hulika

Author Topic: How many of you have boutique pedals but don't own a tube amp?  (Read 31538 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
How many of you have boutique pedals but don't own a tube amp?
« on: February 22, 2008, 10:22:55 AM »
Just wanted to ask... no more no less.

:-)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 10:26:06 PM by skunkyfunk »

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: How many of you have boutique pedals but doesn't own a tube amp?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 10:36:28 AM »
Ako may tube amp... pero walang ka-pedal pedal...  :-(

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 10:37:26 AM »
Ako may tube amp... pero walang ka-pedal pedal...  :-(

That's great too.  Angus will be proud.  :mrgreen:

Offline eders19

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 11:04:46 AM »
for me, i think the very reason i don't wanna get a boutique pedal is because i'd rather spend that money on getting a tube amp (or a jc-120 haha).
with or without you...

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 11:09:10 AM »
for me, i think the very reason i don't wanna get a boutique pedal is because i'd rather spend that money on getting a tube amp (or a jc-120 haha).

get a tube amp first then buy boutique pedals after. :-D
...the strong take from the weak...but the wise take from the strong...

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 11:13:36 AM »
Kung ang tanong eh, "How many of you have boutique pedals and tube amps but don't have any guitar skill?", unang una na akong magtataas ng kamay.

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 11:15:07 AM »
Kung ang tanong eh, "How many of you have boutique pedals and tube amps but don't have any guitar skill?", unang una na akong magtataas ng kamay.

d bro a! husay mo nga e!
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 11:16:12 AM »
d bro a! husay mo nga e!

Etchos!

OT: Ano ang resulta ng DNA test, ako nga ba ang ama?  :lol:

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 11:21:23 AM »
ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 11:29:24 AM »
ditto to sir leech and Bart haha!

great points! :lol:

I bought a tube amp then some boutique pedals. if we don't consider EHX pedals as boutique then isa lang ang boutique ko. :lol:

Offline eugene3ph

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 12:11:06 PM »

sama ako dito.... ehhehehe

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 12:31:19 PM »
ako naman haha. I don't have boutique pedals nor tube amps AND I also don't have the skills hahaha  :-D :-D :-D

Offline Kulas

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 12:33:37 PM »
ako i have boutique pedals pero walang tube amp. i have a lowly roland cube 40 at home for practice, pero it takes pedals well. ang rationale ko naman kasi dun eh hindi ko naman mabibitbit yung tube amp to gigs or tugtogs eh, minsan nga yung tugtog requires me to go direct to the mixer pa. so parang kung sa bahay lang naman, ok na ako dun sa cube. though i would love to have a tube amp some day, pero hindi sha top of my priorities (priority na nga top pa, hehe) and, kung sa tinutugtugan mo eh matchless independence 35 yung gamit mo eh wala talagang tatapat na tone dun (matchless nga eh, haha) so parang might as well not. so ok na ako sa pedals muna.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 01:02:07 PM »
I used to be happy with my old 65W Marshall Valvestate 1x12 combo but when I got my hands on my first tube amp, my tastes evolved from relying on pedals for both clean and dirty sounds to just using a tube amp's clean channel then getting overdriven sounds from OD/distortion pedals. My mindset on gear has evolved again, though. I used to think that a guitarist's rig should be built around the pedals that he has on his pedalboard but I guess I was mistaken.

My approach on guitar gear now is: the guitar and the amp should constitute most of your tone and pedals, high-quality cables, accessories, etc. should just enhance the sound that you're getting from your guitar and amp.

Whaddaya know, Angus Young was right all along.. :lol:
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 01:34:54 PM »
I own a tube amp and seldom use pedals except the standard reverb and delay pedal in the effects loop because my amp doesn't have reverb. I doubt my tube driver and rc booster are still considered boutique(BTW RC booster is for sale (US buyers only)....boutique pedals I see today are like in the price range of $300 and up.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 03:19:30 PM »
Sometime the accumulation of bowteek pedals would actually sum up to a good tube amp. :-D

.... besides, di por que naka tube amp ka eh maganda tunog mo.  baka makatulong pa nga ung pedal eh...

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 03:49:56 PM »
kahit ano...di na kayo bata lahat, kaya na nyo mag desisyon ng alam niyong nararapat sa inyo.

how many of you has more tabs/transcriptions than the songs that you actually know how to play?

