hulika

Author Topic: FreedomTom the German..  (Read 68772 times)

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: FreedomTom the German..
« Reply #250 on: December 23, 2008, 11:42:04 AM »
newbie here.. i somehow know now how he deals with clients.

question:
a.) does he know the products he's selling? 
He certainly knows his stuff
b.) when he say he's selling gibsons or fenders, is it really the product and not some copy or imitation?
they're the real thing, although he sells copies but he mentions they are copies, and if you are thinking he tries to knock people off by selling fake items presented as genuine, I think he wouldn't do that
c.) no misrepresentation??  or tells that all original but some parts were changed?
I don't think he does so too...

hope you guys, especially those who have been to his place, can answer my questions...

Offline kozki

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #251 on: December 23, 2008, 11:51:20 AM »
bat kaya walang comment si freedomtom d2?
Peace, Love and Heavy Metal!

Offline riccaliolio

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #252 on: December 23, 2008, 08:37:07 PM »
Well, that's why people were suggesting to go to the guy if you wanna check out and buy guitars. not really to sell cuz so far, that's what people don't like about the whole thing.

now about the buying and selling of tom. he's a businessman so he really is in the business of earning so if he buys something cheap from someone who needs money then sells it a little higher than he got it, that's his right. people in the forum frown upon those who price it way over brand new price but if let's say, someone sells a boss pedal for a grand and he sells it for 2, then it's still within reason and justified. that's his business. As much as we don't like some details in the way he runs his business (going to his place, etc.), He has every right to do so. Ganun din naman buy and sell ng kotse atbp. Let's also be fair and not gang up on him just because he's in the forum not as a contributor but as a businessman. ganyan talaga yan. I don't know the guy and you'll even read in a previous post that I have some comments about him but that's it. If someone buys an Epi LP custom for 10k and sells it for 20k, magagalit din ba kayo? Hindi diba? Pag tinira nyo yung seller, sasagutin pa kayo ng ibang members na he has the right to sell it at that price. baka makawawa pa kayo diba? respeto lang kailangan natin dito, mga kapatid  :-D

If you feel like saying why is he selling so and so when the seller just sold it for (put cheap price here), just think about it. Maybe you should've bought it instead then dba?

First time to read this thread. I think the post I quoted got it right.

Business is business! Anybody heard someone who does business to get bankrupt??? Anybody heard a business where you spend time and money to buy an item and sell it at the same price or lower???

Hehe. Just my one and a half centavos. :D

Offline masterjeremiah14

« Reply #253 on: December 23, 2008, 09:53:21 PM »
i got my greco lp to him and a marshall acoustic amp. i got my penny's worth. i also sell my mt2 to him,,,, all in a very good deal

Offline pinkybrief

« Reply #254 on: December 24, 2008, 12:19:47 AM »
ano tinext, German din ba?

parang math metal mag text saka pm
Oo na, kayo na Diyos ng Philmusic

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #255 on: December 24, 2008, 05:08:03 AM »
newbie here.. i somehow know now how he deals with clients.

question:
a.) does he know the products he's selling? 
b.) when he say he's selling gibsons or fenders, is it really the product and not some copy or imitation?
c.) no misrepresentation??  or tells that all original but some parts were changed?

hope you guys, especially those who have been to his place, can answer my questions...

There have been complaints on his  text lingo and how he does business but misrepresentation isn't one of them :-)

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #256 on: December 24, 2008, 11:35:14 AM »
royc, thanks..

i have noticed that you were the one posting pics.. are you related to him??

There are numerous requests for pics of items he is selling. Unfortunately Tom is computer-challenged and he cannot do it by himself. I sometimes drop by his place to copy the pics from his digicam and post them whenever I am available.

Offline mrbrownstone

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #257 on: December 24, 2008, 05:43:11 PM »
mabait si tom, i think everybody should understand why some items have high price. you cant blame him, his guitars are like decent "one offs" and besides, he's in the buy n sell buiseness

Offline pinkybrief

« Reply #258 on: December 24, 2008, 06:19:01 PM »
*delete
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 06:20:13 PM by pinkybrief »
Oo na, kayo na Diyos ng Philmusic

Offline dehinsss

• Netizen Level
« Reply #259 on: February 02, 2009, 02:21:21 AM »
its not that hes bad or anything. Hes German and germans are a very "Planning Culture" Work is very strict and everything is on the dot. Theyre quite serious when it comes to business because work is work, and life is life, unlike us filipinos, germans dont like mixing things together.. Im a business management student minoring in German.

