hulika

Author Topic: The PRS Thread...  (Read 509460 times)

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The PRS Thread...
« Reply #2750 on: May 11, 2017, 01:21:46 PM »
I have been searching for a great sounding PRS since 1989 (I salivated over his catalog as a kid in 1987 -- snail mail style).  I have tried numerous PRS everywhere.  The great majority sounded dead.  I did get to hear one that sounded great in Hong Kong in the late 90s but didn't have the money to buy it at that time.  Just like Gibson Les Pauls, only between 1-2% pass my standards.

Now, PRS is entitled to give a rational explanation as to how his guitars work or what he thinks is the right way to define a good sounding guitar BUT he just cannot build the exceptional sound and character of this specific PRS in a consistent manner which for me should be at least 80%.  That being said, I do not think ANYBODY has hit 80%. And that's why we continue to guitar hunt -- the challenge to find that special guitar that rises above which is such an elusive endeavor.

I agree. I have a friend who is a huge PRS nut and he has a whole bunch of them ranging from SE's to PHP 700k Private Stocks. I was actually hoping you guys could try each other's guitars just for kicks but too bad he is flying out in 2 weeks.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2751 on: May 12, 2017, 05:30:51 AM »
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2752 on: May 12, 2017, 07:35:06 AM »

I do appreciate the effort. I have seen this video and I have seen him give this talk LIVE.  So, thats not my point.  Every once in a awhile paul would stop the production line of his new acoustics and call out his crew to listen to a specific acoustic because it sounded so good -- incredibly better than the rest.  In the early days, electric production was that.  Today, Paul has mastered the production process and built in consistency to yield above average guitars at the expense of producing one incredible guitar.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2753 on: May 12, 2017, 07:39:59 AM »

For info.  PRS is now owned by Paul's ex-wife's lawyer who acquired the shares after a divorce settlement along with extra controlling shares purchased for majority control.  Effectively, Paul is now an employee.  So, understandably, Paul is NOT that enthusiastic with PRS anymore unlike the fanboys here.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:47:28 AM by firemodel55 »

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2754 on: May 12, 2017, 08:10:30 AM »
For info.  PRS is now owned by Paul's ex-wife's lawyer who acquired the shares after a divorce settlement along with extra controlling shares purchased for majority control.  Effectively, Paul is now an employee.  So, understandably, Paul is NOT that enthusiastic with PRS anymore unlike the fanboys here.
Never heard this before. Nothing can be found on the internet. Show me a reliable source.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2755 on: May 12, 2017, 08:21:07 AM »

Never heard this before. Nothing can be found on the internet. Show me a reliable source.

What does this have to do with your 2% claim man? Or your 7 returns 10 claim? Lol. We ain't questioning that you're PRS is special mate. Far from it. You can love it to death all you want.

OAS show us proof! hahaha. Give us a link or something man.. You're killing me man.. You're killing me! Lol!  :lol: #hilarious

I don't know about you guys but he looks pretty damn enthusiastic in this very recent video.  :-P

Oh and he brought a magic guitar! If yours sound even remotely as close to that one then man you have one awesome guitar there OAS.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 08:39:40 AM by Skybox »
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2756 on: May 12, 2017, 04:30:45 PM »

What makes you think everything can be found on the internet?

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2757 on: May 12, 2017, 04:33:22 PM »
What does this have to do with your 2% claim man? Or your 7 returns 10 claim? Lol. We ain't questioning that you're PRS is special mate. Far from it. You can love it to death all you want.

OAS show us proof! hahaha. Give us a link or something man.. You're killing me man.. You're killing me! Lol!  :lol: #hilarious

I don't know about you guys but he looks pretty damn enthusiastic in this very recent video.  :-P

Oh and he brought a magic guitar! If yours sound even remotely as close to that one then man you have one awesome guitar there OAS.

Mine is better!

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2758 on: May 12, 2017, 04:37:36 PM »
What makes you think everything can be found on the internet?
Well for starters, information like this would be public. He's also still CEO. So I call [gooey brown stuff] on you. Happy to be proved wrong, however.
https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=25005977

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2759 on: May 12, 2017, 04:50:40 PM »
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2760 on: May 12, 2017, 05:13:04 PM »
Well for starters, information like this would be public. He's also still CEO. So I call [gooey brown stuff] on you. Happy to be proved wrong, however.
https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=25005977

This would not be made public because PRS stock is NOT publicly traded on the American Stock Market.  Furthermore, Paul Reed Smith Guitars has been identified as a LIMITED PARTNERSHIP.  Even your Bloomberg link shows that the company is Private.

