hulika

Author Topic: Razorback's Origin...and on-going saga!  (Read 87749 times)

Offline mudcoremaine

Razorback's Origin...and on-going saga!
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2006, 09:18:13 PM »
Quote from: haey2
Quote from: mudcoremaine
and this coming oct 21 there would be razorback'z 16th year aniv gig at gweilos libis. sana andun ka rin sir miguel.

what the heck am i doin 16 years ago?! whew, my parents should've planned to create me earlier so i was able to drink mango juice with dave at kalye, hehe.

confirmed na ba yun anniv gig nila bro?

confirmed na, booked na daw sila sa gweilos libis sabi ng isang lister. kitakits. for more info try to visit;‚œƒĢlĄ http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/raysorbex/
karhat man!

Offline ortigas

« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2006, 01:02:53 PM »
One of the beauties of being in a band is that you get to travel around for free! Wally Gonzalez and Pyaps Smith were just here for a Juan Dela Cruz concert and they were soooooo good! http://talk.philmusic.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=26899 I've never seen Pepe perform that way before. He was at his best. He was so excited cause this was the first time he'd travelled out of the Philippines in 33 years!

The first time Razorback travelled out of Manila was to go perform a show in Cebu. Kevin, Louie and Dave were still very young and Kevin had never been on an airplane before. He was so nervous of flying that he was shakin' like a leaf on a tree! Of course, we had the usual drinks before boarding cause we were bored just waiting around to get going. Tirso got it into his head to scare Kev and tell him some not so good flying horror stories.

Once on board and seated in our area, Tirso turns to Kev and asks him, "Hey Kev...did you take that pill that the stewardesses were handing out earlier?" and Kev was like, "What pill??? What PILL?!?!?!" Hahahaha!  :lol: Tirso says something like "The one they give you before flying to make it ok." Kev was sh**ting bricks til we let him off the hook after a little while. Lotsa fun...

Offline dizzychix76

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #202 on: October 18, 2006, 02:26:05 PM »
Quote from: ortigas
Tirso got it into his head to scare Kev and tell him some not so good flying horror stories.

Once on board and seated in our area, Tirso turns to Kev and asks him, "Hey Kev...did you take that pill that the stewardesses were handing out earlier?" and Kev was like, "What pill??? What PILL?!?!?!" Hahahaha!  :lol: Tirso says something like "The one they give you before flying to make it ok." Kev was sh**ting bricks til we let him off the hook after a little while. Lotsa fun...

That's mean...Poor kev.
"It's not PMS, maybe I just don't like you"

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #203 on: October 18, 2006, 02:57:27 PM »
Quote from: dizzychix76

That's mean...Poor kev.

That's a helluva funny story though... just reading it got me ROTFLMAO !!!

Offline ortigas

« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2006, 04:21:23 PM »
Quote from: pinoymusika
Quote from: dizzychix76

That's mean...Poor kev.

That's a helluva funny story though... just reading it got me ROTFLMAO !!!

Ah yes....the initiation rituals the newbies have to go through. Yes, Dizzy, we were meanies. Glad you had a good laugh, JA!

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Razorback's Origin...and on-going saga!
« Reply #205 on: October 23, 2006, 11:01:08 AM »
Hi guys,

I watched their anniversary concert at gweilos last Saturday or rather Sunday morning. I must say, they still rock. Manuel is a good addition to the band and complements well with Tirso's playing.

I had to leave early as a man of my stature gets calls from a commander. The guys started playing after midnight. It was close to 2am before I headed for the exit. I left as Tirso was about to replace a broken string in his son's American Tele.

I started to watch Razorback in Kayle in the mid 90's. They can still rock the house with their music and gift of gab.

Kudos to my new friends.
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #206 on: October 23, 2006, 02:24:42 PM »
what do you mean his son's telecaster?

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #207 on: October 23, 2006, 02:28:15 PM »
im still nursing a sore throat and a hang over from their 16th anniversary gig last saturday at gweilos eastwood... WALANG KAKUPAS-KUPAS....RAZORBACK ROCKED(as always..hehehe)...

CONGRATULATIONS TO KEV,LOUIE,BRIAN,TIRSO,MANUEL...MORE POWER TO ALL OF YOU....more albums pa...
8-) 8-) 8-)

black moon creeping...

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #208 on: October 24, 2006, 10:19:21 AM »

The telecaster he used he bought for his son who is still very young. Like me, all my guitars will go to my son if he continues to like playing guitar. I already bought him a Squier Mini Strat (CII).
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 11:43:03 AM by Letour »
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #209 on: October 24, 2006, 10:39:01 AM »

The telecaster he used he bought for his who is still very young. Like me, all my guitars will go to my son if he continues to like playing guitar. I already bought him a Squier Mini Strat (CII).

Hmmm. Okay na rason yan to justify GAS.  Magamit nga.

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #210 on: October 25, 2006, 12:22:09 AM »
ito ba yung sunburst body/rosewood neck?  para sa anak niya pala iyun... hehehe

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #211 on: October 25, 2006, 03:58:18 AM »
FYI guys.....this coming november LOKOMOTIV is coming to the philippines.

if you're a friend of LOCOMOTIV on friendster and/or myspace, alam na nyo by now.i got it straight from the guitarist's mouth last fri at a kitchie nadal gig in san diego.

about the san diego gig. the band STILL kicks ass! especially with the new singer, ryan hudson. w/all due respect to basti(wolfgang vox and loko's former frontman)...ryan has some serious sh&^t to show!

mga repapits sa pinas...just watch out for their gigs...might even have a back to back gig w/razorback..and the subsequent jam...you never know!

as you know, (wolf gemorra LOKOMOTIV's drummer) was manuel's former bandmate in WOLFGANG...and david aguirre is razorback alumnus guitar player...cgurado magkakaroon ng jammingan nyan!
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline ortigas

« Reply #212 on: October 28, 2006, 10:56:01 PM »
Can't wait to get home for all the good stuff happening over the holidays! It's gonna be sooooo good.... 8-)

Offline yordi_cui

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #213 on: November 09, 2006, 07:34:00 AM »

Hey guys!!!!! (Migs/Manny the dog Amador/Dyanibee/Tirso)

Long time no hear!!!!

Kalye the home we will always love kinda feels weird going inside nowadays!!!!

Now that it is 6 underground!!!!

Yup we cant wait till you get home Migs !!!!

:mrgreen:

Offline Tirso

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2006, 02:22:13 AM »
YORDI!!! WSup man!?!?

Been away for a bit. Our 16th anniv show was brilliant! Thanks to everyone who showed up...and stayed! What a blast. Fyi, theres great video footage of that gig. saw it the other night. Might be released on the net soon.

Re Kev's first flight : MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Priceless! It was during our first trip to Cebu. We were so happy to be there we partied way, way, too much. Next day, everyone was majorly hungover. We had to do a motorcade and radio tour the next day (hard work man!).  Louie decides to take an alkaseltzer then realizes it has aspirin, which he is violently allergic to. We rushed him to hospital and they gave him several injections. His face swelled up like a basketball. We played the "extra-sexy-smooth-jamming set" that night.   :roll: Yordi was there I think....

Oi! Next big gig will be on Jan 06, 2007. Jennifer...er....Basti is coming home for xmas so we'll be doing a Razorback/Wolfgang show at UP theater. Should be fun. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 02:24:53 AM by Tirso »
Rock n' Roll damnation... take a chance, while you still got the choice..

Offline yordi_cui

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #215 on: November 11, 2006, 06:40:25 AM »
Hey Tirso,

Been hiding in a call center finally sold out!!!! Its good you guys are still going strong!!! Reunion of wolfgang and Razorback thats cool bringing back the old golden days of 90's rock.

Hey Migs,

regarding the mettallica gig the suppliers during that time was soundcheck carrying the flag  along side senorous, burnscode, and exile. Balita ko they had 4 different FOH systems. Kudos to the Mettallica Sound Engineer forgot his name for being able to live thru that night and making it sound like it was rocking!!!!

damn I missed that show!!!! had a fever of 42 sayang really wished I saw Mettalica!!!

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #216 on: November 12, 2006, 06:05:22 PM »
Hi Yordi, just saw your posts now. Welcome to our humble little board, man. Your engineering prowess will be helpful in the Pro Audio forum :)
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline ortigas

« Reply #217 on: November 12, 2006, 07:16:03 PM »
Re Kev's first flight : MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Priceless! It was during our first trip to Cebu. We were so happy to be there we partied way, way, too much. Next day, everyone was majorly hungover. We had to do a motorcade and radio tour the next day (hard work man!).  Louie decides to take an alkaseltzer then realizes it has aspirin, which he is violently allergic to. We rushed him to hospital and they gave him several injections. His face swelled up like a basketball. We played the "extra-sexy-smooth-jamming set" that night.   :roll: Yordi was there I think....

Oi! Next big gig will be on Jan 06, 2007. Jennifer...er....Basti is coming home for xmas so we'll be doing a Razorback/Wolfgang show at UP theater. Should be fun. 

Oh crap! Just remembered the motorcade! Flashback ulit. Same one where I had to get my hand stitched up. 2 casualties that time.  :lol:

Cannot wait to see you all and to see that gig in UP.  :evil:

Offline Tirso

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #218 on: November 16, 2006, 04:22:06 PM »
HAH! Yeah, I remember that. Was that the same time? Or was it the time we played at Padi's point for Sinulog? It's all a blur.....
Rock n' Roll damnation... take a chance, while you still got the choice..

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #219 on: December 06, 2006, 03:03:58 AM »
since you guys are gonna play together again by january....i remember the "flaming hemorrhoid" days...its when razorback & wolfgang would join to rock out...saw you guys a couple of times at PEP's in ATC... 8-) 8-) 8-)
black moon creeping...

Offline thisistrivent

• Netizen Level
« Reply #220 on: December 30, 2006, 02:45:54 AM »
great thread!! deserves to be UPPED! thanks for all the stories!
with all the wounded hearts
and broken souls
i don't know who to trust.

Offline mariachi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #221 on: December 31, 2006, 02:16:09 PM »
can't wait for the reunion! see you guys!  :-D
That in all things, God may be glorified!

Offline ranza1982

• Netizen Level
« Reply #222 on: January 03, 2007, 08:23:05 PM »
hey guys, huge Razorback fan here! grabe di na ako nakatrabaho sa kakabasa ng buong thread hehe ...

i got to watch Razorback in '99 at Gotham and Jekyll and Hyde in Manila ... pero the best pa rin yung "YOUTHSTOCK" gig ninyo sa Ayala Alabang, nagwala lahat ng tao when Razorback started to play and ang gulo nung moshpit sa harap hehe sumama ata ako dun, di ko na maalala. ang nangyari lang nga was after Razorback's set, the people were all tired kaya wala nang masyadong nagrock-out when the final band, Wolfgang, was up and ready to play :? :?

H*LY F*CK!! i remember that gig! was it the one where brian did this amaaaazaing solo and everyone went wild!!! he really got the crowd going nuts! tapos wolf tried to do the same thing, PFFFFT. it wasn't the same.

Offline musikanitwist

• Veteran Member
« Reply #223 on: January 07, 2007, 05:31:59 PM »
hey guys, huge Razorback fan here! grabe di na ako nakatrabaho sa kakabasa ng buong thread hehe ...

i got to watch Razorback in '99 at Gotham and Jekyll and Hyde in Manila ... pero the best pa rin yung "YOUTHSTOCK" gig ninyo sa Ayala Alabang, nagwala lahat ng tao when Razorback started to play and ang gulo nung moshpit sa harap hehe sumama ata ako dun, di ko na maalala. ang nangyari lang nga was after Razorback's set, the people were all tired kaya wala nang masyadong nagrock-out when the final band, Wolfgang, was up and ready to play :? :?

H*LY F*CK!! i remember that gig! was it the one where brian did this amaaaazaing solo and everyone went wild!!! he really got the crowd going nuts! tapos wolf tried to do the same thing, PFFFFT. it wasn't the same.

pffft. +1
There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them.
Louis Armstrong
 http://akibanda.multiply.com  MSG RJUR PATAK BY ABS COMBO to 2959

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #224 on: January 20, 2007, 03:02:12 AM »
TO RAZORBACK.....MORE ALBUMS TO COME!!!!wala talaga kayong kupas....pislabenrakenrol!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
black moon creeping...