hulika

Author Topic: Just a suggestion guys: How about an overdrive and distortion pedal tone party?  (Read 43655 times)

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Bro, wala pa kong FD-2!!!

Still paying for it at sa katapusan ko pa makukuha.

50% paid na yun! So co-owners tayo nun sa ngayon :lol:
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Bro, wala pa kong FD-2!!!

Still paying for it at sa katapusan ko pa makukuha.

Sori, bro, I heard it thru the grapevine lang.  Sa akin kasi galing yan e.  :-)

Sige tinanggal muna kita sa bowteek pedal volunteers. 

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
 :lol:
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline burnthyfret

• Philmusicus Addictus
pwede ba sumama para manood lang? :-D
saan at kelan toh gaganapin? :-)

Offline zach lucero

I can bring the 910 and 911 Tube Drivers, a Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, Maxon ROD-881, OD-9+ Pro, and 808. Schedule permitting. I also have a suggestion - It doesn't have to be just one setup. We can also have a smaller setup for those people who just want to tweak, cascade and power chord their brains out with all the other OD's, DIY or not.

So the main stage - the "scientific" kilatis. And a smaller area, the "labo-labo na stage" further away for the guys who don't really care and just want to see, play and hear a bunch of other pedals and compare thoughts. Yun nga lang, how to go about the noise / volume problem.  :lol:

Whachaguysthink?

Cheers!

yan kasi, reply ng reply hindi tumutingin kung naka log out yung isa. si gibson 78 ay yung kabanda kong si tim, at nake shinji kami ngayon :D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 07:27:21 PM by zach lucero »

Offline Gibson78

• Veteran Member
OOoooppppsss... I sent the reply below not knowing that I was using my friend's account. Uh... Hehehe.  :-P

Anyway, yeah - like what I said below.

Cheers!

I can bring the 910 and 911 Tube Drivers, a Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, Maxon ROD-881, OD-9+ Pro, and 808. Schedule permitting. I also have a suggestion - It doesn't have to be just one setup. We can also have a smaller setup for those people who just want to tweak, cascade and power chord their brains out with all the other OD's, DIY or not.

So the main stage - the "scientific" kilatis. And a smaller area, the "labo-labo na stage" further away for the guys who don't really care and just want to see, play and hear a bunch of other pedals and compare thoughts. Yun nga lang, how to go about the noise / volume problem.  :lol:

Whachaguysthink?

Cheers!

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
how 'bout fuzzes? para ma-educate din po sana kami sa iba't-ibang good-sounding fuzz pedals ^_^

Offline legato

• Veteran Member
Para medyo umusad naman tayo, can you guys please confirm :

1. kung ok na yung shootout guidelines/scoring system (incl. my suggestion re Strat/SC and LP/HB tests)
2. if we should focus on OD pedals only or OD+disto na agad
3.  if we should do a separate shootout for DIY/modded pedals

This is a pretty good idea and doesnt have to be a one off deal. In fact mas maganda nga sana kung every month or every two months meron neto.

To answer the questions.

1. Its as good as any. Anyway, sana this also includes the modifications suggested by vhunter and the high gain tube amp being offerred for comparison.
2. OD+Dist na. Say 8-10 OD, 8-10 high gain. Para naman happy yun blues and rock/metal crowd this first outing. :)
3. DIY/modded should be treated as if they were just any pedals in the test. For this first outing though pede siguro lagyan ng cap say
DIY from scratch 1 pedal
Modded 2-3 pedals

Then next time anything goes na, or pwedeng modded naman yun feature with a few bowteek pedals.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 05:08:08 PM by legato »

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
thanks legato.  let's hear from others pa.

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
i'll bring earplugs. :D

extra challenge: if you have a pedal with a freakishly outrageous tone i cant cop with my GT-8 (using the same guitar and through the same amp ha), your drink is on me.

jk... mukhang malalakas kayo uminom e. :lol: :lol:

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
i'll bring earplugs. :D

extra challenge: if you have a pedal with a freakishly outrageous tone i cant cop with my GT-8 (using the same guitar and through the same amp ha), your drink is on me.

jk... mukhang malalakas kayo uminom e. :lol: :lol:

Ayan na! Multi-efx ba di kasali? :-D
These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
10 ODs and 10 distortion peds would be fine :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline calvs

• Forum Fanatic
OOoooppppsss... I sent the reply below not knowing that I was using my friend's account. Uh... Hehehe.  :-P

Anyway, yeah - like what I said below.

Cheers!

nagulat nga ako, akala ko tuloy si zach may guitar effects din  :lol:

haha, parang ang sarap manood! dirt ko lang right now is MXR ZW OD, MXR Dist III & Line 6 crunchtone. walang-walang sinabi sa pedals niyo but i'm more than happy with my sound and that's what matters the most  :-)

anyway, i can shoot vids  :wink:
esoteric; alternative rock-gazer: http://cerealbus.multiply.com/
FS:http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,216015.0.html

Offline hoihose

GAME NA YAN!!!!!!!!!!

NUOD LANG AKO.

TXT MKO FAFA JORIC WEN ANG THONE FARTHY.

:-D :-D :-D :-D
\"startin over again more or less in your pursuit of happiness\"-NUNO BETTENCOURT

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
GAME NA YAN!!!!!!!!!!

NUOD LANG AKO.

TXT MKO FAFA JORIC WEN ANG THONE FARTHY.

:-D :-D :-D :-D

hehe... bring your 59ri and ZIM!!!

Offline zach lucero

Whachaguysthink?

Cheers!

yan kasi, reply ng reply hindi tumitingin kung naka log out yung isa. si gibson 78 ay yung kabandang ko si tim at nake shinji kame ngayon. :D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
Quote from: deltafafa
LOL!   

So Jobet, having said that, ano suggestion mo to make the whole thing a little more organized, focused, and doable?   We can't have too many pedals all at once and as much as possible we should strive to compare apples to apples, oranges to oranges, etc.  Ok ba kung OD pedals lang muna, then by type: eg, bowteek TS vs. stock TS vs. DIY/modded TS type pedals? 

The DIY/modder clone vs cloned pedal shootout is a great idea.  Kung ganun, i-identify at i-source na ung mga magkatunggali bowteek pedals (sino ung owners?) and the corresponding DIY/modders pedals trumped to beat them.  For eg,

BAMFx FD2 clone (c/o Jobet) vs. Kalikot Audio FD2 clone (c/o Justin) vs. real mosfet FD2 (c/o vjoe, etc)!

Others are welcome to give inputs.

La. It's all swimming in my head. Medyo magulo din e.

But if it's anything na lang, I can throw in a mobile recording setup courtesy of our in-house studio genius xjepoyx. Yung simple lang syempre, siguro a couple of SM57's and condenser mikes, an Alesis Multimix and a laptop.

Juggle the thought around. If you trust the recording arts enough, we can just record the pedals one by one without any shootout. Then give copies of the clips all around and post it even to some soundclick page. That way, even long after the event, armchair "personal" shootouts can still be conducted.

When you have recorded clips, you can then mix and match the shootouts any way you want.

To add some complication pa (hehehe), the Bakero is an HM100, which will go from dirty boost to full metal and is hard clip/soft clip selectable. So it transcends genres so to speak and will happilly take on a Full Drive to a Keeley MT2.

:mrgreen:

Oks ba ? :D

« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 09:04:40 PM by BAMF »
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
i wish i could come.. if ever... :D sana sa christmas break to.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
i wish i could come.. if ever... :D sana sa christmas break to.

Uy ! Christmas break daw Fafa Joric !

So let's set a good day siguro. Hmmm...December 30 ?

:mrgreen:
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
I'll try to bring in my new project,baka umabot. A Mosfet OD w/Fat boost!

UY,wag naman sa DEC30 bakasyon yan. :-(

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
Teka, Dec 30??? Isasabay sa shootout nila sir Alex at Joric???
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Teka, Dec 30??? Isasabay sa shootout nila sir Alex at Joric???

LOL!!!  You been living under a rock bro?  I called that off a long time ago.  We all know that other dude has better things to do than make challenges...  And I have better things to do than stoop down to them.  :-D

Di ba may sem-break na parating?  Pero kung xmas break, even Dec 30, ok lang din, as long as walang plans ang families ng principals. ;-) 

Offline calvs

• Forum Fanatic
ba't di na lang every other month para masaya?  :-)
esoteric; alternative rock-gazer: http://cerealbus.multiply.com/
FS:http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,216015.0.html

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus

Di ba may sem-break na parating?  Pero kung xmas break, even Dec 30, ok lang din, as long as walang plans ang families ng principals. ;-) 

HAHAHAHA!! :lol:  yun lang!!
...the strong take from the weak...but the wise take from the strong...

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
HAHAHAHA!! :lol:  yun lang!!

Hehe... the more I think about it, the more I realize that I'd rather enjoy my vacation than see other gear freaks for a tone party!  So gay!