I do have a question, this was a totally amazing sounding guitar that was alive and very dynamic.  However its sister guitar, colored orange rust, was dead sounding compared to this guitar despite the fact that they were almost the same.

A:Some guitars do stand out more than others, so it's really hard to guarantee that another guitar will be just like that Modern you just got. We really won't know how a guitar will sound until we put one together. We'll try our best, but as you know, no two guitars are quite the same.

SINA JON SASABIHIN NA KANYA KANYANG PREFERENCE LANG IYAN.  I HAVE NEVER EVER HEARD JON SAY THAT HE CAN PRODUCE A NON-OUTSTANDING GUITAR.

Sana po may stainless frets and plek job na rin si sir jon by 2015  :-D peace po!

Offline pizarro84

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #262 on: July 10, 2008, 08:34:41 AM »

SUHR DOES USE A CNC AND PLEK.  SUHR FINISHES OF THE GUITAR WITH HAND.  AND OF COURSE THEY USE THE PLEK AS AN ADVANTAGE BECAUSE THEY USE STAINLESS STEEL FRETS. HOWEVER GENE BAKER DOES EVERYTHING BY HAND AND I THINK SO DOES JOHANN GUSTAVSSON.  THEY ARE ALSO TO MY KNOWLEDGE ONE MAN SHOPS AND THEY ARE IN CHARGE OF SHIPPING THEMSELVES -- FROM PACKING THE GUITAR TO SHIPPING IT OUT THRU FEDEX.  I KNOW BECAUSE GENE PERSONALLY SENT ME A SCANNED COPY OF THE FEDEX TRANSMITTAL SLIP.  SI JON PA NGA MAY MGA TUMUTULONG.

Well I think Gene Baker and Johann Gustavsson have way more experience than sir Jon. Naka 1000 pala si Gene bago binili ni Ed Roman yung rights. Experience po pointed out. Pag may anak na po ako at high school na sila I think maka around 800 na po si sir Jon (kung tuloy tuloy po siya gagawa), that is when I can compare Bakers to Elegees (kung may pambili ng baker, baka 200 na litro ng gasolina nun  :-D), of course, including price to craftsmanship ratio.

I can't really say how sir Jon would compare to luthiers abroad mano 'y mano, same equipment and tone wood (sila mag step down sa wood and equipment availability  grin), pero I can say na later on, sa passion ni sir Jon sa pag gawa ng guitars (looking at how many custom guitars and basses he had already crafted) malayo po ang maabot ng craft nya.

WELL PASSION IS EXPRESSED IN SO MANY WAYS... JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THAT NUT, I DON'T CALL THAT PASSION.  BUT OF COURSE, JON I BELIEVE IS WAY BETTER NOW THAN BEFORE -- I MEAN THE RED 7 STRING OF PJ DOES LOOK MUCH BETTER THAN OTHER ELEGEES BEFORE IT.

But sir Alex as you have pointed out, he is "way" better than before (well based po sa statement nyo, I understand na way back pa po yung nut na yan..), doesn't that equate to passion and determination to improve his craft? I mean, like sa playing you may have passion pero di agad magaling sa simula (unless alien  :-D). No one is. Pero may mga taong mabilis ang progress at eager matuto dahil sa passion, determination and talent, and I believe sir Jon, given more time, will be an excellent luthier. Encouragement lang and criticisms kelangan, siyempre kung walang babatikos sa gawa papano gagaling

THERE IS ONE DIFFERENCE THOUGH WHICH IS IMPORTANT, MAS HONEST AND HUMBLE SA SUHR WHEN I ASKED THE FOLLOWING:

Q: I do have a question, this was a totally amazing sounding guitar that was alive and very dynamic.  However its sister guitar, colored orange rust, was dead sounding compared to this guitar despite the fact that they were almost the same.

A:Some guitars do stand out more than others, so it's really hard to guarantee that another guitar will be just like that Modern you just got. We really won't know how a guitar will sound until we put one together. We'll try our best, but as you know, no two guitars are quite the same.

SINA JON SASABIHIN NA KANYA KANYANG PREFERENCE LANG IYAN.  I HAVE NEVER EVER HEARD JON SAY THAT HE CAN PRODUCE A NON-OUTSTANDING GUITAR.

Sana po may stainless frets and plek job na rin si sir jon by 2015  grin peace po!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 11:26:40 AM by pizarro84 »

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #263 on: July 10, 2008, 11:17:20 AM »
Nope. Compare the workmanship, quality, sound and character with response of the PRS SANTANA III and you will find out how far Jon is.  But of course, mas affordable si Jon and that is his selling point.  For some ok siguro ang price point ratio niya compared to a PRS USA.

