hulika

Author Topic: Two Rock Crystal Clear Guitar Cable -- the best so far  (Read 38248 times)

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
Two Rock Crystal Clear Guitar Cable -- the best so far
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2006, 10:11:35 AM »
ano kaya noh..
guitar na laser ang strings..

VWOOM VWOOM!!

ehehehe
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2006, 11:04:33 AM »
guitar na laser ang strings? eh di isang chord pa lang wala ka ng daliring gagamitin para magfret ng next chord hehe.. tsktsk sabi na nga ba e lumaki na naman tong issue na to  :shock:
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2006, 12:34:14 PM »
Quote from: lykenhowl
May the Pingers be with you!

Langya. Natawa ako dyan sa comment mo, Lyke. Hehe. That was funny, man :lol:  Basta nag hugas lang, ah, hahaha :lol:

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2006, 12:42:00 PM »
ang kukulit nyo. :lol:  :mrgreen:
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2006, 12:47:44 PM »
Deltaslim,

"Having used George L's in the past, I concur that cables have an impact on tone (whether it's the effect that you need or not is the more important question). But the flexibility and durability of cables for coiling and gigging is more important to me so I sold my George L's."  

What I am saying is that try out the Two Rock because you may reconsider your previous criteria for selecting cables which I assumed was finality but at least you cleared that up.  

When you have the basic foundations of good sounding equipment, pareto does not apply.  I am saying exponential ang effect ng good sounding cable on good sounding amp and good sounding guitar.  Kung pareto ang sinusundan mo ibig sabihin may problema either gitara mo or your amp or your effects or all.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2006, 12:58:46 PM »
Ag3nt,

I was explaining why I am good friends with Arie and guns is something we have a common interest for.  As a good friend, I let him use some of my stuff because there are other stuff I use.  And since Arie likes the Herbert and Vox, I station it with Arie. Ganoon ka simple.  I still have at least 10 other tube amps to plug into on a daily basis.  

Obviously, you do not understand what a good cable adds to a straight jack good sounding metal amp with a good sounding guitar.  It adds more drive on the distortion/lead channel because more guitar signal is hitting the front end.  It also softens the sound and the whole set up becomes less stiff sounding.  Also, I said the sound is clearer which means more defined ang notes, chords and pick attack which obviously you do not also understand because you might not have heard it and it has never occurred to you which makes me think that you only have a basic knowledge of what good sounding distortion should sound like.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2006, 01:18:03 PM »
Quote from: oasgomez
When you have the basic foundations of good sounding equipment, pareto does not apply.  I am saying exponential ang effect ng good sounding cable on good sounding amp and good sounding guitar.  Kung pareto ang sinusundan mo ibig sabihin may problema either gitara mo or your amp or your effects or all.

Pareto applies if and when I want it to because it is a general concept and an everyday tool for decision making, not something related to gear itself.  If I can get 80% of my goal (eg, object tone) with 20% effort, and it would take me 80% more effort just to squeeze the last 20%, I think obvious naman ang sagot dun for a practical person w/ common sense.

But, you are right, maraming problema ang mga gtr, amp, fx, pati technique ko.  Daming areas for improvement.  Pero wala namang perfect e.  Ang tanong is whether it bothers me enough to do something about it.

Would you yourself claim na perfect yang mga gear mo?

Offline Ag3nt

« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2006, 01:20:13 PM »
I was explaining why I am good friends with Arie and guns is something we have a common interest for.  As a good friend, I let him use some of my stuff because there are other stuff I use.  And since Arie likes the Herbert and Vox, I station it with Arie. Ganoon ka simple.

swerte naman ng "good friend" mo, daig ka pa, sya nagagamit nya ung amp mo, ikaw hinde, you two should marry each other.

I still have at least 10 other tube amps to plug into on a daily basis.

anong signal ka ba talaga at baka pati pag-asa eh hindi kayanin signal mo?  :shock:

Obviously, you do not understand what a good cable adds to a straight jack good sounding metal amp with a good sounding guitar.

no, i do understand, its you who don't understand na nayayanig ang philmusic sa lakas ng hangin mo.

It adds more drive on the distortion/lead channel because more guitar signal is hitting the front end.  It also softens the sound and the whole set up becomes less stiff sounding.  Also, I said the sound is clearer which means more defined ang notes, chords and pick attack which obviously you do not also understand because you might not have heard it and it has never occurred to you which makes me think that you only have a basic knowledge of what good sounding distortion should sound like.

i don't need lessons from you, like i said, i don't need those expensive equipments for me to sound good. eka nga ng friends ko... "dami mong alam, wag ka na!"  :lol:

so what's next? gold guitar electronics? diamond inlays? gold tuning machines? baka pati gibson bilhin mo na. well, its good this site has members like you, outstanding ka eh, you're so funny and pathetic.

