hulika

Author Topic: There's no excuse for playing a bad cover....  (Read 28772 times)

Offline kernelsalonpas

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: There's no excuse for playing a bad cover....
« Reply #250 on: April 17, 2012, 02:30:17 PM »
Agreed on what abyss said. And at any given period, a band or an individual progresses, and madaming factors to consider besides self-practice, techniques, theories... even when covering songs.
no pic, no advise...

Offline MjIoLhLaEnR

« Reply #251 on: April 20, 2012, 08:26:41 PM »
I guess everybody started from trash then progressed along the way.  Doing what you love to do is more than enough reason. 
Personally I don't care about those damaging criticisms, as long as I love what I am doing.  As they say "If you have nothing good to say, better Shut Up"

I am not a good guitar player, I am a newbie, but I love doing it!
" I am not a master of my instrument, I am just an Instrument of the Master "
                                            -  MjIoLhLaEnR

Offline MrGobots

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #252 on: April 20, 2012, 10:56:22 PM »
buhay na naman this thread?

eto na lang
http://remyhansen.com/My_Story.html
Like I said, after the first years of “ just ” playing Chords, I was blown away by Guns n’ Roses! I took the Tablature book, and started playing everything it said in there! I WOULDN”T settle for less! It had to be exactly what the book said. No Stripped down ( easier) version of that. That’s also something I say to Everybody who asks me how I play or practise: First Play it EXACTLY like it is, before trying to do it your own way! That way you’ll become acquainted with all the styles and techniques used out there, before ending up with something that’s not really it! Sure, there are exceptions! But Hey, I guess there’s no new Eddie’s or Yngwie’s or Jimi’s out there right now! If you know what I mean!

Then there’s /was always people telling me to play from the heart!( they don’t tell me that anymore...) What the hell does that mean?! When people play I guess they Always play from the heart ! You put your soul your everything into it! Even if you don’t know your theory whatsoever. The way YOU play makes it special! Even if you’re covering a song...

then , in 1986 was the release of the Movie “ Crossroads” , starring Karate kid : Ralph Macchio, and some other folks. One of them made his apearance at the end of the movie playing : Jack Butler! Little I knew at that time it turned out to be one of my all time favourite Musicians( Yes , Musicians!) : Steve Vai! Man ! Those Clasical sounding Arpeggio’s of the Final battle blew me Away! I didn’t know how he played that! Even with my good ol’ Ibanez Rock and Play, I couldn’t hear it...
‘cause all that I’d been doing was playing Pentatonic stuff and some scales which I didn’t know the Names of...
So I decided to look beyond the Gibson Les Paul guitars I saw on MTV Musicvideos, I went to look in Musicshops for Cooler guitars with 24 frets! I fell in love With the IBANEZ JEM! The one with the straight monkey grip all black with piramid inlays!
This was the guitar I needed to go further on my musical quest!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
- Oscar Wilde

Offline monsterbot

« Reply #253 on: April 23, 2012, 11:27:19 AM »
If you want perfect cover, isasak mo na lang ipod mo sa pa with the real band playing or magvideoke na lang kayo. :-D

Offline Hawkeye84

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #254 on: February 05, 2016, 10:34:14 AM »
May point yung originator ng topic na ito... lahat ng mga guitarista na hindi skilled sa pagsipra ng note-for-note ay natural lang na di sasang-ayon... Simply because they lack the necessary skills to do it... In effect, they make this lame excuse na walang kwenta ang sumipra ng plakado... Kaya for artistic purposes, kuno, they would rather make original material kesa sumipra ng todo...