So it's fair to compare a Toyota MR2 to an Enzo Ferrari ?

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #264 on: July 10, 2008, 11:52:19 AM »
Compare na naman ng compare kasi eh... Kung ano budget mo, bilin mo yung best guitar na kasya sa budget mo.  Yung malalaki budget, what do you have to prove by condescending on lower budget options - that you have more budget?  If so, what's really your point or motive?   Yun namang maliit ang budget, no need to be insecure about anything.  If it satisfies your need -- you should be confident and content in what you have.  You don't have to justify or prove anything to anybody, even if they insist on reminding you of your guitar's inferiority. Pag tumaas ang budget, eh di upgrade lang. 

All our local luthiers seem to be improving by leaps and bounds -- improvements that are noticeable in a matter of months!  We should celebrate that and encourage them in a positive way to improve further.  Yung specific comment like vhunter re the nut job is fact-based and objective and it tells exactly what the luthier needs to improve on.  In his first few months here on PhilMusic, I commented on areas for improvement on Jon's work too. But simply saying na "walang binatbat sa US/Europe luthiers", or "bridge pa lang ng gitara ko kasing mahal na ng buong gtr ng local luthier" is not constructive.  I can't see how such comments serve as constructive criticism, much more as positive encouragement. 

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #265 on: July 10, 2008, 11:55:02 AM »
So it's fair to compare a Toyota MR2 to an Enzo Ferrari ?

i hope i dont come off as a discussion crasher...

lets use that analogy...

person 1: A Toyota MR2 can perform equal to, if not better than an Enzo Ferrari. (WRONG)

person 2: Toyota, Given enough time would be able to make cars that perform like Ferraris
(PLAUSIBLE: given that ferraris have reached the top and could no longer improve)

person 3: I can only afford a Toyota MR2. A car is a car. it gets me to point a to point b nonetheless. I dont need a Ferrari to drive to work.
(OK argument. justifiable naman.)

person 4: You just want to get a ferrari to look cool and show off to everybody how big your.... garage is.
(WRONG. one should never assume what another thinks. no matter how airheaded you think they are. this is called sourgraping)

person 5: Ferraris are the best cars in the world. Among the supercars, i think that ferraris smoke them all. even meager attempts by Toyota wont come close to Ferraris.
(OPINION: you dont argue against opinion. you discuss differences, not shove each others opinions down the others throat. in this analogy, tama naman e.)

person 6: You have a ferrari but you dont drive competitively. youre not worthy of a ferrari. your driving sucks. theres a vid of you on youtube showing off your ugly driving skills.
(SOURGRAPING)

well at least thats how i see it.

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #266 on: July 10, 2008, 12:00:59 PM »

I don't agree w/ this.
It's like your saying Jon's only making guitars because of the price NOT because of the craftmanship.

You do not know how much time, labor & passion luthiers pour into their guitars so it's not fair to acknowledge their guitars JUST by the PRICE.

Look on the positive & potential as well. :wink:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:19:42 PM by lateralis »

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #267 on: July 10, 2008, 01:18:07 PM »
i hope i dont come off as a discussion crasher...

lets use that analogy...

person 1: A Toyota MR2 can perform equal to, if not better than an Enzo Ferrari. (WRONG)

person 2: Toyota, Given enough time would be able to make cars that perform like Ferraris
(PLAUSIBLE: given that ferraris have reached the top and could no longer improve)

person 3: I can only afford a Toyota MR2. A car is a car. it gets me to point a to point b nonetheless. I dont need a Ferrari to drive to work.
(OK argument. justifiable naman.)

person 4: You just want to get a ferrari to look cool and show off to everybody how big your.... garage is.
(WRONG. one should never assume what another thinks. no matter how airheaded you think they are. this is called sourgraping)

person 5: Ferraris are the best cars in the world. Among the supercars, i think that ferraris smoke them all. even meager attempts by Toyota wont come close to Ferraris.
(OPINION: you dont argue against opinion. you discuss differences, not shove each others opinions down the others throat. in this analogy, tama naman e.)

person 6: You have a ferrari but you dont drive competitively. youre not worthy of a ferrari. your driving sucks. theres a vid of you on youtube showing off your ugly driving skills.
(SOURGRAPING)

well at least thats how i see it.

agree ako paengkee...pm mo naman kano inabot ng custom warrior mo hehehe

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #268 on: July 10, 2008, 02:12:10 PM »
@vhunter : I was at Elegee's this afternoon to have my guitar set-up. He says he remembers that nut, it was for Esse (Filippo).

