hulika

Author Topic: MultiEffects Unit Thread  (Read 136648 times)

Offline pings15

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: MultiEffects Unit Thread
« Reply #250 on: April 18, 2008, 11:25:08 PM »
a question for MFX users:

been researching alot.. and been thinking of getting an MFX becaues of its features, and price.. but a friend of mine opened up my mind.....he told me this,,,,..... here is one scenario, you are gigging, and all your patches are all set.. but then, as a gigging musician you'll go through many types of amps, many kinds of crappy, tubed, decent amps.. each with different sounds, now tell me if you experience this, how do you cope with it sa settings nyo? what of yung amp modeller nyo?.. do you go through all the needed patches and edit them away..parang ang liit lng ng time gap after ng soundcheck nyo to tweak...?...

plus ano un labas ng MFX+ALL tube amp?.. ok naman ba?... what of AMP MODELER+TUBE AMP?
OH MAN! OH GOD!
Progressive Metal
 www.facebook.com/OMOGofficial   Album to be out soon!  ----- Peavey 5150 |  2x12 Cab with Celestion Speakers  | Micsis Custom 7 DiMarzio Crunchlab/Liquifire Pickups | Gruv Gear Fret Wraps | Dunlop Heavy Core Strings

Offline swordplay

« Reply #251 on: April 19, 2008, 04:13:06 PM »
you can always go to global settings. most effects have a 3 band or more EQ in there where you can adjust your mfx patches in one go. you don't have to set them up one by one.
B

Offline luin_theblue

• Veteran Member
« Reply #252 on: April 19, 2008, 08:33:05 PM »
Those "crappy, tubed, decent amps... each with different sounds" have their own built in eqs as well. :)

Offline luin_theblue

• Veteran Member
« Reply #253 on: April 19, 2008, 08:52:23 PM »
I have a Zoom GFX3 which I now rarely use because I switched to analog stompboxes. I don't want to let go of this because I like the modulations and delay/reverb effects. Now I'm thinking I bring this to sir Ricky, have this modded and then add to my FX chain. My worry is that the volume, tone-sucking and digital problems of the GFX might still be present even in bypass mode after the mod.

For those who have already modded their GFXs (any series) was the tone-sucking problem resolved? And did the GFX have a true-bypass feel after the mod? Was the volume controlled?

This ain't a solution but what I do is set my g2.1u with clean to light overdrive patches (with no comp or booster) so that I can use it as an amp simulator for the wah and analog pedals (comp, drive/booster, main drive) to go through. Plus I use the modulations, eq, and extra eq/ mic sim... gets?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 10:20:31 PM by luin_theblue »

Offline luin_theblue

• Veteran Member
« Reply #254 on: April 19, 2008, 08:58:18 PM »
In addition to my earlier post, I use an external exp. pedal for volume and use the built-in exp pedal to kick in and level my delay.

plus ano un labas ng MFX+ALL tube amp?.. ok naman ba?... what of AMP MODELER+TUBE AMP?

Before I used a Fender 57

with my g2.1u. Loved it. Talk about waaaaaaaarm and rouuuuuund and niiiiiice. :D

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2008, 10:13:51 PM »
luin's right, most multi-effects have universal settings that allow you to quickly tweak your output/eq to match the amp.  for example the tonelab le has 5 universal settings (amp1 for fender-type amps, amp2 for marshall type amps, amp3 for head/cab, line1 for direct to PA/mixing board, line2 - direct to PA w/ eq). just hit a switch, twist a knob, and find a sound that works.

as for tube amps, s.o.p. is the same whether using multi-effects or pedals:  get a good clean tone by lowering gain, and let the effects handle the gain/distortion.
The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Offline luin_theblue

• Veteran Member
« Reply #256 on: April 19, 2008, 10:19:31 PM »
Hehe. That was swordplay not me.

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #257 on: April 19, 2008, 10:48:01 PM »
oh yeah. sorry :)
The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #258 on: April 20, 2008, 10:00:46 AM »
a question for MFX users:

been researching alot.. and been thinking of getting an MFX becaues of its features, and price.. but a friend of mine opened up my mind.....he told me this,,,,..... here is one scenario, you are gigging, and all your patches are all set.. but then, as a gigging musician you'll go through many types of amps, many kinds of crappy, tubed, decent amps.. each with different sounds, now tell me if you experience this, how do you cope with it sa settings nyo? what of yung amp modeller nyo?.. do you go through all the needed patches and edit them away..parang ang liit lng ng time gap after ng soundcheck nyo to tweak...?...

there are quite a few ways to go about this. the others have already explained one.

another technique is to plug directly to the effects loop return if your amp has it. it works wonders for something like a POD XTLive. this is in fact the principle applied in Atomic amps and Line 6 Spider Valves.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline ETM(PHILS)

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #259 on: May 04, 2008, 10:13:36 AM »
anyone using Line 6 POCKET POD? any review or comment.... ok ba sya sa recording? Thanks

Offline sikheadzraf

« Reply #260 on: September 02, 2008, 02:59:29 PM »
any reviews for korg ax5g ?
Ref:
J-ROCK80s,karlo07,zildjianmehraj,numeroh_unoh,p2ltronilogd,neil_tin,charlz,Jazzed,demoboi,studiowan,RJ-GRG,shkc,BossingBoss,6stringsamurai,omen,beans,mahavishnu,Jared_Tomines,epektos.com,incubus32,opaymikko,upfront
 Beware of: modded

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #261 on: September 02, 2008, 04:47:56 PM »
it's arguably the best unit in its class. at least that's what i think.