Notice that the Key Executives named in your Bloomberg Link does NOT include Paul's name.  Yet, we see Paul promoting products.  In my opinion, the small clues hint to a minority control on the part of Paul.  Sabi nga niya:  I had to get approval for my expense in Japan.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 05:27:44 PM by firemodel55 »

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2761 on: May 12, 2017, 05:20:13 PM »
This would not be made public because PRS stock is NOT publicly traded on the American Stock Market.  Furthermore, Paul Reed Smith Guitars has been identified as a LIMITED PARTNERSHIP.  Even your Bloomberg link shows that the company is Private.
I still don't believe you. About any of this, really. I'm calling you out for trolling.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2762 on: May 12, 2017, 05:21:11 PM »

Dude we get it. Your PRS is the best PRS ever built. Don't worry. We get it. Lol!  :lol:

I bet you it's the first and only one in the Philippines too. *wink wink*
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2763 on: May 12, 2017, 05:22:37 PM »
I still don't believe you. About any of this, really. I'm calling you out for trolling.

Easy man, we don't want to get the guy banned for a second time! We love having him here.  :-D
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2764 on: May 12, 2017, 05:27:14 PM »
Dude we get it. Your PRS is the best PRS ever built. Don't worry. We get it. Lol!  :lol:

I bet you it's the first and only one in the Philippines too. *wink wink*

One OF the best PRS ever built!  Yeah.

Huwag kayo magpa loko sa JB at mga fan boys na hulog damdamin sa PRS. Ito lang ang message ko.  May magandang PRS pero sobra sobrang hirap hanapin.  So, Good Luck on your guitar hunt.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2765 on: May 12, 2017, 05:31:31 PM »
Easy man, we don't want to get the guy banned for a second time! We love having him here.  :-D

Anong PRS pala ang mayroon ka? 

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2766 on: May 12, 2017, 05:33:37 PM »

So, if I have an opposing view; I am called out for trolling? 

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2767 on: May 12, 2017, 05:38:12 PM »
Actually, iyon nga ang problema sa Japan market.  Way behind na ang benta ng PRS laban sa Gibson Custom Shop and Fender Custom Shop.  Humihina na.

I told my Japanese friend, that a GREAT sounding PRS which is so so so hard to find has its own character and sound that is up there with the best Gibsons and Fenders.  And between the three brands, mas comfortable and balanced ang PRS.

Offline Screamous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2768 on: May 12, 2017, 05:40:28 PM »
So it's more of a bulyaw then?

IDK why'd i find this funny.. :eek:
Masters are once an apprentice

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2769 on: May 12, 2017, 05:58:50 PM »
So, if I have an opposing view; I am called out for trolling?
No, everyone is entitled to an opinion. But keep in mind it is just that. Your opinion. You may have a great guitar. it's a PRS. Good for you. Welcome to the club.  But claiming that 98% of guitars out of the factory are "dead" is just ridiculous. It also makes me question why you wanted one in the first place. If thinking that your '93 custom is MIRACULOUSLY better, or RARER than any other out of factory helps you sleep better at night, great. But don't make it out that it's so much and rarer and better than everyone else's.

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2770 on: May 12, 2017, 05:59:36 PM »

Notice that the Key Executives named in your Bloomberg Link does NOT include Paul's name.  Yet, we see Paul promoting products.  In my opinion, the small clues hint to a minority control on the part of Paul.  Sabi nga niya:  I had to get approval for my expense in Japan.
He is still the CEO. It's on the website. My god.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2771 on: May 12, 2017, 09:56:20 PM »
Anong PRS pala ang mayroon ka?

One of the 98% out there that sounds dead. Why do you suddenly care? Just stick to the 2% you so love. #BoomPanes
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2772 on: May 12, 2017, 10:03:05 PM »
One OF the best PRS ever built!  Yeah.

Huwag kayo magpa loko sa JB at mga fan boys na hulog damdamin sa PRS. Ito lang ang message ko.  May magandang PRS pero sobra sobrang hirap hanapin.  So, Good Luck on your guitar hunt.

Alex you're dead wrong. You're out of line.
Your PRS is the best PRS ever built.
Not even Carlos Santana's Salmon can beat it.
 You can play a note on it, go grab a bite and
 it will still be sustaining. Don't even try to put
 down your PRS like it's just one OF many
 others. Aligned ka kay Clif remember?  :-D

P.S. Don't you even dare think that we are still
 looking for them. They are so rare that only
you are the one who can find them at the
 bottom of the ocean somewhere.
Here's some news for you Alex, we.. stopped.. hunting. Period. Why? Because of you.........

................ :nosebleed:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 10:25:50 PM by Skybox »
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2773 on: May 12, 2017, 10:16:52 PM »
IDK why'd i find this funny.. :eek:

Bulyaw is the next level of hiyaw man. #BulyawanNa
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline knet370

« Reply #2774 on: May 12, 2017, 10:40:48 PM »
though i'm an ibanez fanboy but everyone's gotta have atleast 1 prs. a custom dealer order from spain way back '07 iirc. this one plays great and sounds massive. pardon the dirty grahe shots. happy to have somebody here try and assess it baka sakali makapasok sa the 2%. hehe.