If you have a problem with the angled nut, it takes no more than five minutes with a file to remedy your concern. Yes he knows what a Les Paul nut looks like and had it been specified, he would have done exactly as what Esse wanted.

If you want proof, here's a pic of Jon's own LP. I don't know if you can see it, just try to look at the nut around the 6th string where the nut is outlined by the background (or try some photo-editing software on the pic)

See...the nut is angled.

BTW the nut is NOT supposed to be angled its straight pull so that the only bend is after the nut onto the strings. But arguably, that nut is a good looking one. :) You can tell a good nut because the strings are NOT supposed to be inside the grooves. Parang half lang ... so if you have a .52 on the bass, dapat yung depth ng nug nasa .25 if you get what i mean. That way theres less friction and the guitar will tune better.  If you look at the 6th string of your example... its got the perfect depth.

The issue with essies nut is the radius was wrong. LP's are 10"-12" radius but he radius on the nut was about 7" so you could imagine how far the G and D strings were from the fretboard vs the E's. I feel that its a luthiers Job to know these things and advise players who dont know any better. It's not the other way around. Only reason im a bit disturbed was i was considering buying that instrument and it was far below par to have a nut like that on a very expensive instrument like that. Honestly the job looked rushed, if it will only take him 5 minutes to fix it, he should have done that before it left the shop. Sayang kung hindi polido. I mean, when the guitar got to me, and essie told me it was Jons work, it doesnt speak well of him ifyou know what i mean.

Offline pizarro84

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #269 on: July 10, 2008, 03:20:45 PM »
For stubborn nuts, you can file the bottom of the nut grooves flat (and not round) and file the walls of the groove into a v-shape (two heads of the V pointing towards the tuners) so there will be less surface area of the nut to come in contact with the strings and thus, stable tuning and return to pitch after bend (or pull if it has a floating trem). OT lang po sa nut problems  :-)

Pero kung mali nga po ang radius ng nut, kelangan nga po ipa-RMA yun  :-D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #270 on: July 10, 2008, 05:23:58 PM »
That's too basic for any luthier not to know. Why even I know that :D.

Nonetheless, just bring your guitar na lang to Elegee, I'm very certain he will oblige to whatever specification you need. Baka nga free of charge pa although I don't want to speak in his name.

BTW the nut is NOT supposed to be angled its straight pull so that the only bend is after the nut onto the strings. But arguably, that nut is a good looking one. :) You can tell a good nut because the strings are NOT supposed to be inside the grooves. Parang half lang ... so if you have a .52 on the bass, dapat yung depth ng nug nasa .25 if you get what i mean. That way theres less friction and the guitar will tune better.  If you look at the 6th string of your example... its got the perfect depth.

The issue with essies nut is the radius was wrong. LP's are 10"-12" radius but he radius on the nut was about 7" so you could imagine how far the G and D strings were from the fretboard vs the E's. I feel that its a luthiers Job to know these things and advise players who dont know any better. It's not the other way around. Only reason im a bit disturbed was i was considering buying that instrument and it was far below par to have a nut like that on a very expensive instrument like that. Honestly the job looked rushed, if it will only take him 5 minutes to fix it, he should have done that before it left the shop. Sayang kung hindi polido. I mean, when the guitar got to me, and essie told me it was Jons work, it doesnt speak well of him ifyou know what i mean.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #271 on: July 10, 2008, 07:24:18 PM »
Compare na naman ng compare kasi eh... Kung ano budget mo, bilin mo yung best guitar na kasya sa budget mo.  Yung malalaki budget, what do you have to prove by condescending on lower budget options - that you have more budget?  If so, what's really your point or motive?   Yun namang maliit ang budget, no need to be insecure about anything.  If it satisfies your need -- you should be confident and content in what you have.  You don't have to justify or prove anything to anybody, even if they insist on reminding you of your guitar's inferiority. Pag tumaas ang budget, eh di upgrade lang. 

MY REPLIES STARTED WHEN LATERALIS OPINED THAT ELEGEE RANKS WITH THE BEST IN THE WORLD.  AND I DISAGREED.  THERE WAS NO MENTION OF BUDGET.  SO PLEASE ADDRESS YOUR PREVIOUS PARAGRAPH TO LATERALIS WHO SEEMS TO HAVE A NEED TO BE INSECURE WITH HIS GUITAR BECAUSE HE WANTS TO POINT OUT THAT FILIPINO MADE GUITARS ARE ON RANK WITH THE BEST IN THE WORLD.

