hulika

Author Topic: The PRS Thread...  (Read 505675 times)

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The PRS Thread...
« Reply #2800 on: May 13, 2017, 07:36:01 AM »
My PRS is part of the 2%.  So kung 700 guitars a month ang production ni PRS since 1996, there are at least 33,600 great sounding PRS out there.

Ikaw nga ang out of line claim.  Claim mo killer guitars ang anim mong PRS may dalawang SE pa.   Bakit tingin mo ba lahat ng ibang Carlos Santana ay maganda?  Ang daming panget na tunog na PRS na Carlos Santana.

Aligned ako kay Cliff?  Sinong Cliff?  Si Cliff Cultreri?  Wala naman siyang kinalaman sa pag bili ko ng PRS.   

By the way, who is the 'we' stopped hunting?  Akala ko ba inaabangan mo ang papakawalan ni Howard Leese?  Sana naman PRS na lang ni Ted Nugent.  Not to put down Howard Leese, pero mas nagpapa hiyaw si Ted kaysa sa kanya.

Masuwerte lang ako at may pasensiya kaya ako nakahanap ng magandang PRS.

Man, your taste in guitars is admirable but your reading comprehension sucks haha.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2801 on: May 13, 2017, 08:02:53 AM »
That specific 57 lpc is with me now. And i say, it sounds and plays awesome!
+1 :)

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2802 on: May 13, 2017, 08:03:33 AM »
Man, your taste in guitars is admirable but your reading comprehension sucks haha.

Yeah... so.  Do you have a PRS? SE lang hindi ka pa makabili.  Fender ka nga mexico at japan pero kung magsalita as if marunong.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 08:16:27 AM by firemodel55 »

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2803 on: May 13, 2017, 10:20:24 AM »
Yeah... so.  Do you have a PRS? SE lang hindi ka pa makabili.  Fender ka nga mexico at japan pero kung magsalita as if marunong.

The problem with you Mr. BANN3D BAD BOI is you assume that everyone shows off their best guitars here in Philmusic. I'd like to see your face while you watch me make your sorry PRS moan like a b*tch in ways you can never do. You think you've seen all of rnodern's guitars?  Ha! Your PRS costs as much as the tuners on his Private Stock lol. Enjoy your 2% guitars with your DEAD-SOUNDING FINGERS.  :lol:
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2804 on: May 13, 2017, 10:25:11 AM »
Just a few highly figured tops. '89 CE 24 10 top vintage burst, '03 CU 24 10 top blue matteo, '08 CU 24 quilt top violin amber burst. '07 CE 22 high gloss black, black birds, maple fretboard. Kinda like these ones better.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 04:07:54 PM by rnodern »

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2805 on: May 13, 2017, 10:35:23 AM »
The problem with you Mr. BANN3D BAD BOI is you assume that everyone shows off their best guitars here in Philmusic. I'd like to see your face while you watch me make your sorry PRS moan like a b*tch in ways you can never do. You think you've seen all of rnodern's guitars?  Ha! Your PRS costs as much as the tuners on his Private Stock lol. Enjoy your 2% guitars with your DEAD-SOUNDING FINGERS. 
It's insured and I'm definitely not travelling with it. But it's a beautiful McCarty single cut. It sounds amazing, but I'll probably only play it at home or in a studio. Family heirloom type thing.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2806 on: May 13, 2017, 10:58:54 AM »
It's insured and I'm definitely not travelling with it. But it's a beautiful McCarty single cut. It sounds amazing, but I'll probably only play it at home or in a studio. Family heirloom type thing.

Sadly mate, even though it costs close to a million pesos, it is only part of the 98% hahahaha.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2807 on: May 13, 2017, 03:43:40 PM »
Wow!! awesome PRS guitars! Nice PS! Wish i could have one too. A private stock SC 594 with LP 1959 specs(braz board, old growth honduras mahogany and all). :drool:
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline knet370

« Reply #2808 on: May 13, 2017, 05:58:49 PM »
wow this thread has gotten interesting all of a sudden. or dahil baka di lang ako nag backread ng sobra or wala alam at all whats going on here. anyway after giving it a thought about that coveted "2%", during the years of my travel and visited big and small stores abroad, i did play a couple of prs that sounded different with each other. even with the same specs and all. but i wouldnt call it dead. probably id call it a different character in tone. i wouldnt consider a darker tone as dead nor a bright sounded one dead aswell likewise something in the middle. for example, these are a couple of prs that i tried for hours at guitar showcase at one at nick's guitars:

this one sounded bright unplugged but when plugged in to a mesa lonestar it sounded massive. still bright and twangy at 12oclock settings.

this one sounded darker. still on a lonestar with same setting but i liked how dark sounding it is. almost similar to their hollowbody. sounded louder aswell than the previous one.

this one at nick's of axepalace (a personal friend of mine. we're neighbors) that i bought sometime around '09 that i traded eventually for a suhr(because i didnt have a suhr back then and wanted to have one). sounded dark aswell but not as dark as the second one. plugged in to an archon at 12oclock sounds massive. sustains great. nice attack.

bottomline is, if somebody would ask me which one's i liked best, id probably say i want them all if given the financial capability. :) all sounded unique. both plugged in and unplugged. but many factors to consider: different pickups, the amp it was plugged into , strings used. etc etc.

tl;dr
none sounded dead to me atleast. it sounded different from each other.

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2809 on: May 13, 2017, 06:16:05 PM »
wow this thread has gotten interesting all of a sudden. or dahil baka di lang ako nag backread ng sobra or wala alam at all whats going on here. anyway after giving it a thought about that coveted "2%", during the years of my travel and visited big and small stores abroad, i did play a couple of prs that sounded different with each other. even with the same specs and all. but i wouldnt call it dead. probably id call it a different character in tone. i wouldnt consider a darker tone as dead nor a bright sounded one dead aswell likewise something in the middle. for example, these are a couple of prs that i tried for hours at guitar showcase at one at nick's guitars:

this one sounded bright unplugged but when plugged in to a mesa lonestar it sounded massive. still bright and twangy at 12oclock settings.

this one sounded darker. still on a lonestar with same setting but i liked how dark sounding it is. almost similar to their hollowbody. sounded louder aswell than the previous one.

this one at nick's of axepalace (a personal friend of mine. we're neighbors) that i bought sometime around '09 that i traded eventually for a suhr(because i didnt have a suhr back then and wanted to have one). sounded dark aswell but not as dark as the second one. plugged in to an archon at 12oclock sounds massive. sustains great. nice attack.

bottomline is, if somebody would ask me which one's i liked best, id probably say i want them all if given the financial capability. :) all sounded unique. both plugged in and unplugged. but many factors to consider: different pickups, the amp it was plugged into , strings used. etc etc.

tl;dr
none sounded dead to me atleast. it sounded different from each other.
That's a sweet Floyd. What colour do they call that? And yes, agreed. Different. Different characteristics and tone.

Offline knet370

« Reply #2810 on: May 13, 2017, 06:29:55 PM »
That's a sweet Floyd. What colour do they call that? And yes, agreed. Different. Different characteristics and tone.

if iirc, it was obsidian black.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2811 on: May 14, 2017, 06:58:32 AM »
The problem with you Mr. BANN3D BAD BOI is you assume that everyone shows off their best guitars here in Philmusic. I'd like to see your face while you watch me make your sorry PRS moan like a b*tch in ways you can never do. You think you've seen all of rnodern's guitars?  Ha! Your PRS costs as much as the tuners on his Private Stock lol. Enjoy your 2% guitars with your DEAD-SOUNDING FINGERS.  :lol:

So, where is your PRS?

In fact, you should also NOT assume that I do NOT have other guitars as good or better than my PRS that I don't post.  As I said before, there are as many bad sounding PRS private stock as there are bad sounding non-private stock PRS guitars. 

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2812 on: May 14, 2017, 11:00:27 AM »
So, where is your PRS?

In fact, you should also NOT assume that I do NOT have other guitars as good or better than my PRS that I don't post.  As I said before, there are as many bad sounding PRS private stock as there are bad sounding non-private stock PRS guitars.
Just so you know, when we read your posts, we are replacing the word "bad" and "dead" with different. Type of wood used for tops, bodies and fingerboards, grain of the wood, difference in densities (even from mahogany body to mahogany body), all provide subtle differences to characteristics of tone. Is one worse than another? No. It's subjective to the ears.. PRS go to great lengths to ensure all other variables are tightly controlled. Glues, bridge construction, neck joints, tuners (btw, change your phase 1 locking tuners to phase 2 or 3. They're way better).
 I'm assuming you may have destroyed your ears playing in schitty small studios and band rooms at stupid volumes without proper ear protection. And maybe even use poxy in ear headphones which shred your hearing, period.
You remind me of a guy back in Melbourne; a snooty middle aged mixer, who's been in the business a long time. He always complains about how bad everything sounds. From mastered recordings to even other mixers in other venues. Standing with him in the booth giving him a few instructions about  our set before going on stage, I finally realised what the problem was. He remarked proudly about how well he'd mixed the current playing  band. I looked at him in disbelief. The mix was horrible. It was hugely dramatised in the high end frequencies. He'd pushed the high frequencies to shrill terrible levels, just so, to him, it didn't sound "dead". In reality, he phucked his hearing so bad because, like an idiot, he didn't protect the one thing he needed for his chosen career.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2813 on: May 14, 2017, 11:25:22 AM »
Just so you know, when we read your posts, we are replacing the word "bad" and "dead" with different. Type of wood used for tops, bodies and fingerboards, grain of the wood, difference in densities (even from mahogany body to mahogany body), all provide subtle differences to characteristics of tone. Is one worse than another? No. It's subjective to the ears.. PRS go to great lengths to ensure all other variables are tightly controlled. Glues, bridge construction, neck joints, tuners (btw, change your phase 1 locking tuners to phase 2 or 3. They're way better).
 [ So if PRS goes to great lengths, why do all their guitars sound 'different' as you say? Can you truly say that two PRS of the same make, composition, finish, hardware, and electronics one serial apart will sound the same? Given your logic, what then makes a SE sound different from a USA?]
I'm assuming you may have destroyed your ears playing in schitty small studios and band rooms at stupid volumes without proper ear protection. And maybe even use poxy in ear headphones which shred your hearing, period.
[Wrong.  My ears are perfectly fine unlike yours which are deaf since birth.]

You remind me of a guy back in Melbourne; a snooty middle aged mixer, who's been in the business a long time. He always complains about how bad everything sounds. From mastered recordings to even other mixers in other venues. Standing with him in the booth giving him a few instructions about  our set before going on stage, I finally realised what the problem was. He remarked proudly about how well he'd mixed the current playing  band. I looked at him in disbelief. The mix was horrible. It was hugely dramatised in the high end frequencies. He'd pushed the high frequencies to shrill terrible levels, just so, to him, it didn't sound "dead". In reality, he phucked his hearing so bad because, like an idiot, he didn't protect the one thing he needed for his chosen career.
[You remind me of Aussies who are too full of themselves even if they are in a foreign country.]

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:34:58 AM by firemodel55 »

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2814 on: May 14, 2017, 11:29:19 AM »
So, where is your PRS?

Why would you be interested to know? It's part of the dead sounding majority. Go and fondle your 2% guitar till you go blind. We all know 98% of 12 yr olds sound better than you. And that includes the ones who dont even play guitar  :-D
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2815 on: May 14, 2017, 11:35:45 AM »
Why would you be interested to know? It's part of the dead sounding majority. Go and fondle your 2% guitar till you go blind. We all know 98% of 12 yr olds sound better than you. And that includes the ones who dont even play guitar  :-D

Simple... You are OOT.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2816 on: May 14, 2017, 11:37:25 AM »
Just a few highly figured tops. '89 CE 24 10 top vintage burst, '03 CU 24 10 top blue matteo, '08 CU 24 quilt top violin amber burst. '07 CE 22 high gloss black, black birds, maple fretboard. Kinda like these ones better.

I suggest you use a better camera or change the angle of the shot to better show the DEPTH of the figure of your tops.  The angle shows too much reflection. 

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2817 on: May 14, 2017, 11:40:58 AM »
I suggest you use a better camera or change the angle of the shot to better show the DEPTH of the figure of your tops.  The angle shows too much reflection.
Haha I'm not jumping through hoops for you

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2818 on: May 14, 2017, 11:41:41 AM »

I think it is you who needs a better camera. Even the veneer tops on his SEs look better than the chicken scrathes on your precious PRS you call flames.  :-D
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2819 on: May 14, 2017, 11:45:50 AM »
Simple... You are OOT.

Big words from a guy who has been banned from this forum hohoho.  :-D
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2820 on: May 14, 2017, 11:57:40 AM »
I'm not taking more, but I found an older one. 10 top quilt. Weep.its beautiful

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2821 on: May 14, 2017, 12:03:15 PM »

Yet another angle of the top with different action.  From this shot, observe the 3D ridge like figure of the top.

Them chicken scratches aint even bookmatched lol. Are you sure this isnt a fotoflame? Lol
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2822 on: May 14, 2017, 12:06:56 PM »
Them chicken scrathes aint even bookmatched lol. Are you sure this isnt a fotoflame? Lol
I'm not concerned about the book matching. It seems.... Okay. What I am concerned with is the figuring towards the outer edges on the carve. You can see that it looses definition and flame. This doesn't look like a 10 top. The seller may have been ripping you off man.

Offline knet370

« Reply #2823 on: May 14, 2017, 12:18:41 PM »
heres a closer look.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2824 on: May 14, 2017, 12:34:47 PM »
I'm not concerned about the book matching. It seems.... Okay. What I am concerned with is the figuring towards the outer edges on the carve. You can see that it looses definition and flame. This doesn't look like a 10 top. The seller may have been ripping you off man.

My thoughts exactly!!! We would all be fooling ourselves if we believed that this is AAA let alone a 10 top. Somebody got ripped off fo shizzle!  :-D
#DigitalHiyaw