hulika

Author Topic: Great Service from Ultrasound New York!!!  (Read 28137 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Great Service from Ultrasound New York!!!
« Reply #200 on: March 07, 2012, 12:55:35 AM »
I'm back... and I get of plenty of love skunky... Heh Heh

But after a 12 day stint at New York and I learnt a lot AND realizing WALA TALAGA TAYO SA POSISYON MAGSALITA TUNGKOL SA TONE.  I decided that the thing we are BEST at is BEING NICE AND WARM TO EACH OTHER. 

CHEERS!!!

Well, at least we can set up a stage in 30 minutes and still blow away an audience.   Something that Americans and Europeans should do half a day.  :D

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #201 on: March 07, 2012, 01:13:21 AM »
in the context of filipinos (i disagree) lol

anyway what cab will you pair this amp of yours?

if you look at ultrasounds websites on what services they offer..i guess its having amps that are not too common in places like samash, guitarcenter etc..

My Mills Acoustics... but I am planning to order another 2x12 with Celestion Heritage 65s from Mills... Hmmmnnn. 

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #202 on: March 07, 2012, 01:18:56 AM »
I'm back... and I get of plenty of love skunky... Heh Heh

But after a 12 day stint at New York and I learnt a lot AND realizing WALA TALAGA TAYO SA POSISYON MAGSALITA TUNGKOL SA TONE.  I decided that the thing we are BEST at is BEING NICE AND WARM TO EACH OTHER. 

CHEERS!!!

Back in Manila na, you mean?
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #203 on: March 07, 2012, 01:19:10 AM »
My Mills Acoustics... but I am planning to order another 2x12 with Celestion Heritage 65s from Mills... Hmmmnnn.

vox schemed tolex? mmmmmm

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #204 on: March 07, 2012, 01:25:20 AM »
vox schemed tolex? mmmmmm

Probably not.  Just plain black.  I like to keep my 2x12 cabinets the same color combination and material. 

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #205 on: March 07, 2012, 01:33:25 AM »
sa mga ganitong thread, naalala ko tuloy yung maykaya naming kapitbahay noon na kapag may bagong laruan ipagmamayabang sa amin na mga kalaro nya...syempre inggit to death kami at....

wala lang, ganun lang feeling ko...peace  :mrgreen:

You don't have to feel jealous... As long as you don't need it, you have nothing to be jealous about!  Let me just clarify, that it turns out that the Bruno Super100 6L6 version was the best sounding amp for me and I really felt that I did not have that amp topography among my amps.  So, I would NOT exactly say that everybody should start out on their first tube amp with a dumble clone -- though some could want it to be their first amp.  Remember that the purpose of this visit was to valid whether I really liked this amp since three years ago.  And upto now, I still do.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #206 on: March 07, 2012, 01:35:59 AM »
i'm just curious. what are you going to do with all that tone?

Enjoy it... I mean at the rate of new guitar music getting released ... close to zero.  I am so tired about hearing Will Time Big Time and all the POP crap on the air waves that I rather listen to my amps.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #207 on: March 07, 2012, 01:44:30 AM »
thanks for sharing the experience, Alex.  :)

i admit i'm one of the fans of the Dumble tone. IMO and based on my experience, this is the tone that can easily cut through a band mix. thing is, my experience is limited to Dumble-sounding pedals, which according to you really don't capture the real Dumble tone. what i think is, pedals like the Zendrive and Ethos can capture Dumble tone but not the dynamics only the real amp can give. for folks who can't afford the real thing, i think these pedals can easily get them into the territory.

everyone's tonal palette is relative and dependent on the level of experience they have. because Alex has been exposed to a lot of good-sounding gear, what sounds good to us may not sound good to him. but i daresay that there is a higher likelihood that what sounds good to him will sound good to those with less experience.

By the way, I wanted to say that I always felt that I was NOT into Dumble tones.  But I love the sound that Bruno Super 100 does in spades and I felt I did not have that topography.  So, I really think of it more as a metal amp -- so much gain on top with really tight bass.  Touch sensitive gain which was really thick with single note lines. I could not really care if it copied a Dumble but it just sounded so good.  When I first tried the Super100  about 3 years ago, I never even really cared if it was a Dumble because I never really heard a Dumble. 

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #208 on: March 07, 2012, 08:12:42 AM »
sorry i may have missed it but what was the great service?
+1000

you can read the earlier posts and pages of this thread to see what they did for Alex.
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #209 on: March 07, 2012, 08:22:07 AM »
By the way, I wanted to say that I always felt that I was NOT into Dumble tones.  But I love the sound that Bruno Super 100 does in spades and I felt I did not have that topography.  So, I really think of it more as a metal amp -- so much gain on top with really tight bass.  Touch sensitive gain which was really thick with single note lines. I could not really care if it copied a Dumble but it just sounded so good.  When I first tried the Super100  about 3 years ago, I never even really cared if it was a Dumble because I never really heard a Dumble.

i listened to the sound clips in their website and they were really awesome. very responsive and they really capture the Robben Ford/Larry Carlton solo tone. i haven't heard this tone in a metal setting though.  :)

Offline alroyT

• Veteran Member
« Reply #210 on: March 08, 2012, 10:14:40 AM »
My mistake... kasi pinagmamalaki mo ang studio C.  Teka... kung gawin ko career ang gitara baka mas maraming akong real musicians na nakatugtog pati sa new york.  I just did not see in front of the amps dude... I had conversation with Gene.  I would say Ultrasound are one of the more honest and more knowledgeable about sound.
You dont have to make a career out of it,I have my day job and still have time to go out there and rock out my c0$% out.I say you should look around there are lots of inconspicuous shops here in NY that sell hi end stuff with excellent service and rating.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #211 on: March 15, 2012, 05:19:14 AM »
Some belated pics of my Dumble Shootout at Ultrasound:

This is the Bruno Super 100 prototype EL34 version. I tested something like this more than 3 years ago at Ultrasound and I was expecting this to be my amp of choice.  Note the back panel which indicates that this is the prototype/reference that Tony Bruno uses to construct Super 100 orders to benchmark against.  The Super 100 that I ordered will look exactly like this.

This is the Bruno Super 100 prototype 6L6 version.  Actually, nahiya ako dahil kung may nangyari sa dalawang protoype amps na ito which was shipped from Tony Bruno just for me to test, hindi na makakagawa ng Super 100 si Tony Bruno.

This is the Bludotone we were testing fresh from the shipping carton.  Clearly this is a Bludotone production model which Ultrasound believes to be better sounding than Carol Ann, Fuchs, Glasswerks and as good or better sounding than Two Rock.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 05:26:29 AM by firemodel55 »

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #212 on: March 15, 2012, 08:28:16 AM »
the Bludotone looks just like a Dumble head.  :-D

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #213 on: March 15, 2012, 08:36:29 AM »
Prior to testing, I helped Gene at ultrasound put together a cabinet to test the amps.  For this test, a new Bruno 2x12 open cabinet just arrived.  I helped Gene load it with spare Celestion Rola G12-65s that Ultrasound keeps around (It looks new too).  Ideally, the cabinet should have been a 2x12 with an oval port at the back.

This 2x12 cabinet is a hand made shell of spruce(also considered pine) and a birch ply baffle by Bruno.

I took this picture para makita niyo na iba ang quality ng pine (hindi galing Baguio) na gamit nila Bruno and Birch Ply (na hindi marine ply)  na selected pa para sa tunog.  Mayroon kasi local amp manufacturer na gumagamit ng marine ply at akalain siguro na pareho lang ng 'selected' birch ply.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:38:39 AM by firemodel55 »

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #214 on: March 15, 2012, 08:40:53 AM »
So how does this monstrosity of a test set up look:

LOL

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #215 on: March 15, 2012, 08:47:08 AM »
that's just sick. yung pinakamaliit pa na head yung nasa ilalim.  :-o

I took this picture para makita niyo na iba ang quality ng pine (hindi galing Baguio) na gamit nila Bruno and Birch Ply (na hindi marine ply)  na selected pa para sa tunog.  Mayroon kasi local amp manufacturer na gumagamit ng marine ply at akalain siguro na pareho lang ng 'selected' birch ply.

spill!  :-D

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #216 on: March 15, 2012, 10:18:06 AM »
Because the Brunos CRUSH the Bludotone literally... LOL

If you notice, I also have a mechanical arm that automatically switches the amp inputs into the cabinet when I shout out a command.  Heh Heh

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #217 on: March 15, 2012, 10:28:52 AM »
hahaha parang matutumba! magastos yan if bumagsak! :eek:

Hows the weight of those huge amp heads?

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #218 on: March 15, 2012, 11:16:13 AM »
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q182/oasgomez/IMG_2349small.jpg
LOL

Pag nkaita yan ni Tony Bruno, baka himatayin yun.. haha.. baka malaglag eh, lagot ang mga pototype.. hehe..

What guitar did you use in testing them?

Offline Filippo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #219 on: March 15, 2012, 11:18:05 AM »
"and as good or better sounding than Two Rock" ... First time I've heard this description about the Bludo... most I've talked to say the Bludo is in a totally different level compared to the TR.

What TR are you referencing the Bludo against BTW?

I love TR cleans!
We're all just caretakers. And some better than others.

Offline monsterbot

« Reply #220 on: March 15, 2012, 12:57:49 PM »
naku po!mahuhulog!

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #221 on: March 15, 2012, 01:02:20 PM »
Pag nkaita yan ni Tony Bruno, baka himatayin yun.. haha.. baka malaglag eh, lagot ang mga pototype.. hehe..

What guitar did you use in testing them?

Guitar used to test is a Max Baranet Les Paul (around US$35-40k in value with a 7 year wait time)

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #222 on: March 15, 2012, 01:03:05 PM »
hahaha parang matutumba! magastos yan if bumagsak! :eek:

Hows the weight of those huge amp heads?

Not to worry... Not that heavy.  The old Marshalls are way Heavier.

Offline guitarbrat

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #223 on: March 15, 2012, 02:19:25 PM »

LOL

Binabalanse ba ng tao sa likod. Mahirap na baka bumagsak.  :money:

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2012, 09:03:53 PM »

kala ko ba yaw mo ng pine cabinet tinira mo pa nga yung fender cabs noon.. nakalimutan kuna yung name nung thread....
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER