hulika

Author Topic: ••• The Relic'd Stratocaster Thread •••  (Read 50510 times)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Relic Stratocaster
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011, 11:59:36 AM »
Question lang. How come isa lang yung pickup nya pero may 3-way switch?

Position 1. Volume Control & No Tone Control w/ Capacitor Activated for Darker Tone
Position 2. Normal Volume/Tone Control
Position 3. Volume Control Only

Offline deathbyexposure

• Veteran Member
Re: ~ THE RELIC STRATOCASTER THREAD ~
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2011, 02:16:32 PM »
My Fender '78 Strat. :)

How can you tell a person whether the band he or she listens to is RIGHT or WRONG?

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2011, 03:41:16 PM »
Question lang. How come isa lang yung pickup nya pero may 3-way switch?
this was the original design that preceded the Tele we all know. it's called the Esquire.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:45:08 PM by shodawmoon »

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2011, 04:36:14 PM »
this was the original design that preceded the Tele we all know. it's called the Esquire.

i think the question begged what the switch was for when there werent any other pickups to select from :D

and shodawmoon, r_chino already addressed the question actually.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 04:37:57 PM by grasyaps »
Most Recent Successful Deals with: cap10weevil, carey, david_leyson, DyuN_whamMe, gt bass, guitarmaniacgino, jacobsarinas, jimny, jodencio, loydariel, pie_key, prince22, Spoonbender, sysrq1172, washburnt25

PhosHilaron

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2011, 04:55:09 PM »
saw this online, just want to grab it....

nice relic...

Offline mbsunga

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2011, 04:57:25 PM »

1975 Greco strat
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:22:42 PM by mbsunga »

Offline KASALANAN

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2011, 05:18:20 PM »
My Fender '78 Strat. :)

wala talagang kamatayan yang strat mo na yan  :lol: instant hard on
references:mrpentatonic,mavsweep,pepeman,guitarpoets, studiowan,shredmaestrobri,sereyor,darkflan,maniacally_cool,bentoinks, kurseth,caloi,alcohol,ryansatriani,rg570,jhule77,ARIS,freongang,jamesroy,brianlp,nimrodthebomber,gruthang,inigo,buls,tapslore,

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2011, 09:31:25 PM »
i think the question begged what the switch was for when there werent any other pickups to select from :D

and shodawmoon, r_chino already addressed the question actually.
k

Offline raybrig

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2011, 09:52:43 PM »
yung kay jimmy is naturally relic'ed. di yan pinuwersa.
that guitar is oozing with mojo dojo  :wink:

kung makakapag salita lang yun gitarang yan, malalaman natin ilang chickas na naiuwi ni jimmy...  :roll:

whistle whistle  :lol:
zzzzzzz

Offline reji05ramos

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2011, 10:43:26 PM »
These strats! Goddammit!

Offline shoegazer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2011, 11:38:40 PM »
Not really sure if you could call this a "relic", but here's my beloved Fernando strat (the first electric I owned)

Yeah, it's missing a string. Blame "Maggot Brain" - too much rakenrowl!

All the stickers came from when I was in high school. Pati pirma ni Pepe Smith.

In action (I admit I'm not a good guitar player - I suck, but you might want to skip to 2:40 directly... trust me  :-D):
http://www.youtube.com/user/Babsicaster?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/ExBXxjBL8Sk

In case you're wondering how this happened..

Peace, love, rakenrowl!!

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2011, 11:51:38 PM »
Quote from: shoegazer link

Peace, love, rakenrowl!!

Lupet mo meng !!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline shoegazer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2011, 11:57:39 PM »
Lupet mo meng !!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

HAHAHA, thanks pero mas malupet ka pa rin po sir! rakenrowl! :-D

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2011, 12:44:40 AM »
Quote from: shoegazer
HAHAHA, thanks pero mas malupet ka pa rin po sir! rakenrowl! :-D

dehins nako malupet bro, mas mahilig nko sa mga big bikes tsaka buffet restos kesa mag gitara... :lol:

you guys hang out w/ pyaps? we used to jam/gig & do rakets durings the 80s & early 90s. last time we got together was at the "Fete Dela Musique" @ MOA. Ta-artits na nga ngayon si pyaps ( The Smiths )... but it was his gtr player, "Tolupits" ( Pepe Smith & the Airwaves ), who was my 1st mentor.  Wally G is also an awesome axeman. but Jun Lopito's "mojo" & rock star persona is just oozing... I was in 3rd yr high school when he showed me Jeff Beck licks, & I wuz totally blown away. not to mention his uber hawt Caucasian girlfriend who looks like she just came out fm the centerfold of Penthouse magazine.  :evil: & she drives a convertable bringing Jun to his gigs. how cool is that? 8-)

who is maggot-brain? some nice/tasty blues licks there. is that your band? man, I remember doing the "Shakey's Leg" when I wuz a teenager...  keep that passion burning bro! ( but don't burn a lot of guitars )  :-D

btw, I got the same pink floyd shirt maggot brain was wearing... I still have the orig vinyl of that album, ( old school eh )...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=163028367067779&set=a.163028247067791.25851.100000818506367&type=1&theater

RAKENROWL !!!  :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 12:45:55 AM by jimy james »

Offline shoegazer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2011, 11:11:22 PM »
dehins nako malupet bro, mas mahilig nko sa mga big bikes tsaka buffet restos kesa mag gitara... :lol:

you guys hang out w/ pyaps? we used to jam/gig & do rakets durings the 80s & early 90s. last time we got together was at the "Fete Dela Musique" @ MOA. Ta-artits na nga ngayon si pyaps ( The Smiths )... but it was his gtr player, "Tolupits" ( Pepe Smith & the Airwaves ), who was my 1st mentor.  Wally G is also an awesome axeman. but Jun Lopito's "mojo" & rock star persona is just oozing... I was in 3rd yr high school when he showed me Jeff Beck licks, & I wuz totally blown away. not to mention his uber hawt Caucasian girlfriend who looks like she just came out fm the centerfold of Penthouse magazine.  :evil: & she drives a convertable bringing Jun to his gigs. how cool is that? 8-)

who is maggot-brain? some nice/tasty blues licks there. is that your band? man, I remember doing the "Shakey's Leg" when I wuz a teenager...  keep that passion burning bro! ( but don't burn a lot of guitars )  :-D

btw, I got the same pink floyd shirt maggot brain was wearing... I still have the orig vinyl of that album, ( old school eh )...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=163028367067779&set=a.163028247067791.25851.100000818506367&type=1&theater

RAKENROWL !!!  :mrgreen:

Thanks for the kind words sir! yeah, that's my band and that's me playing the burnt strat and wearing the same pink floyd shirt you have, haha! i feel honored that i'm talking to one of the pinoy rock legend's friends. Big bikes and buffets are awesome, but with a gorgeous strat like yours (dayum, that distressed neck finish is sexy!) malamang naghihintay lang yan pahiyawin niyo uli! it'd be awesome if you could share us some rockin' moments  :-D

I've only met pepe smith personally twice. once was back in '06. he played with jlc with the late great dondi ledesma and kat agarrado dun sa 19east. I was 14 then and that's when he signed that guitar. grabe yung presence and charisma niya, talagang para kang hinahatak!
and yeah, ibang klase talaga si jun lopito! 1st time i saw him live he was playing this real beat up red strat and it sounded phenomenal, pati yung work nila with pepe and dondi dun sa "idiosyncracies" na album. pero kung local guitar heroes na lang din ang paguusapan eh resty fabunan is the one to beat for me, hehe. kaya ako napasindi ng gitara  :-D  :-D  :-D

oh yea btw, "Maggot Brain" is actually a guitar instrumental by Eddie Hazel of Funkadelic and also the song we were trying to play dun sa video, haha. You might want to check him out, he's a real nice but underrated guitarist!

Offline oldskul

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2011, 12:51:11 AM »
Not really sure if you could call this a "relic", but here's my beloved Fernando strat (the first electric I owned)

Yeah, it's missing a string. Blame "Maggot Brain" - too much rakenrowl!

All the stickers came from when I was in high school. Pati pirma ni Pepe Smith.

In action (I admit I'm not a good guitar player - I suck, but you might want to skip to 2:40 directly... trust me  :-D):
http://www.youtube.com/user/Babsicaster?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/ExBXxjBL8Sk

Peace, love, rakenrowl!!

ang astig

sana sakin din mapirmahan nila idol pepe, wally , at mike

rak n rol
 8-)

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2011, 03:27:40 AM »
saw this online, just want to grab it....

nice relic...

now that is what you call a natural looking relic. :D
Most Recent Successful Deals with: cap10weevil, carey, david_leyson, DyuN_whamMe, gt bass, guitarmaniacgino, jacobsarinas, jimny, jodencio, loydariel, pie_key, prince22, Spoonbender, sysrq1172, washburnt25

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2011, 03:48:42 AM »
yung kay jimmy is naturally relic'ed. di yan pinuwersa.
that guitar is oozing with mojo dojo  :wink:

the fretboard chaffing clearly shows that it had tons of use over the years. however, though i could be mistaken, i think jimmy's guitar was intentionally reliced as oppose to being a natural relic, therefore pinwersa meaning ginawang ganyan yan (referring to the body paint). and you can ask jiimmy about that, as he has mentioned before that it was 'reliced to look like rory galagjher's' famous strat.

and although it is a very aged guitar, im quite sure most of the paint has been intentionally taken off to have come up with that look. as i have earlier said (and i dont mean to attack you jimmy), that look couldnt have been result of decades of constant use and exposure to the elements. hindi sha natural.

im just trying to stay close to the facts, that the abrupt transitioning and pronounced orientation of the paint checking on the guitar body could not have been caused by natural use.

i agree that the guitar is full of mojo because its age and i dont mean to rain on your parade. what im trying to say is that if it was an attempt to turn the guitar into a natural-looking relic, if you take into consideration that work on the finish, then it hadnt been done correctly. not that i know how to do it myself correctly but at least i think i know more or less how it ought to look like.

since the TS seems like he's picked up an interest on reliced guitars, i feel we should show him good, if not proper examples of such.

peace.

Offline mintzkie009

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2011, 02:29:29 PM »
ayoko ng reliced guitars...  :cry:

hangga't maaari ayokong maluma mga gitara ko...  :lol:
"All is Well"

Offline mbsunga

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2011, 08:16:26 PM »
when you say relic dapat ba badly beaten up guitar? or pwde rin ang minty not badly beaten pero matanda na talaga as in mga 30+ years old guitar? hehe ayaw ko kc ng guitar na bugbog sarado

PhosHilaron

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2011, 05:23:30 PM »
when you say relic dapat ba badly beaten up guitar? or pwde rin ang minty not badly beaten pero matanda na talaga as in mga 30+ years old guitar? hehe ayaw ko kc ng guitar na bugbog sarado

di ko alam kung magkaiba ang vintage sa relic.... pero ok kasi pag gamit na gamit ang gitara kahit di mo ingatan maganda parin, ganyan sa strat na gitara...

Offline superbuni123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2011, 05:31:43 PM »
Strat ko puro libag, as in literal na libag, especially in the area where you rest your arms, is it considered natural relic?  :-D
Learning to be a man without losing the boy in me...

Offline raybrig

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2011, 07:29:48 PM »
the fretboard chaffing clearly shows that it had tons of use over the years. however, though i could be mistaken, i think jimmy's guitar was intentionally reliced as oppose to being a natural relic, therefore pinwersa meaning ginawang ganyan yan (referring to the body paint). and you can ask jiimmy about that, as he has mentioned before that it was 'reliced to look like rory galagjher's' famous strat.

and although it is a very aged guitar, im quite sure most of the paint has been intentionally taken off to have come up with that look. as i have earlier said (and i dont mean to attack you jimmy), that look couldnt have been result of decades of constant use and exposure to the elements. hindi sha natural.

im just trying to stay close to the facts, that the abrupt transitioning and pronounced orientation of the paint checking on the guitar body could not have been caused by natural use.

i agree that the guitar is full of mojo because its age and i dont mean to rain on your parade. what im trying to say is that if it was an attempt to turn the guitar into a natural-looking relic, if you take into consideration that work on the finish, then it hadnt been done correctly. not that i know how to do it myself correctly but at least i think i know more or less how it ought to look like.

since the TS seems like he's picked up an interest on reliced guitars, i feel we should show him good, if not proper examples of such.

peace.

Oks lang yun pappy walang problema. Opinion taken positively  :wink:

Pero kung relic talaga paguusapan, ayaw ko ng relic. haha! gusto ko yun mukang bago, amoy bago, amoy baby!  8-)
zzzzzzz

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2011, 12:02:35 PM »
Quote from: grasyaps link

peace.

though i could be mistaken,

Yes you are !

i think jimmy's guitar was intentionally reliced as oppose to being a natural relic, therefore pinwersa meaning ginawang ganyan yan (referring to the body paint).

It wasn't intentionally reliced as you keep on saying. that dark spot where you rest your arm while playing was all due to acidic perspiration. I did some sanding on the back part of the guitar only bcoz liquid ( beer & hot papaitan soup ) was accidentally poured on it at one drinking spree several years back. also, na-ulanan din yun sa isang outdoor wedding gig...  i also sanded the edges bcoz I didn't want it to have the SRV look.

as he has mentioned before that it was 'reliced to look like rory galagjher's' famous strat.

di mo binasa mabuti bro. or nabasa mo pero di mo naintindihan. what I said was  "but after almost 3 decades of use ( & Abuse ) it's relicked like that of Rory Gallager's ".  

meaning, nag mukha lang katulad ng kay rory, pero hindi intentionally ginaya ( as what you keep on implying ) yun kasi di naman 57 profile yung kay kay rory eh. pickguard was totally different & the neck has rosewood fretboard. so why would someone try to copy a 60s strat when he has a 50s profile Strat? does that makes sense? well, my friend papotzki had his 70s Strat relicked ( by John DLC ) to look like that of SRV's, but his headstock is big(  ala Ritchie Blackmore )... well, ibang klase mag trip si papotz eh... :-D cool dude though, crazy ass mofo also  :lol: :lol: :lol:

if it was an attempt to turn the guitar into a natural-looking relic,

Again, for the nth time, It WAS NOT !

Capiche?

and i dont mean to rain on your parade.

well, it's starting to be a Low Pressure Area, leading to a Tropical Depression, w/c will lead into a Thunderstorm & a Super Typhoon.  :-D

Man, you're really starting to annoy me...  :x

were you bullied when you were a kid? or abused by a gay school principal? where you beaten up or humiliated by a College frat? what's your beef dude? why'd you keep on picking on a beat up Strat?

Nakaka irita kana pre...

but then, Peace-man parin ako... :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:57:33 PM by jimy james »

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2011, 12:12:24 PM »
Heres mine

62ri japanese Biatch!!! :)
originaly its a surf green i dont what grandpa did to look it this way well for me it looks awesome
coz the sound says it all, well im just sayin

it may not look good to you but it looks hell to me japanese biatcchhhh :P
napapost ako bigla hi PM world long time no see

and oh the twin is for sale

AMMK!!!