hulika

Author Topic: Scalarizer Thread - Part II - Soundclips of the Epi SG test on page 60  (Read 281652 times)

Offline Valve

• Veteran Member
Re: Scalarizer Thread - Part II
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2007, 02:49:16 PM »
Ahhh I'm back .

Sarap ng bakasyon. Much needed grabe.

Updates: We just tested the ceramic core scalarizer on Eric's custom fretless bass. (yo Microchimp...when I got back to the shop and checked the color-coding, the blue lead one was the graphite pala...the one we installed was ceramic). It sounded very good. From our initial testing on guitars tho, it has a character that's akin to the crystal although slightly different. It's got this "graininess" which adds a different character to the sparkle.

ayy... kala ko, espesyal yung nasa fretless ko, fafa.  :-D
either way, swabe!
next project, the BAMF buffer!

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2007, 02:54:57 PM »
Nice doing business with you Bamf.. i got the Bakemono and a few scalarizers..3 metal and 3 crystals..ano naman yung " GRAY " colored ones??? para saan ito..oo nga pala THANKS din sa gray ones kasi mukhang TY ito..

Hindi gray yun ser...brown. Yep a small gift for your patience. Antagal sa kin nung Bakemono e. Try nyo yun...it's warrrrmmmmm :D :D :D. It's actually my current favorite model, although it can get muddy at high gains.

Dyugs, the Bakemono is the code name for my super mods. First was the DS-1 Bakemono and next was the MT2 Bakemono...yung tri-ny mo na napa-mura ka hehehe :D
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2007, 03:28:56 PM »
Bamf bukas ko pa mate test yung scalarized guitar ko sa bakemono.. oo nga pala para saan pala yung mga switches sa gilid saka mga knobs???? bakit 2 click lang yung sa kaliwa ba yun pero 3 clicks yung sa kabila.??? :? wala ba manual ito? hehehe  :-D
Music is art in sound...

Offline dyugs666

« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2007, 03:38:11 PM »
Aaahhhh...
Oo grabe yun!
Di lang bagay sa tugtugan namin, pero kung metal yung banda mo, yun yun!!! =)

Btw, Jobet, wala ba kayong mod na pang Overdrive?
Tipong swabe lang. =)
@jugsjugsjugs on Twitter and Instagram

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2007, 04:25:45 PM »
Bamf bukas ko pa mate test yung scalarized guitar ko sa bakemono.. oo nga pala para saan pala yung mga switches sa gilid saka mga knobs???? bakit 2 click lang yung sa kaliwa ba yun pero 3 clicks yung sa kabila.??? :? wala ba manual ito? hehehe  :-D

Left switch- Tubescreamer/DS1 mode. Up for tubescreamer, down for DS1.
Left knob- Prebass cut. Keep it bypassed (yung pinakamalakas na pihit) unless ang matusukan mo ng amp ay lawlaw ang bass, in which case, konting pihit lang at magta-tighten ang sound.

Right switch- Sushi mod/warp select. Up for sushi, down for warp. Warp knob only activates if its in warp mode.

Left knob- Warp control. Activates only when the warp select is activated. Controls the fizziness or fullness of the sound, continously variable :D

Dyugs, yung MT2 Bakemono grabe ang versatility nun. Pag binaba mo ang gain nun, binaba ng konti ang bass and treble, iti-naas o tinodo ang mids, kaya nun i-emulate ang tunog ng tubescreamer. Pwede pa nga gamiting clean boost yun. It goes all the way from clean to full metal and anywhere in between :D

Offline dyugs666

« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2007, 03:53:25 AM »
Cool!!
Ano'ng cheap OD ang pwedeng i-mod?

Btw, ang labo, nakita ko kanina si Pao sa Megamaill hahahaha  :-D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2007, 10:53:23 AM »
Honga kinekwento nga ni Pao.

Denio Super Overdrive Ser. My current favorite. My unit has been "Marshallized". Me bago akong tone set na inaaral...ife-Fenderize ko naman yung susunod. :D

Sobrang mura nya sa 2nd hand market, I don't mind getting 2 or 3 units of those para lang katayin hehahehe.

Offline dyugs666

« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2007, 03:05:15 PM »
Hehehe! Sige, hanap ako nun mehn! Tapos ipa-mod ko sa iyo.
Thanks!!! =)

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2007, 12:25:45 AM »
Honga kinekwento nga ni Pao.

Denio Super Overdrive Ser. My current favorite. My unit has been "Marshallized". Me bago akong tone set na inaaral...ife-Fenderize ko naman yung susunod. :D

Sobrang mura nya sa 2nd hand market, I don't mind getting 2 or 3 units of those para lang katayin hehahehe.

I love that freaking denio!!!

will use it at the next opportunity to jam with the blue rats for snob effect (denio overdrive?!?! snob effect?!?!? wtf?!?!)

it really is a freak of nature, after bamf worked his magic on it. talk about turning lead to gold. the tones, the midrange... whew... right up there! i scratch my head when i use it. get carried away. i end up forgetting that it was a denio...  :-P
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline jfbltzr

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2007, 02:19:56 PM »
sir BAMF ako yung nagpa scalarize ng black fernandes last tue kasama nila balta and epoy. My guitar now screams with better tone. Tnx!

Offline humbucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2007, 08:12:23 PM »
sobrang newbie na queston po.

ANO BA SCALARIZER?!? IS THIS AN EFFECT, PICKUP, VIDEOGAME, ETC?!?

Offline Igor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2007, 08:56:32 PM »
 The Best ang Crystal Core :evil:
Shot na!!!

radiostationexp

« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2007, 08:58:02 PM »
sobrang newbie na queston po.

ANO BA SCALARIZER?!? IS THIS AN EFFECT, PICKUP, VIDEOGAME, ETC?!?

Shall I dare to answer?  :-D

The scalarizer is a gadget invented by BAMF that is about as big as half of your pinky finger. When installed in your guitar it dramatically enhances the sound it produces.

BAMF has created several types of scalarizers that will enhance your guitar's sound in different ways. To quote BAMF:

Crystal core - gives the guitar a flat and sparkly tonal response
Metal core - Crisp and punchy tone, with upper mids emphasis
Organicore - Warm response, with emphasis on the "warm" midrange frequencies.

Combinations of these three scalarizer types will imbibe a guitar with the characteristics of the scalarizers installed. For instance, a guitar with a crystal-metal core combination installed will have both the crisp and punchy tone plus the sparkly character. Organicrystal will give a woody, warm and organic tone plus the sparkly, chimey character. Organic-Metal will give both the crispy, crunchy tone plus the warmth and woody sound of the organicore.

A lot of forumites have already had their instruments "scalarized" (including yours truly) and I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am with my axe's tone now!

Drop by BAMFx. Ser Jobet is very accomodating and will welcome you as a friend! Bring your guitar and try it out with and without a scalarizer installed. To hear is to believe!!!!  :-D

Might as well check out his pedal mods too... :-D

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2007, 11:24:56 PM »
The Best ang Crystal Core :evil:

ditto! being a singlecoil man, I love the crystal.

and the cystal + organicore for actives. Joey Puyat swears by his Squire MIJ strat loaded with EMG's and metal scalarizer  :wink: i'm damn envious!!!  :cry: one of the nicest tones i've heard. Can't forget the look on his face after he plugged into his amp when the metalcore was installed.

Ron Kirn

Offline Igor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2007, 12:18:15 AM »
 Oo nga po eh. ok ung Crystal. laki ng inimprove ng tone ^^. pag nagka budget Metal Core nmn
 Para pam patayan na  :evil: :evil: :evil:
Shot na!!!

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2007, 12:18:40 AM »
up ko lang!
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2007, 12:21:01 AM »
oh, for the inquirers who don't wanna sift through all the pages,

you are all welcome to drop by PIMP/BAMFX studios to give it a shot. If you cannot hear the difference, there is no commitment on your part to pay for it.

If you are unsatisfied, I understand that BAMF guarantees your hard earned money back.

That goes to show that he is conscious about getting your value for your hard earned bucks  :wink:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 12:22:04 AM by psychic_sushi »

Ron Kirn

Offline guitargodskitz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2007, 12:47:54 AM »
to sir bamf: is it possible if i can have all 3 scalarizers installed sa guitar ko? then maybe u could put 3 switches para i can turn on which scalarizer i can use and which i could combine, like a stompbox effects style hehe kaso scalarizer in a guitar naman hehe
HalmistaVocalist Ako

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2007, 01:51:14 AM »
Update again !

Yes yes yes !!!! Multiple guitarists have confirmed what my ears have been hearing.

The hydrocore truly has a noticeable chorus effect...and something else...it really does sound "watery"and relaxing. Imagine the overtones you hear from rolling waves...ah well...Fafa Anton...help with the adjectives naman here :D.

