hulika

Author Topic: The Barber Shop (barber electronics users)  (Read 41270 times)

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The Barber Shop (barber electronics users)
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2010, 06:59:25 PM »
Hmmm....isip, isip.   :lol:

Paligayahan ang tenga at wag ang isip  :lol:

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2010, 12:32:16 AM »
Paligayahan ang tenga at wag ang isip  :lol:

Idea:  Why not a Barber party so that those who have not tried other specific Barber peds (like yours truly) can hear and try the other peds before buying?   :evil:

Offline joshnerez

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2010, 09:41:53 AM »
Hmmm....isip, isip.   :lol:

if you think, itll make you want to scratch the itch MORE.. bwahahaha!  :evil:
"It is not great men who changes the world, but weak men in the hands of a great God."

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 09:17:42 AM »
I tried lowering the internal bass pot sa Dirty Bomb... It made it more marshall sounding. I'm keeping it this way. I've also learned to appreciate the low gain settings of the Dirty Bomb. (Gain at 8 oclock)

Direct Drive soon

:-D

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 11:41:31 AM »
^
I haven't been GASSING for dirt pedals when I got my Dirty Bomb. Works for me and my band.

Direct Drive? Sarap na dirt din yan!!! :)

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 11:44:39 AM »
^
I haven't been GASSING for dirt pedals when I got my Dirty Bomb. Works for me and my band.

Direct Drive? Sarap na dirt din yan!!! :)

I need something with the low gain sound of the DB, which I think the DD would capture. Ang hirap mag ikot ng gain knob habang natugtog.  :lol:

Offline blancer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 01:25:39 PM »
guys, i need advice on what barber pedal to buy. i need an all-around distortion. di naman metal tugtugan namin. but i want one that can be used also for soloing because i'm the only guitarist in the band. so what pedal can you recommend? thanks in advance.

rakenrol!!!
Good girls go to heaven,
Bad girls go to my room...

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 01:27:37 PM »
guys, i need advice on what barber pedal to buy. i need an all-around distortion. di naman metal tugtugan namin. but i want one that can be used also for soloing because i'm the only guitarist in the band. so what pedal can you recommend? thanks in advance.

rakenrol!!!

dirty bomb. can go from low to high gain... so all-around siya..

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 02:45:10 PM »

rakenrol!!!

IMO, the Direct Drive might fit the bill in your case as you describe above.  You can also opt for a Small Fry or a Dirty Bomb.  Just make sure that you try out the DD first in line because you will think it lacks drive if you test it after the Bomb or the Fry.   :-D

I tried lowering the internal bass pot sa Dirty Bomb... It made it more marshall sounding. I'm keeping it this way. I've also learned to appreciate the low gain settings of the Dirty Bomb. (Gain at 8 oclock)

Direct Drive soon

:-D

Hey Cayle.

Mind giving us some demo clips of your new DB setting?  I would love to hear it.   :-D

Thanks.

Offline spetsnaz1123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2010, 08:51:48 PM »
Pwede ba ang barber user to be dito?...magkakaroon na ako nyan soon...hehehe Dirtybomb is the shiite  :evil:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 10:44:37 PM by spetsnaz1123 »
'one never fails until he quits trying'

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2010, 10:34:55 PM »
IMO, the Direct Drive might fit the bill in your case as you describe above.  You can also opt for a Small Fry or a Dirty Bomb.  Just make sure that you try out the DD first in line because you will think it lacks drive if you test it after the Bomb or the Fry.   :-D

Can you shed some more light? I'm planning to get a Direct Drive. Sana hindi ako magsisi.  :lol:

Hey Cayle.

Mind giving us some demo clips of your new DB setting?  I would love to hear it.   :-D

Thanks.

I can't remember if this clip was the one with the gain below 9oclock, or this is the one with gain around 11oclock.  :lol: I used the tele with GFS alnico fatbodies on this clip, toggling between neck and bridge. Rinig naman yung difference when using the neck or bridge pickup.  :-)

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9674621

Hindi ko pa nauupload yung video. The pedal is always on, I just roll off the volume and tone knobs at some parts.