All our local luthiers seem to be improving by leaps and bounds -- improvements that are noticeable in a matter of months!  We should celebrate that and encourage them in a positive way to improve further.  Yung specific comment like vhunter re the nut job is fact-based and objective and it tells exactly what the luthier needs to improve on.  In his first few months here on PhilMusic, I commented on areas for improvement on Jon's work too. But simply saying na "walang binatbat sa US/Europe luthiers", or "bridge pa lang ng gitara ko kasing mahal na ng buong gtr ng local luthier" is not constructive.  I can't see how such comments serve as constructive criticism, much more as positive encouragement. 

ITS NOT MY ROLE TO CHEERLEAD THEM.  I SIMPLY STATE BASED ON MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, WHICH YOU CAN CHOOSE TO DISREGARD, THAT THEIR GUITARS ARE AVERAGE AND DO NOT EXCITE ME. 

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #272 on: July 10, 2008, 07:35:38 PM »
I don't agree w/ this. YEAH GO AHEAD AND TRY THE PRS SANTANA III AT PJC VERSUS THE ELEGEES THERE.
It's like your saying Jon's only making guitars because of the price NOT because of the craftmanship.  NOPE. DI BA NGA KAYA KA NGA BILIB KAY MANG MAX AY DAHIL SA PRICE?  BAKIT BIBILI KA BA NG ELEGEE KUNG PRESYONG p200,000?  IF SO, ANONG EXPECTATION MO SA ELEGEE NA GANOON ANG PRESYO?

You do not know how much time, labor & passion luthiers pour into their guitars so it's not fair to acknowledge their guitars JUST by the PRICE.

KUNG TIME SA DAMI LANG NG ORAS, MAS KAUNTI ANG OUTPUT NI GENE BAKER AT 2.5 GUITARS A MONTH.  KUNG PASSION LANG & LABOR, GENE BAKER PERSONALLY FEDEXes THE GUITAR AND SCANS THE FEDEX SLIP TO EMAIL TO ME.  GENE BAKER ASKS ME BY EMAIL WHAT GAUGE I WANT INSTALLED.  GENE BAKER OFFERS A LIFETIME WARRANTY ON HIS GUITAR.  GENE BAKER ENSURES THAT EACH GUITAR IS UNIQUE FROM HARDWARE TO FINISH, TO CONSTRUCTION TO ELECTRONICS. GENE BAKER ALSO ENSURES NA MAYROON SNAGG REGISTRATION ANG ORIGINAL OWNERS.   

Look on the positive & potential as well. :wink:

THATS HOG WASH... NOBODY BUYS A GUITAR, MAYBE YOU, FOR ITS POTENTIAL.  TELL THAT TO VINTAGE GUITAR BUYERS AND LOVERS OF STRATS, TELES AND LES PAUL JUNIORS, ETC...  EITHER YOU BUY A GUITAR BECAUSE OF ITS LOOKS OR ITS SOUND AND CHARACTER.  BUT NOBODY I KNOW BUYS BECAUSE OF POTENTIAL... TELL THAT TO FENDER'S RELIC DEPARTMENT AND TOM MURPHY.  KUNG POTENTIAL LANG PAG USAPAN ANG GENERATION BAKER 1 MAS HIGIT PA ANG CONSTRUCTION AT DETAIL VERSUS AN ELEGEE TODAY.  BAKER 1 CAME OUT TEN YEARS AGO.  AND I WILL TELL  YOU GENERATION 3 HAS BETTER WOODS AND A MORE ERGONOMIC FEEL.  SO IMAGINE NA ANG LAYO PA ANG KAILANGAN HABULIN KAY BAKER.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #273 on: July 10, 2008, 07:48:20 PM »
What exactly ba is bothering you ? I mean, yea we get your point. And yeah to some extent it's a "so what" and "to each his own" matter.

So I can't understand why you're so riled up about Elegee.

So tell you what. Why don't you put up 200,000 budget and tell Elegee to give it his best shot at that budget. Then you judge. Kasi for all this banter you're still comparing apples and oranges. 

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #274 on: July 10, 2008, 09:03:34 PM »
@firemodel55

I think you've made your point.  What drives you to hammer it further? Why don't you create your own thread, perhaps with the title, "Why foreign luthiers are superior"....

You're jacking already.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore