hulika

Author Topic: Two Rock Crystal Clear Guitar Cable -- the best so far  (Read 37868 times)

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
Two Rock Crystal Clear Guitar Cable -- the best so far
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2006, 08:36:20 PM »
Deltaslim,

Some know better than others.  Ikaw, mas marami ang alam mo sa akin sa Blues and Slide.  In some other way, mas alam ko siguro ang metal kaysa sa iyo.  But when I say that the Two Rock is different, it is.  Tawagan mo na lang nga ngayon si Arie ang kabanda mo.  Tingnan mo kung sasabihin niya na pareho lang iyan kagaya ng ibang cable.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2006, 09:39:55 PM »
If i can actually try the item out at a store before buying it, I might try it. Might. But the fact that the item is not readily carried by stores, cost 200 bucks for 15 feet is a bit much for me to spend money like that purely on faith...even if it is only a fraction of how much my amp head costs. I have had good experiences with Mogami and Monster because they are pretty reliable, affordable (relatively), and if they break from someone pulling on them, I won't feel too bad. I don't really draw the line at Monster and Mogami but all I am saying is there are some pieces some gear like cables being sold out there that makes me very skeptical of how much they can really do. This skepticism is amplified even more when the cost skyrockets that much for, basically, just a piece of wire.

Would I be better off with a cheap, no name brand? Maybe. But I know that I can hear and see the difference in a really low quality cable versus a well made one which is why I shifted.

If I can try one out at a store first, then maybe I would consider buying it. Again, I would have to be made a believer first because tone, as everyone knows, is a subjective thing. what might sound clear to one person might not make a big difference to me given my current choice of cable.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Chito

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2006, 10:02:05 PM »
I can see the reasoning behind all these cable talk. I used to hangout with audiophiles in my past life :) who were anal about stuff like cables, power supplies, connectors, etc. And honestly I believe that there is a big difference in using the more expensive and specialized cables as opposed to the cheaper low quality ones. But I also think that sometimes it gets to a point of overkill. The difference between using for instance a Monster cable as opposed to a Two Rock cable is probably not even discernable to most people. I'm sure it would be noticeable in a recording environment but other than that do you really think that there would be a huge difference in sound when using it live? I don't think so. But again, discussions regarding gears are all always subjective.

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2006, 10:40:57 PM »
Quote from: Chito
discussions regarding gears are all always subjective.

true. i don't see why playing the guitar had to get so fcking complicated with what kind of tone you have and whatnot. everyone should just shut up and play. peace!  :wink:

Offline Ag3nt

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2006, 10:53:13 PM »
Quote from: oasgomez
Ag3nt,

I really post the price to make people like you who do nothing but insult others feel bad.  Just to prove to you na nasa baba ka ng signal chain.  Sige nga, ang lakas mo mag insulto, anong cable mo?

i don't need an expensive cable for me to sound good in stage. that's all i can say.  :lol:

one more thing, you don't have to put those sky high prices to insult people like me, mas lalo ka lang nagmumukhang mayabang sa ginagawa mo.  :lol:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2006, 10:58:33 PM »
Deltaslim,

Some know better than others.  Ikaw, mas marami ang alam mo sa akin sa Blues and Slide.  In some other way, mas alam ko siguro ang metal kaysa sa iyo.  But when I say that the Two Rock is different, it is.  Tawagan mo na lang nga ngayon si Arie ang kabanda mo.  Tingnan mo kung sasabihin niya na pareho lang iyan kagaya ng ibang cable.

Oas - I don't doubt that you know more about metal than I do. I don't doubt either that, to YOU, Two Rock is the best gtr cable in the universe.  In fact nobody is challenging you on which is the best cable. It seems other people have their own reasons for choosing other cable, incl. cost, durability, flexiblity, convenience, etc.  It's kyna moot, actually.

Offline Ag3nt

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2006, 11:03:13 PM »
he's so rich he could buy anything thinking it would make him sound good. he know's metal more than anyone else... metal. literally.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline markflo

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2006, 11:16:19 PM »
do you really have to have the cleanest clearest tone when playing metal? i mean, c'mon...it's METAL!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2006, 11:55:56 PM »
Quote from: markflo
do you really have to have the cleanest clearest tone when playing metal? i mean, c'mon...it's METAL!

Tumpak
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2006, 11:55:57 PM »

Tumpak
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2006, 07:10:09 AM »
Machine_Head,

You can pass by Arie's house on Friday paghatid ni Lito ng Diezel Herbert na converted na sa 220 volts.  Nandoon ang amp and cabinet, plus the Two Rock.  Bring your guitar and try it out.  Check out Arie at www.guitarhospital.net.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2006, 07:11:22 AM »
Deltaslim,

I also extend the invitation to you since you have not yet tried the Diezel Herbert and the Two Rock and yet you seem to already have an opinion. :(

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2006, 07:14:57 AM »
Boss Chito,

I myself was skeptical.  Talagang malaking effect ng Two Rock compared to other cables.  It is not a subtle effect specially if you are using very good amps.  What it does cannot be duplicated by any effects pedal on earth.  It is not just timbre variation or tonal high cut or low cut.  It is so hard to describe.

Offline markflo

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2006, 07:16:31 AM »
dude, ba't parang na kay arie lahat ng gamit mo? kapitbahay ba kayo? live-in? domestic partnership? partners in crime? partners for life? best buds? just curious...

:D

Machine_Head,

You can pass by Arie's house on Friday paghatid ni Lito ng Diezel Herbert na converted na sa 220 volts.  Nandoon ang amp and cabinet, plus the Two Rock.  Bring your guitar and try it out.  Check out Arie at www.guitarhospital.net.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2006, 07:19:18 AM »
Deltaslim,

I only claim the Two Rock to be the best cable that I HAVE TRIED AT THIS POINT IN TIME, SO FAR...  I am not discounting the fact that this will change in the future but it seems you have already decided in finality.

Now I know that there are other factors that people decide on when selecting cables but since there is a Two Rock cable for you to try out within your band, you have not even taken interest to try out and re-assess your stance.  Now if you still stick by your stance then fine but at least you tried it out.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2006, 07:27:21 AM »
Markflo,

Boss natatandaan ka pa ni Arie na customer niya.  Nasa California ka na ba ngayon?  Akala niya na sa Pinas ka pa.

Actually, he is my gear buddy.  And he really has good ears -- one of the best in the Philippines.  But more importantly, he taught me how to differentiate/identify a great sounding guitar from a poor and average sounding guitar.   He has so many insights that I wish his customers should ask him more about.  If his customers would just talk to arie and stop listening to paid advertising and sales pitch from the music stores here in pinas, it would solve 90% of his customer's tone problems.  We have lots of common things to talk about: guitars, amps, food and guns.  He used to be a gunsmith pero ayaw na niya gumawa ngayon.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2006, 07:39:32 AM »
Deltaslim,

I only claim the Two Rock to be the best cable that I HAVE TRIED AT THIS POINT IN TIME, SO FAR...  I am not discounting the fact that this will change in the future but it seems you have already decided in finality.

Now I know that there are other factors that people decide on when selecting cables but since there is a Two Rock cable for you to try out within your band, you have not even taken interest to try out and re-assess your stance.  Now if you still stick by your stance then fine but at least you tried it out.

Hay naku, Oas. You keep putting words in my mouth. Who said I've decided on ANYTHING in finality?  Ako pa, e ika mo nga "I haven't settled on my sense of taste"... for me it's all in the interest of "research."  Alam mo naman ako, pag nasa harap ko na yang amp, guitar, etc... at pwedeng gamitin, no problem.  Pero kailangan ba ngayon na, agad agad, at tatawagan ko pa si Arie just for that?   :-)

C'mon man, lighten up. Sometimes you take this gear stuff too seriously.  Just my honest but friendly advise/opinion.

Besides why would my opinion on the matter be that important? Better to ask the real tone experts/snobs/nazis here. I happen to think I have a wide tolerance range for gear and tone.  Ako, pag pwede na, pwede na.

I have two words for you: Pareto principle... To me that last 20% of tone is not worth the 80% of effort.

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2006, 08:10:12 AM »
dude, ba't parang na kay arie lahat ng gamit mo? kapitbahay ba kayo? live-in? domestic partnership? partners in crime? partners for life? best buds? just curious...

:D

Machine_Head,

oas buys.. arie plays.. good partnership.. i wish i was arie.. i get to keep/play/use toys i dont own! :D

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2006, 08:11:05 AM »
If his customers would just talk to arie and stop listening to paid advertising and sales pitch from the music stores here in pinas, it would solve 90% of his customer's tone problems.

isnt this what you do? read the thread re buying from that place in NY. :?

weird..

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2006, 08:22:50 AM »
touche'
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline Ag3nt

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2006, 08:31:14 AM »
swerte ni arie ah, nagagamit nya lahat ng binibili mo, sobrang generous mo ata, parang ang labo tignan non, bibili ka ng pinakamahal na amp na mabibili mo tapos basta basta mo lang ipapagamit? get real, pwede mangyari yon pero malabo pa rin.

He used to be a gunsmith pero ayaw na niya gumawa ngayon.

actually, nakasulat yan sa website, tsaka isa pa, di namin tinatanong.

We have lots of common things to talk about

eh di ang tagal nyo magpayabangan?

I only claim the Two Rock to be the best cable that I HAVE TRIED AT THIS POINT IN TIME, SO FAR...

kaya naman pala pilit mong pinagmamalaki eh, try to use other cables, sasabihin mong "i still suck at playing", at marerealize mong kahit gano kamahal ang gamit mo, di ka gagaling.  :lol:

at isa pa, tama si markflo, alam mo ba ibig sabihin ng metal? why do you need the cleanest, clearest possible tone that you could get? tsk tsk tsk. tapos sasabihin mo hindi ka nagyayabang and you know metal more than anyone else.

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2006, 09:01:36 AM »
Quote from: titser_marco

Tumpak

oo nga. how do you judge for the most transparent and cleanest tone kung metal pala ang tugtugan mo???
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2006, 09:09:49 AM »
"It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force... but by our skills with a lightsaber."-Count Dooku

swak ba? :D
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2006, 09:20:11 AM »
swak! :mrgreen:

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2006, 09:24:25 AM »
May the Pingers be with you!