Business Negotiation

. Do not sit until invited and told where to sit. There is a rigid protocol to be followed.
. Meetings adhere to strict agendas, including starting and ending times.
. Treat the process with the formality that it deserves.
. Germany is heavily regulated and extremely bureaucratic.
. Germans prefer to get down to business and only engage in the briefest of small talk. They will be interested in your credentials.
. Make sure your printed material is available in both English and German.
. Contracts are strictly followed.
. You must be patient and not appear ruffled by the strict adherence to protocol. Germans are detail- oriented and want to understand every innuendo before coming to an agreement.
. Business is hierarchical. Decision-making is held at the top of the company.
. Final decisions are translated into rigorous, comprehensive action steps that you can expect will be carried out to the letter.
. Avoid confrontational behaviour or high- pressure tactics. It can be counterproductive.
. Once a decision is made, it will not be changed.

plus we have to understand this man is doing this because hes a businessman and this is his livelihood unlike many of us who only sell things to get something else from time to time thats why were used to selling and buying for very cheap prices. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 02:30:59 AM by dehinsss »

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #260 on: February 02, 2009, 02:47:51 AM »
its not that hes bad or anything. Hes German and germans are a very "Planning Culture" Work is very strict and everything is on the dot. Theyre quite serious when it comes to business because work is work, and life is life, unlike us filipinos, germans dont like mixing things together.. Im a business management student minoring in German.

Business Negotiation

. Do not sit until invited and told where to sit. There is a rigid protocol to be followed.
. Meetings adhere to strict agendas, including starting and ending times.
. Treat the process with the formality that it deserves.
. Germany is heavily regulated and extremely bureaucratic.
. Germans prefer to get down to business and only engage in the briefest of small talk. They will be interested in your credentials.
. Make sure your printed material is available in both English and German.
. Contracts are strictly followed.
. You must be patient and not appear ruffled by the strict adherence to protocol. Germans are detail- oriented and want to understand every innuendo before coming to an agreement.
. Business is hierarchical. Decision-making is held at the top of the company.
. Final decisions are translated into rigorous, comprehensive action steps that you can expect will be carried out to the letter.
. Avoid confrontational behaviour or high- pressure tactics. It can be counterproductive.
. Once a decision is made, it will not be changed.

plus we have to understand this man is doing this because hes a businessman and this is his livelihood unlike many of us who only sell things to get something else from time to time thats why were used to selling and buying for very cheap prices. 

You have a point there. Tom is a professional businessman but I think he should also adjust himself w/ our culture. Besides, he's in 'Pinas.

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #261 on: February 02, 2009, 04:04:13 AM »
You have a point there. Tom is a professional businessman but I think he should also adjust himself w/ our culture. Besides, he's in 'Pinas.

+100000000000000000

I've worked with German clients directly for over 4 yrs and it's different from how Tom conducts business or talks on the forum and from people's experiences. That statement can go for the differences in people's behavior and not entirely a culture so as much as we can take hold of "how german's are in business" I guess there should be an adjustment especially when they're the ones in another country. 

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #262 on: February 02, 2009, 09:26:09 AM »
before ma-lock to;
i find freedomtom's post annoying and confusing
=+1tbcdbfj*7$#@jf!!
he better hire a secretary :-D
nice guitars tho
Mabuhay Ang Pilipinas :-D

Offline phektus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #263 on: February 02, 2009, 10:24:08 AM »
I think he's aggressive in sweet talking his terms and pointing out your items 'shortcomings' (normal for businessmen and 'barat' types even pinoys, but he also appears to be very straightforward and frank, which I like when doing transactions.

I don't think he has to adjust to our culture, and that applies on us too. So leave him be if you have nothing to spare or have nothing to offer, but if you do, don't expect him to treat you as a paying customer.
beautiful, beautiful music

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #264 on: February 02, 2009, 11:20:11 AM »
+100000000000000000

I've worked with German clients directly for over 4 yrs and it's different from how Tom conducts business or talks on the forum and from people's experiences. That statement can go for the differences in people's behavior and not entirely a culture so as much as we can take hold of "how german's are in business" I guess there should be an adjustment especially when they're the ones in another country. 

Absolutely right! he should behave and respect the way we do when we are in other places. Since he is professional businessman as others said, I wish he should also pay taxes to the government, since our professional businessmen pay taxes too.. :-)

Offline dehinsss

• Netizen Level
« Reply #265 on: February 02, 2009, 05:48:51 PM »
"You have a point there. Tom is a professional businessman but I think he should also adjust himself w/ our culture. Besides, he's in 'Pinas."

yes exactly. i think hes a little lost hahahh

Offline ytse_neil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #266 on: February 03, 2009, 04:08:20 AM »
Mga boss tanong ko lang kung may nakabili na po ba sa inyo na guitar kay freedomtom na sira or may defect?since nung nabasa ko kasi tong thread about sa kanya eh nagalangan na ako.. :?

I bought this aria pro II road warrior to him last saturday at 6,500..orig price po nian 6.9 akala ko nga po kakagat siya sa 6k eh..Tingin nio po ba ok lang yung price na inoffer nia?or masyadong mahal? :?

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #267 on: February 03, 2009, 07:12:05 AM »
I think he's aggressive in sweet talking his terms and pointing out your items 'shortcomings' (normal for businessmen and 'barat' types even pinoys, but he also appears to be very straightforward and frank, which I like when doing transactions.

I don't think he has to adjust to our culture, and that applies on us too. So leave him be if you have nothing to spare or have nothing to offer, but if you do, don't expect him to treat you as a paying customer.

I disagree bro. He has to adjust like we all do.
It's not like 100 persons have to adjust just for 1.

Offline paolo_du

« Reply #268 on: February 03, 2009, 11:09:23 AM »
I went to his place some time ago, and yes, sobrang critical siya sa items mo, to the point that he will make you feel bad about your item, and that he will make his items look good. He contacted me about my Gibson SG, and said I should come over.

Okay naman siya, pero tip lang, wag kang papadala sa mga hirit niya, even if he says that by coming over and not buying/selling is just "wasting his time". He will say that, even if he's the one who will invite you over for a POSSIBLE deal, and nothing final. This is not a part of being a proper businessman, and contrary to how a businessman should be as one of you described what Tom is. (The "planning culture" thing) The plan is to check items for a possible deal. In fact, the time wasted is mine, and not his, as i came from four cities away, without him taking even a step out of his apartment. Also, professional businessmen deal with people well-dressed, or at least decently covered up, and not half naked. With these premises, I do not think Tom is a professional businessman.  :x

Going in strong, but with feet of clay will not work. Once you are in his turf remember to be respectful, but nonetheless, very TOUGH as well. Yun lang, no need for adjustments, except maybe a little more respect and clothing on his part. :-D
When your blanket is short, your feet will get cold.

Offline am i clear?

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #269 on: February 03, 2009, 02:26:55 PM »
Nahawa na siguro sa Pinoy Tambay culture. Topless kung topless.

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #270 on: February 03, 2009, 07:39:26 PM »
I went to his place some time ago, and yes, sobrang critical siya sa items mo, to the point that he will make you feel bad about your item, and that he will make his items look good. He contacted me about my Gibson SG, and said I should come over.

Okay naman siya, pero tip lang, wag kang papadala sa mga hirit niya, even if he says that by coming over and not buying/selling is just "wasting his time". He will say that, even if he's the one who will invite you over for a POSSIBLE deal, and nothing final. This is not a part of being a proper businessman, and contrary to how a businessman should be as one of you described what Tom is. (The "planning culture" thing) The plan is to check items for a possible deal. In fact, the time wasted is mine, and not his, as i came from four cities away, without him taking even a step out of his apartment. Also, professional businessmen deal with people well-dressed, or at least decently covered up, and not half naked. With these premises, I do not think Tom is a professional businessman.  :x

Going in strong, but with feet of clay will not work. Once you are in his turf remember to be respectful, but nonetheless, very TOUGH as well. Yun lang, no need for adjustments, except maybe a little more respect and clothing on his part. :-D

good thing you posted this. I shall not push through na haha

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #271 on: February 03, 2009, 08:55:05 PM »
i met tom twice na. nung first time, naunahan ako ng other guy pumasok so i had to wait for them to finish negotiating. after 15 mins tumigil na sila sa pag test ng guitars because di na sila nagiingay and i heard raised voices. nung una mejo casual at superficial laughters then at some point, his front door opened and the seller came out carrying his guitars and uttered, "magulo kausap yan pare!" to my face and continued to storm out. Tom smiled and said "hehehehe he's crazy".

Tom in my opinion is a negotiator. He may not be a professionally spoken business man but he is a good guitar salesman kasi thats his living here in manila and i dont think he napulot nya lang lahat ng good guitars nya. yun ang trabaho nya here and i can't really blame him if mambarat siya. he's not like us sa classifieds trying to sell our guitars just to buy a new guitar or some effects. yun talaga ang bread and butter nya dito. Otherwise he wouldn't be home halfnaked in the middle of the day!  :-D

eto para sa akin ang good points at bad points ni tom:

good points:
1. hes got lotsa guitars!
2. hes got lotsa rare and excellent guitars!
3. hes got tons of amps and effects
4. he'll take any fender or gibson or any branded guitar off your hands for the price he sees fit(regardless if you like the price or not). unlike other buyers na 'dude wait lang ah ipon lang ako'. so if he likes your guitar he'll give you his price and sell it to you agad right then and there.

bad points
1. he deals half naked!
2. he has excessive body odor
3. he sells amps with scratchy pots :lol:
4. he sells guitars he bought for 4k for 14k. as in malakas siya magpatong. he wont sell a guitar unless he sells it for more than the price he got it. yun ang napansin ko talaga sakanya.
5. he doesnt do meet ups
6. he's really good at making you feel bad about your gear
7. he's not punctual din! he told me to come at 1. i came at 1 exacto. and he made me wait outside his door until 1:25. di man lang nya ako pinapasok.

I haven't heard any 'fake' or 'knock-off' guitar stories about tom pero mukang authentic at satisfactory naman ang mga guitars na binebenta nya. A word of caution nalang. To those who will deal with him, talk to him on the phone muna and get your possible deal straight before going there. You should describe all the details of the item over the phone muna. That way, you'll know at what price you can get out of him para di na kayo mag aksaya ng time going there. I told him the price of the amp i sold him over the phone and when i went there to sell him the amp, we didn't have to beat around the bush to settle the deal anymore.

this is not pangsisira to tom in anyway. Im sure you guys know din what he's like and how he deals. just wanted to share my experiences. Tom is a cool guy din naman. If you sell him something cool and make him your friend he'll give you goodies din like pedals or other gear for free.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #272 on: February 03, 2009, 09:20:00 PM »

Okay naman siya, pero tip lang, wag kang papadala sa mga hirit niya, even if he says that by coming over and not buying/selling is just "wasting his time". He will say that, even if he's the one who will invite you over for a POSSIBLE deal, and nothing final.  :-D
[/quote]

this is what I usually heard from my friends.very informative tip bro. thanks for sharing your experience. thanks bro Dale too:-)

Offline BluesVox

« Reply #273 on: February 03, 2009, 09:28:32 PM »
tagalog tayo para di nya maintindihan... :-D

matagal ko na nakakadeal si tom wala pa yata philmusic nakakadeal ko na cya tru buy and sell mag.

actually, talagang mejo barat cya kung magbebenta ka sa kanya, pero nasa iyo nman yun kung bebenta mo or hidi yun item eh, pero talagang sure buyer yan, cyempre bisnes nya yan linya nya yan kaya experto cya sa sales talk(mambarat)

about naman sa attitude nya mejo hindi cya propesyunal kung makiharap nakahubad pa nga kung minsan at mejo maliit talaga tingin nya sa pinoy, pero ugali nya yun eh bahala cya, "sa kanya ang balik nun".

kung bibili ka nman sa kanya ok lng reasonable nman ang price, pero cyempre makikipaghilahan ka sa presyo na gusto mo at kaya mo, ganun talaga thats part of the bisnes di ba?

Offline paolo_du

« Reply #274 on: February 04, 2009, 12:28:12 AM »
good thing you posted this. I shall not push through na haha

Bro, I'm not saying do not deal with him! By all means, go to his place, and sort the deal out. Sinasabi ko lang na mag-ingat ka sa pagtanggap ng mga sinasabi niya. Marami siyang sasabihin para makalamang siya sa deal. Kung hindi ka handa dito, malalamangan ka. Yun lang naman. (Tagalog muna, tama si BluesVox)  :-D :-D

It's an experience!!! He has lots of grrreeeaaaat guitars sitting in his apartment! Maaawa ka dahil parang orphanage dun. Kulang lahat sa alaga. Parang gusto mong mag-ampon. Hehe  :-)
When your blanket is short, your feet will get cold.