:roll:

Offline AthanVai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 04:04:37 PM »
...no real drive for me to get a tube amp as well... di practical eh. like what kulas said, i highly doubt that I would have enough sipag to lug a huge amp around for gigs.

maybe sometime in the future pag mega rich na ko and i can afford to pay a roadie to carry stuff for me.  :-)

so sa ngayon... pedal GAS ako.   :evil:

P.S. setting up your stuff is hard enough, tapos dala ka pa amp. dang. I hate vocalists.  :-D

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 04:09:09 PM »
when i was in the blue rats and skin, i didn't have any trouble bringing my own amp...even though it wasn't a tube amp----first amp ko ever stage 112se.

and even though it was small, still heavy enough to get my back sore....

it was worth it for me, every night i played coz i get to play a familiar amp every night.

but then again, kung may matchless nga naman sa gig...un na ang gagamitin ko :-D

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 04:42:56 PM »
Ako po walang tube amp. Got boutique pedals though. Reliant na lang ako sa amp ng pagtutugtugan. Good thing na sa church namin naka tube amp kami.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline zeus_

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 04:47:49 PM »
ang gamit ko na amp fender princeton 650 satisfied naman na ako sakanya, specialy pag gumamit naku nang botique pedal, and ang sarap din nang tunog niya pag ginamit ko na SD twin tube classic ko,ibang na talaga dating,pero much better nga talaga siguro kung tube amp with the botique pedal(xempre) :lol: hehe, yan lang muna dream amp ko!hehe :lol: yan daw ung ginamit sa guitar clinic sa yupangco,i've tried it sobrang sarap nang tunog!hehe..kahit na "walang pambili sige lang nang sige!!"haha!!  :lol:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 04:51:16 PM by zeus_ »

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 04:55:51 PM »
For me its amps amps amps. The less pedals the better. :D

I only have maybe 4 boutique pedals and honestly, only use 1 of em. Hahah. I got my zen and its been in the cabinet ever since i got it. I only go into boutique pedals after i got the amps I wanted.

As for gigs, sometimes i just bring my guitar cable amp and footswitch (boss tuner in the case) and its far more reliable than having a pedal board. I wont be doing this anymore though since Ians got my baby now. hahaha :evil:

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 05:36:31 PM »
I own a tube amp and seldom use pedals except the standard reverb and delay pedal in the effects loop because my amp doesn't have reverb. I doubt my tube driver and rc booster are still considered boutique(BTW RC booster is for sale (US buyers only)....boutique pedals I see today are like in the price range of $300 and up.

boutique pa rin ang RC booster over here..still goes at around 170-180 euros, over 200USD pa rin...

sa kin mo na lang ibenta Phil, presyong adik ha! 100USD, inclusive post hehe.

ako meron boutique peds, meron tube amp... wala lang talent.

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 05:40:25 PM »
I bought a tube amp then some boutique pedals. if we don't consider EHX pedals as boutique then isa lang ang boutique ko. :lol:

EHX is not boutique, afaik. sila pa nga ata unang nag-mass produce ng pedals bago yung BOSS. so wala akong bowteek pedals kasi 2 EHX peds ko. :-D even Damage Control pedals don't count rin as bowteek tama di ba? i own a tube amp though.

ayaw ko dati ng tube amps kasi bali-balita ko hassle daw... mabusisi sa maintenance etc. pero when i finally had the courage to buy one, i said to myself, "ba't ngayon lang ako nag-detubo after all these years?!!! is this what i've been missing?"

i remember having a conversation with Tom the German a couple of years ago when i sold some stuff to him. he was sales talking me into buying one of his tube amps, and i said no coz i prefer SS amps kasi hassle ang tube etc.. he gave me this weird look and raised an eyebrow. hahaha!

having said that, i'm still a pedal guy when it comes sa gigs. di ako magrereklamo kung SS man or tube ang gamit ko, kasi ang point ko naman sa gigs is have fun and enjoy the music i play, not obsessing about whether or not my sound is tubey enough or tone not warm enough or whatever. haha! pero sa bahay, i hardly touch my drive pedals. direct sa amp ako most of the time.
proud owner of Max Rufo custom guitars. call (02) 4427908

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 05:42:10 PM »
I dont think boutique has anything to do with price... its more about low production runs and small shop.