We think this will fit perfectly for a jazz-assigned guitar. Perfect.

Next stop : two units of the new Aircore scalarizer have been finished and are ready for testing. Monday na. Pahinga naman.

Hey fafa!

Sorry for being scarce, you know how things are  :wink:

As for the hydrocore, it's name lives up to what my ears hear. It is watery, almost chorusy but not over bearing. Not as in, total warble, it is very very subtle, and should be really good for jazz. The definition is great, as that is the scalarizer's main trait, but playing with the hydrocore Saturday evening made me feel good, as complex chords sound warm, lush and with a hint of "water". Soothing indeed.

Hey fafa, since it's Lolo Aya's b-day, why don't we send one over for him as a gift? It only befits him, as the country's foremost jazz monster, to enjoy this tootsie, should it satisfy his ears and merits his approval :-)

i'm only a jazz teenager fafa, a pubescent pimply kid with peach fuzz in the lower abdominal regions, in light of jazz, my voice is still breaking  :mrgreen:

Teka, teka... foremost jazz ever ka diyan, brad. 'La namang ganyanan.  :wink:

Kung magpapa-scalarize po ako, gusto ko pong bayaran.

:-)
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2007, 02:11:22 AM »
to sir bamf: is it possible if i can have all 3 scalarizers installed sa guitar ko? then maybe u could put 3 switches para i can turn on which scalarizer i can use and which i could combine, like a stompbox effects style hehe kaso scalarizer in a guitar naman hehe

bamf has a guitar at the shop that has selectable scalarizers that look like a freaking vine of grapes!

I believe your idea can be manifested in the material realm  :wink: yakang yaka yan!

Ron Kirn

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2007, 02:16:20 AM »
Update again !

Yes yes yes !!!! Multiple guitarists have confirmed what my ears have been hearing.

The hydrocore truly has a noticeable chorus effect...and something else...it really does sound "watery"and relaxing. Imagine the overtones you hear from rolling waves...ah well...Fafa Anton...help with the adjectives naman here :D.

We think this will fit perfectly for a jazz-assigned guitar. Perfect.

Next stop : two units of the new Aircore scalarizer have been finished and are ready for testing. Monday na. Pahinga naman.

Hey fafa!

Sorry for being scarce, you know how things are  :wink:

As for the hydrocore, it's name lives up to what my ears hear. It is watery, almost chorusy but not over bearing. Not as in, total warble, it is very very subtle, and should be really good for jazz. The definition is great, as that is the scalarizer's main trait, but playing with the hydrocore Saturday evening made me feel good, as complex chords sound warm, lush and with a hint of "water". Soothing indeed.

Hey fafa, since it's Lolo Aya's b-day, why don't we send one over for him as a gift? It only befits him, as the country's foremost jazz monster, to enjoy this tootsie, should it satisfy his ears and merits his approval :-)

i'm only a jazz teenager fafa, a pubescent pimply kid with peach fuzz in the lower abdominal regions, in light of jazz, my voice is still breaking  :mrgreen:

Teka, teka... foremost jazz ever ka diyan, brad. 'La namang ganyanan.  :wink:

Kung magpapa-scalarize po ako, gusto ko pong bayaran.

Lolo Aya!

Would be great if you could give it a shot! we wanted to send one over to you as a b-day present  :wink:  sayang, wanted to see your b-day gig, life got in the way...  :-(

Ron Kirn

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2007, 02:40:19 AM »
I've really been planning to at least try it out, check it out and see if it does something for me. But as with y'all, life has been getting in the way.

Busy-busyhan, eh.

<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2007, 04:12:02 AM »
I've really been planning to at least try it out, check it out and see if it does something for me. But as with y'all, life has been getting in the way.

Busy-busyhan, eh.

Feel free to drop by at your most convenient time! I will try my very best to be there too, sana we can jam, kahit saglit... and gimme a short lesson  :-)

You da man, Lolo Aya! If the planets and stars allign, pwede na Lolatech summit!  :evil:

Daming matanda sa area namin  :-D

Ron Kirn

Offline moHaWk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2007, 04:13:37 AM »
up ko lang!!! panalo kakatuwa mga post!!!
wag mo problemahin ang problema, hayaan mong problema mamroblema sayo!!!!!

Pag ang lason ba na-expire lason parin?

Offline moHaWk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2007, 04:15:13 AM »
y'all know the address ryt?
wag mo problemahin ang problema, hayaan mong problema mamroblema sayo!!!!!

Pag ang lason ba na-expire lason parin?