Offline namida

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2006, 01:26:42 PM »
We need not cause unnecessary fuss ourselves :)
"Ano man ang iyong ginagawa sa iyong kapatid, ay siya ring ginagawa mo sa akin" --Yano

Home Recordings ->> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=480230  My Band ->>

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2006, 02:31:31 PM »
good sounding cable + good sounding amp + good sounding guitar = good guitar sound
oasgomez, pwede bang marinig kung paano ka tumugtog para naman mabigyan ng hustisya ang magagandang equipment mo?
parang yung last post ko, "let it not be decided by our knowledge of the Force... but by our skills with a lightsaber"  :wink:
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline hamsterjamster

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2006, 03:12:20 PM »
for a product review thread that evolves to this useless arguments session, it's a shame... sad.. :shock:

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2006, 04:49:31 PM »
Quote from: hamsterjamster
for a product review thread that evolves to this useless arguments session, it's a shame... sad.. :shock:

tsktsk, true.. we all got oasgomez's point that such a cable exists and it performs exceptionally well. kahit ako, ngayon ko lang nalaman yun, but i don't have to want to buy it or to feel that my cables are inferior. now wag na sana gawan ng side story yun, be objective na lang sana. gear talk is gear talk, sana wala na lang personalan. yung mga gusto mag-away dapat mag-EB na lang tapos boksing na para mas exciting hehe. awat na mga pare, for the sake of harmony and love of music :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2006, 05:01:48 PM »
Quote from: VenusIsle_5150
Quote from: hamsterjamster

tsktsk, true.. we all got oasgomez's point that such a cable exists and it performs exceptionally well. kahit ako, ngayon ko lang nalaman yun, but i don't have to want to buy it or to feel that my cables are inferior. now wag na sana gawan ng side story yun, be objective na lang sana. gear talk is gear talk, sana wala na lang personalan. yung mga gusto mag-away dapat mag-EB na lang tapos boksing na para mas exciting hehe. awat na mga pare, for the sake of harmony and love of music :)

yung iba nanggugulo na lang.  kung wala naman macontribute manahimik na lang or gumawa ng sariling gear review thread..  papansin na lang yung iba kasi

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2006, 06:51:38 PM »
Quote from: deltaslim
... Pareto principle... To me that last 20% of tone is not worth the 80% of effort.

nor is it worth the 80% of cost, for the average guitar hobbyist, or maybe even for the average gigging musician here in Manila...

...just my personal opinion...

For my needs and my skill level, I cannot justify buying top gear for myself; but probably others can and do so justifiably... still others do not need to justify their GAS... lucky them

whichever category we individually fall under... to each his own...

If and when the day comes that I can justify buying an expensive cable, I will try it out... Thank you for the review/info...

'Til then, the info is filed away for future possible reference... 'nuf said.

(move on along people... info has been shared; file it away too for future reference... nothing more for us to see/do here...)

Offline Kulas

« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2006, 07:21:57 PM »
eto lang idea ko.

meron mga "gearheads", and merong mga "musicians" (for the lack of a better term).

yung mga gearheads, they can play din. pero they put more time, effort and money in acquiring better gear for them to play with. ako, i might consider myself a gearhead. not that i have boutique or expensive gear, nor can i afford them but, i just like the feeling of having a new guitar, new effects, new accessories, etc. not that i play that well din, average lang, pero i like it especially when someone uses my guitar, plays it well for me, just hearing the "real" tone that my guitar can produce in the hands of a better player. i like that feeling.

"musicians" naman, put more time and effort in perfecting their craft. they can play their hearts out using any gear, and they aren't too conscious about gear and tone (in a way conscious naman pero not too obsessive about it). not naman that they don't have money to get great gear but they just don't care as to what guitar, amp or setup they're using, they just want to play, play and play. in short, they're more concerned about the music, not the gear.

now why am i saying this? in this forum, meron mga gearheads and may musicians. you can't expect one to be the other, if he's a more of a gearhead, then he's a gearhead. if he's more of a musician, then musician talaga.

so ang point ko lang, let's just understand where people are coming from and not judge anyone by what they are. people are different talaga, ika nga "different folks, different strokes".

so yun, let's just dismiss this topic and move on with our lives, hehe.

peace everyone!

Offline polarized06

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2006, 07:53:07 PM »
+ 100000000000000000000000000
....and this world...will be shaken by a whisper...

Massacridia at Youtube!

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2006, 09:59:34 PM »
Deltaslim,

Just when I think its 80% to get the last 20%, it gets reset to a new level.  You are not the only one who understand pareto.  For example, I thought that titanium saddles would just be extra effort to get the last 20%.  It brought my Tokai Strat to a new level.  So, I upgraded to a titanium block which further raised it beyond 20%.  Now that I have a Two Rock guitar cable, it raises the whole thing beyond.  The Base is reset to be higher.  Hows that for another side of common sense?  

I will not stop upgrading my stuff, so you could say it can never get to be perfect for me.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2006, 10:50:39 PM »
Ag3nt,

Since claim mo na maganda tunog mo without the need for some of the best sounding equipment in the world.  Sabihin mo nga ano ang gear mo.

Kailan ka tutugtog para marinig ka?  Gusto ko lang marinig anong ibig mo sabihin ng magandang tunog.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2006, 10:57:38 PM »
Deltaslim,

No offense but dont take this personally.  I noticed that even though you claim to be pareto in your purchase of equipment, you have not actually kept anything for a long time in my personal observation except for your Thinline Tele which you tried to sell at one point in time.  Boss kung talagang pareto ko bakit nagHUM ang tele mo na kay lakas sa MAGNET?  Napansin ko rin na dating Jeckyl & Hyde ka pero recently naka TIM ka at Fulldrive 2 10th Anniversary.  You also bought a POD pero I dont see you using it.  So, I assume that you got rid of it. Also, dati mayroon kang Bassman na pinalitan mo ng THD Univalve na napalitan mo na ng Trademark 60.  Also, ang daming dumaan na rin na gitara sa iyo.  If you truly concentrate on that 20% that brings in that 80%, what was that magical 20% for you?  I am just taking a guess baka nga ang Thinline Tele mo iyon.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2006, 11:04:24 PM »
Cables do matter.  But if it cost me P6,500 for ONE cable, I'd rather get a Planet Waves and buy something with the extra P5,000.  

Why would I spend that much on a cable?  I can tell the tonal difference between a cheap cable and a George L.  In a blindfold test, the Planet Waves cable was much better than George Ls, and it was much more heavy-duty.  

What I notice with high end equipment, the law of diminishing returns does apply.  So if you want to perfect your rig with a 95% confidence interval, it would cost you tons of money to perfect the remaining 5%.  But as oasgomez said, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE UPGRADING.  There will be no end.      

The superconductivity + less oxidation concept is what all these cable manufacturers are delving on.  But what the heck?  Baka damputin pa cable sa gig...  Ask the gigging people here.  At least one cable was stolen from them in their entire life.  I am happy with Planet Waves.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2006, 11:08:38 PM »
i've never thought about upgrading my bridge saddles to titanium..does it make a big difference? I usually just upgrade 3 things on my guitar: pickups, nut, or tuners. Even then, those things only get replaced if they break or become cumbersome during a gig.

I've never tried the George L guitar cables..just the effects cables. I have seen teh Planet Waves and they do look rugged.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2006, 03:17:45 AM »
Quote from: oasgomez

Kailan ka tutugtog para marinig ka?  Gusto ko lang marinig anong ibig mo sabihin ng magandang tunog.

Hey, this sounds like a challenge. Hhmm... gusto kong marinig kayong dalawa. Ano, jam na?

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2006, 03:22:58 AM »
Quote from: skunkyfunk
Cables do matter.  But if it cost me P6,500 for ONE cable, I'd rather get a Planet Waves and buy something with the extra P5,000.  

Why would I spend that much on a cable?  I can tell the tonal difference between a cheap cable and a George L.  In a blindfold test, the Planet Waves cable was much better than George Ls, and it was much more heavy-duty.  

What I notice with high end equipment, the law of diminishing returns does apply.  So if you want to perfect your rig with a 95% confidence interval, it would cost you tons of money to perfect the remaining 5%.  But as oasgomez said, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE UPGRADING.  There will be no end.      

The superconductivity + less oxidation concept is what all these cable manufacturers are delving on.  But what the heck?  Baka damputin pa cable sa gig...  Ask the gigging people here.  At least one cable was stolen from them in their entire life.  I am happy with Planet Waves.

GOD DAMN! Skunk... you nail it right straigth in the head. Finally, a voice of reason, hehhehe :lol:

Offline markflo

« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2006, 03:32:22 AM »
uuuuy! mukhang may showdown ala crossroads ah! ayos yan! paki video naman! game game game! seryoso! astig yan! ag3nt and his rig vs oas and his rig!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2006, 03:47:29 AM »
Quote from: markflo
uuuuy! mukhang may showdown ala crossroads ah! ayos yan! paki video naman! game game game! seryoso! astig yan! ag3nt and his rig vs oas and his rig!

That film had flawed philosophies...  Eugene was finding his soul through the blues and eventually won the showdown using neoclassical chops?  Jack Butler, his opponent, was no bluesman to begin with.  :?:

I like the film simply because Vai was in the cast.  Otherwise,  it could have been another karate kid stint... with a guitar...