Pwede ba ang barber user to be dito?...magkakaroon na ako nyan soon...hehehe Dirtybomb is the shiite:evil:

Pwede. Di ka magsisisi sa dirty bomb.  :-)

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2010, 11:56:05 PM »
Can you shed some more light? I'm planning to get a Direct Drive. Sana hindi ako magsisi.  :lol:

IMO, the DD can bring you to distortion territory but admittedly, it will not have as much gain as the Dirty Bomb and even the Crunchbox.  However, having said that, if you test the DD all by itself, you'd probably think that it has enough gain.  The PGS demo (
) clearly illustrates that.  I feel that stacking it pre-gain with another OD/Boost or an EQ at post-gain will get you there.

One thing I really like about the DD is that it sings!  Sustain-galore!  When I first got mine, I was so surprised how it seemed easier to play the guitar because the notes came out and flowed with ease.  It was like cutting soft butter, believe you me.   :-)

One thing I don't like about it is that the DD is really bottom heavy.  Good thing there are bass and presence controls inside.  My bass setting is below flat and my presence knob is about 75% dimed.  You'd have to tweak it to get the sound you like but the singing quality is worth it.  Btw, I'm a humbucker guy.

Will check out your clip in a while.  Thanks.

Offline blancer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2010, 08:37:44 AM »
thanks sa mga replies guys..
Good girls go to heaven,
Bad girls go to my room...

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2010, 09:55:38 PM »
They only made 55 of these...Sayang...I wish they could make more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oay9iPzQvU

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2010, 01:31:47 AM »
^^
Grrr...

I don't like the name.  It shouldn't have been called "Unlimited" when it was actually limited!   :lol:

How much did these things go for?

Yes, you're right.  Wish they could make more.  I wonder if this is available with Ronnie at the Custom Shop?

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2010, 07:54:03 AM »
Ronni said he could make a Dual Discrete with an UnLTD at one side, and another Barber drive on the other. UnLTD and LTD SR would be just perfect.

Nag pm sa akin yung isang member ng B-Forum. He paid $120 + $6 shipping for it, brand new. So it's like the price of a Direct Drive. Oh, and he's selling it. He can ship it to the Philippines, but I have no cash at hand for it.  :lol:

Offline quaternotetriplet

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2010, 01:08:57 PM »
They only made 55 of these...Sayang...I wish they could make more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oay9iPzQvU

dumble in a box.. i Like it..
h

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2010, 01:12:21 PM »
dumble in a box.. i Like it..

Small Fry would be their take on the Dumble. I'm not sure about the UNLTD.

Offline quaternotetriplet

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2010, 01:23:26 PM »
Small Fry would be their take on the Dumble. I'm not sure about the UNLTD.
sounds like e. remind me of the zen drive i built ( on one setting)..
h

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2010, 05:17:15 PM »
Ronni said he could make a Dual Discrete with an UnLTD at one side, and another Barber drive on the other. UnLTD and LTD SR would be just perfect.

Nag pm sa akin yung isang member ng B-Forum. He paid $120 + $6 shipping for it, brand new. So it's like the price of a Direct Drive. Oh, and he's selling it. He can ship it to the Philippines, but I have no cash at hand for it.  :lol:

Only $120 unit cost for the limited run of the UnLimiTeD (pun intended  :-D)?!?  Wow!  That's really cheap for a pedal that is only a special run and not mass produced.  I hope it turns out to be like the first SS that eventually and is now an official part of their product line-up.

Would you know if it only has the same 2 internal trim-pots as the regular LTD or does it offer more settings option akin to the MOD PCB and the (your soon to be  :-)) SS vis-a-vis a regular DD?  I've been going thru the B forums looking for the UnLTD thread/discussion but I can't find it.  Mind giving me the link to it?

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2010, 05:29:42 PM »

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2010, 06:22:12 PM »
http://www.barberelectronics.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=197

Eto yung nagiisang unltd thread.  :lol:

Thanks bro.  Specs are still lacking on that thread but I could already surmise what internal pots are in it.

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2010, 06:23:52 PM »
Thanks bro.  Specs are still lacking on that thread but I could already surmise what internal pots are in it.

Parang bass and prescence. Much like the LTD? Pero may power supply tweak daw.

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2010, 06:31:39 PM »
Parang bass and prescence. Much like the LTD? Pero may power supply tweak daw.

Yeah, that's how I understood that thread too  ---  the unLTD have knobs (internal and external) just like the LTD.

Power supply tweak?  Aside from the 18v capability, I wonder what that would mean.  hehe

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2010, 06:34:47 PM »
I have no idea as well.. I'm actually waiting for gutshots sa mga DIY forum para icompare sa LTD. Sana irelease na nila as a B Custom pedal yung Unltd...  :-D