Offline chadrobles

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #262 on: September 02, 2008, 05:12:06 PM »
it's arguably the best unit in its class. at least that's what i think.

:-)

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #263 on: September 02, 2008, 05:17:03 PM »
Noob moment.

I have 2 units, the Digitech RP3 and the Zoom G2.1u. The RP3 is great for gigs because of its 5 buttons. Plus, I can turn on/off up to 3 effects on 1 preset. It has a strong case and its color is an obvious yellow. Always a conversation piece. Quite rare this pedal is.

The Zoom is great for amp modeling but limited by its picky selection for power supply (even though standard 9VDC input) and limited to 2 buttons.

Both have lousy wah. But I can't be choosy. Between the two, I would gig with the RP3 and record with the Zoom (as if... :lol:)
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline kell

• Netizen Level
« Reply #264 on: September 03, 2008, 12:31:30 AM »

Just got my new Zoom G7.1ut.

ganda ng tunog, malayo sa dati kong zoom 3030.. hehehe

rock-solid metal body, nice heavy duty buttons and pedal.

sa sound...
ayus na ayus. worth spending bucks. hehe.

ang daming modeling amps na pwedeng pag experementohan.
wlang alteration sa sound ng guitar pag bypass.

kung wala kayong pambili ng stompboxes, ayus ang G7.1.

anyway.. its my opinion lang naman po. ^_^
When in doubt, all out!

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #265 on: September 03, 2008, 12:45:28 AM »
may "alteration" yan if you listen hard enough. but since it takes some effort to notice, it probably doesn't matter.

Offline beejaysoul

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #266 on: September 04, 2008, 12:35:14 AM »
hehehe tanong ko lng... hahaha Anu msasabi nio sa zoom 606?? ok ba to?

Offline zeero

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #267 on: September 04, 2008, 03:18:05 AM »
anyone here owns a Lin6 POD XTLive? Any reviews on that?  :-D Thanks!
\\\"God gave rock and roll to you!!\\\" <br />स्वस्तिक

Offline zeero

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #268 on: September 04, 2008, 03:21:19 AM »
hehehe tanong ko lng... hahaha Anu msasabi nio sa zoom 606?? ok ba to?
better na mag g2.1u ka nalang bro.. bagal ng response time ng 606 in switching patches. 606 gamit ko dati hehe  :-D
\\\"God gave rock and roll to you!!\\\" <br />स्वस्तिक

Offline redjaztin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #269 on: September 04, 2008, 09:36:39 AM »
Just got my new Zoom G7.1ut.

ganda ng tunog, malayo sa dati kong zoom 3030.. hehehe

rock-solid metal body, nice heavy duty buttons and pedal.

sa sound...
ayus na ayus. worth spending bucks. hehe.

ang daming modeling amps na pwedeng pag experementohan.
wlang alteration sa sound ng guitar pag bypass.

kung wala kayong pambili ng stompboxes, ayus ang G7.1.

anyway.. its my opinion lang naman po. ^_^

Congratz bro! ganda talaga yan...yan din gamit ko ngayon...  :D

better na mag g2.1u ka nalang bro.. bagal ng response time ng 606 in switching patches. 606 gamit ko dati hehe

+1

I use to have one too!  :D

Offline sikheadzraf

« Reply #270 on: September 04, 2008, 02:08:41 PM »
any korg ax5g users here?  :-)
Ref:
J-ROCK80s,karlo07,zildjianmehraj,numeroh_unoh,p2ltronilogd,neil_tin,charlz,Jazzed,demoboi,studiowan,RJ-GRG,shkc,BossingBoss,6stringsamurai,omen,beans,mahavishnu,Jared_Tomines,epektos.com,incubus32,opaymikko,upfront
 Beware of: modded

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #271 on: September 04, 2008, 02:47:54 PM »
I miss using multi-effects units. They're very easy to use and they have a bunch of bells and whistles. If only boutique pedals didn't sound that good...
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline beejaysoul

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #272 on: September 04, 2008, 11:49:47 PM »
ganun ba hehehe. ty. pero nu msasabi nio sa mixing ng 606. ok ba to pang gig/pwesto?

Offline simon_divitico

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #274 on: September 05, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »
Matagal din akong na-stick sa multi, medyo nabigyan ko na nga ng streotypical idea ang multi at analog peds eh (Multi for showbands, analog peds for rock and rollers and rockers)  :-D

Iba kasi ang convenience ng multi kapag magsiswitch from 1 patch to another, na practically may parehong config. ng drive, mod.,delay etc. pero iba ang settings, isang tapakan lang.

Unlike kapag analog, yuyuko ka pa at ituturn ang knobs sa desired config., not so ideal para sa guitarists na papalit palit ng tunog  :-)
FS EPIPHONE LESPAUL STANDARD MIK P15K http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=297667.0