hulika

Author Topic: BLUE RATS....95'-present.a decade of blues  (Read 136738 times)

Offline DyaniBee

• Forum Fanatic
BLUE RATS....95'-present.a decade of blues
« Reply #350 on: September 27, 2006, 06:10:06 AM »

Gee... Now I know how I look missing a few teeth!   :?  :lol:
Imagine a world without bass...

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #351 on: September 27, 2006, 11:44:32 AM »
Quote from: blue buddha
Quote from: lefty

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! i couldnt help it!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

i was gonna wet my pants just tryin to post!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Lintek..... I saw your pic/post again and I still can't stop laughing one day after!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It's Classic! haha!  :lol:  :lol:
Are You Experienced

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #352 on: September 27, 2006, 11:45:32 AM »
Quote from: DyaniBee

Gee... Now I know how I look missing a few teeth!   :?  :lol:

Di naman! I am just tryin to figure out what the hell we were singin!  :lol:
Are You Experienced

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #353 on: October 05, 2006, 12:17:41 PM »
Been over a week since I last visited here and that damn picture lefty posted still kills me!

Was shocked at how many visits this thread has generated -- over 11,000 and counting! Either 1. There are many curious people out there, or 2. Wala talagang magawa kayong mga ex and current Rats!!  :lol:  I suspect it's the latter.

It just occured to me that the current regular rotation is one of the biggest the band has ever been:  

• dopedeeva - vox
• kimmie - vox
• mang vic - drums
• whitey - harp
• dyanibee - bass
• lefty - guits
• sir joey - guits
• 3beers - guits
• bb - guits

Jeez louise -- that's 9 crackpots running around the asylum  :shock: .... matched only by the early Rats that had a singer, 2 drummers, keys, sax, bass, and 3 guitars.

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #354 on: October 12, 2006, 05:46:36 PM »
Folks check this out!!

Spreading the Blues..

Are You Experienced

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #355 on: October 13, 2006, 08:47:42 AM »
That's cool...... but Tricie sounded better with us!!!!   [-(

Clearly a biased, kapal, and self-aggrandizing opinion.  :lol:

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #356 on: October 13, 2006, 08:59:06 AM »

ahahaha! ya know it!  8)

I got gulat when I was searchin YouTube under blues jams..boom!
there it was!
Are You Experienced

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #357 on: October 13, 2006, 10:44:47 AM »
Quote from: blues2death
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jYoZ0sK5f4&search=blues%20jam%20edd%20aragon

search=blues%20jam%20edd%20aragon

actually lefty , i posted it earlier. same thread uhm...i forgot w/c page number. but it's good you brought it up again..it somehow got lost in the mix.threats,inside jokes, memories, vegetables and all. 8)

checkout the other one. it's the same band doing mustang sally with trice on vocals, and miguel doing drums.  :D

BB check it out din.
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #358 on: October 13, 2006, 12:04:11 PM »
I saw all of them na. They were posted on the ozpinoyrock e-group at yahoo groups. Y'all can search it out and join the e-group. Some interesting stuff going on in Sydney, and the Rats are well represented by Trice and Migs. Wally's been over there and there are plans for pinoy concerts in that neck of the woods. Jim Paredes of APO and others are also in the area making adobo out of australian chickens.  :lol:

Nabisto kayong mga youtube addicts! You're the reason those 20-something-year-old dudes were able to sell their business to google for 1.65 billion dollars!!! Lintek -- imagine what kind of a GAS attack that could satisfy....  :shock:

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #359 on: October 13, 2006, 12:46:36 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jYoZ0sK5f4&search=blues%20jam%20edd%20aragon

search=blues%20jam%20edd%20aragon

actually lefty , i posted it earlier. same thread uhm...i forgot w/c page number. but it's good you brought it up again..it somehow got lost in the mix.threats,inside jokes, memories, vegetables and all. 8)

checkout the other one. it's the same band doing mustang sally with trice on vocals, and miguel doing drums.  :D

BB check it out din.

oh ya did? sorry man.. haha youre right it did get lost in the mix.. :)
Are You Experienced

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #360 on: October 13, 2006, 12:47:10 PM »
I saw all of them na. They were posted on the ozpinoyrock e-group at yahoo groups. Y'all can search it out and join the e-group. Some interesting stuff going on in Sydney, and the Rats are well represented by Trice and Migs. Wally's been over there and there are plans for pinoy concerts in that neck of the woods. Jim Paredes of APO and others are also in the area making adobo out of australian chickens.  :lol:

Nabisto kayong mga youtube addicts! You're the reason those 20-something-year-old dudes were able to sell their business to google for 1.65 billion dollars!!! Lintek -- imagine what kind of a GAS attack that could satisfy....  :shock:

hahha busted! guity as charged!  :lol:
Are You Experienced

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #361 on: October 13, 2006, 03:54:07 PM »
Quote from: lefty

hahha busted! guity as charged!  :lol:

nyahahaha.... :twisted:
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline DyaniBee

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #362 on: October 16, 2006, 04:09:31 PM »

To me, Tricie sounded great as she always does.  The band needs work, though...  :lol:
Imagine a world without bass...

Offline ortigas

« Reply #363 on: October 16, 2006, 04:20:25 PM »
Quote from: DyaniBee

To me, Tricie sounded great as she always does.  The band needs work, though...  :lol:

Agree ako dyan!!! Trice sounds as great as always. We are gigging this coming Sunday at Manly Beach for the www.parksweek.com.au event! Ayuz!!! Rakenroll ulit! We are playing with Juan Gonzalez, Pinoy-Spanish born, Aussie raised guitar man, and an Aussie friend of his named Justin on bass. Jammed last Saturday and have practice on Wednesday. Should be great! Will send you guys pics...

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #364 on: October 16, 2006, 11:44:29 PM »
I tend to think that anyone -- especially a singer -- sounds better when everyone in the band is nakadikit to each other musically (ie. everyone makes each other sound better). Yun lang naman. Trice can't sound bad even if she wanted to!  :lol: .... well, maybe if she really tried....

Do send us pics. You guys playing by the boardwalk there by the middle of the beach or further down by the aquarium? Spent a lot of time there in '97 -- for the first few weeks, we parked ourselves in a place were Bill and Pepis used to stay on Raglan Street. Hope the ol' neighborhood is still funky. Good fish 'n' chips around there.  :) Hope it all goes well.

If you get curious, just a few blocks from Raglan St. is a shop called Neal's Guitars. Some very cool old vintage stuff sometimes shows up there for a reasonable price. Poke your head in  there and see what's laying around. Got that excellent black '63 P-Bass from Neal.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #365 on: October 17, 2006, 07:14:59 AM »
Best fish n chips I ever had was at Manly Beach... tapos budburan mo ng chicken salt ung chips...  aaah sarap!  For 2 mos I kept coming back there on weekends for the fish n chips and the 'sights' ;-)  (binata pa ako nun)

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #366 on: October 17, 2006, 11:36:55 AM »
Quote from: deltaslim
Best fish n chips I ever had was at Manly Beach... tapos budburan mo ng chicken salt ung chips...  aaah sarap!  For 2 mos I kept coming back there on weekends for the fish n chips and the 'sights' ;-)  (binata pa ako nun)

The 'sights' aren't exclusively for binatas. The point of reckoning is whether the non-binata substitutes the 'sights' for the fish with his chips. Pagbalik sa bahay, chicken salt lang nga talaga ang magiging ulam mo.  :lol:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #367 on: October 18, 2006, 08:33:43 AM »
Quote from: deltaslim

The 'sights' aren't exclusively for binatas. The point of reckoning is whether the non-binata substitutes the 'sights' for the fish with his chips. Pagbalik sa bahay, chicken salt lang nga talaga ang magiging ulam mo.  :lol:

:lol:

Come to think of it... I did take home a bunch of bottles of chicken salt dito sa Pinas.  Halos ulamin ko na talaga un!

Offline whitey

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #368 on: October 18, 2006, 07:04:35 PM »
You Migs & Tricie,

You are in my old stomping grounds, Manly. It hurts every time I hear about Manly as I use to own a home there, walking distance to the beach.
Take care and see you in December.

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: BLUE RATS....95'-present.a decade of blues
« Reply #369 on: October 22, 2006, 05:56:29 PM »
Welcome back folks.

Next gig on Saturday, 28 October at Conspiracy Café. Will post details on Gig Announcement thread.

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #370 on: October 25, 2006, 12:53:13 PM »
We are gigging this coming Sunday at Manly Beach for the www.parksweek.com.au event! Ayuz!!! Rakenroll ulit! We are playing with Juan Gonzalez, Pinoy-Spanish born, Aussie raised guitar man, and an Aussie friend of his named Justin on bass. Jammed last Saturday and have practice on Wednesday. Should be great! Will send you guys pics...

Hey Migs, How did it go?

Offline ortigas

« Reply #371 on: October 29, 2006, 09:09:03 PM »
So, we arrive at the outdoor venue and lo and behold, all performers are playing "Kahons"! Freakin' kahons for outdoor jamming. Nakamfutsa! Labo chong. So I set the drums up backstage and you could see the nervous faces of the guys manning the sound system. After 3 sets of musicians someone tells us that the neighborhood is complaining of the noise and that we can't get on. We had the biggest bunch of people come to support Trice! Bummer. Mother-f***ers.

So, to calm down our friends (who were about to start beating on some people) Trice and Juan just jammed on the grass acoustic style with the other performers just watching from a distance. Nakatunganga yung iba....parang they were saying to themselves "Dang, she's so good, why didn't they get on?" Yung mga iba'ng promoter just had red faces of embarrassment.

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #372 on: October 30, 2006, 12:55:56 AM »
Bummer..... with a capital "B". Akala ko that kind of stuff just happens in Manila. They're usually so ayos over there.  :|

Hope y'all get another crack at a public performance soon. They don't know what they're missing downunder.

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #373 on: October 30, 2006, 09:24:41 AM »
So, we arrive at the outdoor venue and lo and behold, all performers are playing "Kahons"! Freakin' kahons for outdoor jamming. Nakamfutsa! Labo chong. So I set the drums up backstage and you could see the nervous faces of the guys manning the sound system. After 3 sets of musicians someone tells us that the neighborhood is complaining of the noise and that we can't get on. We had the biggest bunch of people come to support Trice! Bummer. Mother-f***ers.

So, to calm down our friends (who were about to start beating on some people) Trice and Juan just jammed on the grass acoustic style with the other performers just watching from a distance. Nakatunganga yung iba....parang they were saying to themselves "Dang, she's so good, why didn't they get on?" Yung mga iba'ng promoter just had red faces of embarrassment.

That Blows! oh well.. sheet, We know you rock so, keep on keepin' on Brotha!!  :evil:
Are You Experienced

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #374 on: November 18, 2006, 03:13:04 AM »
A minor addition to this thread re: last night's gig at Handlebar:

Delicious playing last night by jammers Delta on the red Epi SG/Matchless Brave, TT on an Epi Goldtop LP/Peavey Valve King, and Messyhands on an oldwood "64 Strat/Matchless Brave. Only wished it lasted longer -- the sound guys were usually supposed to pack up by 12:30mn or so, and it was creeping up on 2:00am -- nakakahiya naman.

Surprising competence, volume, and feel by Bob -- the silver-bangled-hairless-hand-kissing-drunken-drummer-jammer -- Mang Vic's and DD's newest and biggest fan (and possible blue-rats-stalker-in-the-making).  :-D

Great to have Kim back, good belting by Tebbet, and 3beers first drunken gig as a Rat after 7 dry years.

An evening worthy of note in these strange files of the Rats story....
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 03:46:18 AM by blue buddha »